Mod errors?

littleevilwolflittleevilwolf Join Date: 2013-01-17 Member: 180231Members, Reinforced - Shadow
everyday when i first turn on ns2 all my mods have turned off and a error comes up on the menu just saying "Mod error" its only happens when i first turn on ns2 for the day. after that i can open/close ns2 as much as i want and no mod errors happen. the next day comes and i turn on ns2 and it always greets me with " Mod error" and i have to go in the mod menu and turn on all mods i want, restart it and its fine.

i recently changed the user profile on my computer and moved all programs to my new user. Is that why I am having this issue? tho this only started to happen after the resent update. (did the user move before the update{week or so})

if more info is needed i'll post it later.

Comments

• MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    just saying I got the same problem
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    I only know that there is kind of this issue connected to ns2+ and workshop updates. Could you please post a log after you got the error again?
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Upload your techsupport.exe zip file please
  • littleevilwolflittleevilwolf Join Date: 2013-01-17 Member: 180231Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited May 2014
    bfl749.jpg
    if anything else is needed tell me.

i ran V after i closed and took a screen cap of above . this happens everyday after the first fail its works normally
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    edited May 2014
    Is that the first time you opened NS2 today? It shouldn't happen anymore.
  • littleevilwolflittleevilwolf Join Date: 2013-01-17 Member: 180231Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Mendasp wrote: »
    Is that the first time you opened NS2 today? It shouldn't happen anymore.

i reason i am posting this is cause it happens everyday since the update once a day.

• MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    edited May 2014
    It's NS2+ being updated, I've been updating almost every day, and since it gets unmounted to update the files it tells you "Mod error" because it can't find the file it's trying to load for the main menu while updating, I've presumably fixed this in my latest update, which is why I asked. Still, since you couldn't have possibly had this new code until it failed one last time, that's why I ask if this is the first time it happens today... because after this time it shouldn't happen anymore.