Shadow Badge Marine Taunt

PuphBallPuphBall Join Date: 2013-06-06 Member: 185488Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
edited January 2014 in NS2 General Discussion
Hey guys, just wondering what's up with me not having shadow badge marine taunt!

http://i.imgur.com/PFLkIsq.png?1

As you can see, I redeemed all of those things. Anyone know why I don't hear a special taunt when I spam taunt button?

Thanks!

Edit: Video of me spamming taunt to show you. Some female taunt spamming too, not sure about those.

Comments

• Scorpion9908Scorpion9908 Australia Join Date: 2013-07-29 Member: 186445Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2014
    The marine taunt is kill em all its the only way to be sure or something like that and just the female marine that can say it. And I think anyone can use it badge or not so. . . I dont know what is going on. :P
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    There are around 15 taunts player in a random order. It's very rare for it to play that one. It needs to be changed IMO to be a lot more common and not play the same taunt twice
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I haven't ever heard it (I have the shadow pack). Has it actually been implemented? I use the female marine model and taunt quite a bit.
  • DraconisDraconis Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13722Members, Reinforced - Onos
    @Roo Yeah i have heard it before.
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    There are around 15 taunts player in a random order. It's very rare for it to play that one. It needs to be changed IMO to be a lot more common and not play the same taunt twice
    This. It's "working as intended," but the current design treats the special taunt with the same weight as any other. The female marine has a lot of taunts compared to the male marine, and like Samus noted there's nothing stopping the game from playing the same taunt multiple times without moving on to something else.
  • PuphBallPuphBall Join Date: 2013-06-06 Member: 185488Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    So, only female can say it, is that correct? Time to switch to female and test!
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Pretty sure I still have never heard my character say that... maybe I need to start taunting more? *scratches head*
  • HamletHamlet Join Date: 2008-08-17 Member: 64837Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2014
    After hitting the taunt key for 2min straight, I heard it once.
    [Female marine]

If I only hit the taunt key once or twice during regular play, I never get to hear it.
    Which means that the taunt practically does not exist.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    I don't understand what half the female marine taunts are on about, and it's a shame they have all the standard male marine phrases anyway as they sound kind of out of place in the female marine recordings.

"smash 'em crash 'em make 'em write back cheques" - Is that a reference to a movie or something? It doesn't really make sense

"Chuck you, farley" - ONLY just understood this one now I've written it out :P

The classic "my shrink says i need an outlet for my aggression" is weirdly paced in the female version and doesn't sound right
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    "Chuck you, farley" - ONLY just understood this one now I've written it out :P

Ah, so it's a reference to Flayra?
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    I've had this increased from 3% , to 8% chance of playing.
  • HamletHamlet Join Date: 2008-08-17 Member: 64837Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2014
    @SamusDroid
    How? Do we need a mod for that? Will it be included in 263?
    Hamlet wrote: »
    @SamusDroid
    How? Do we need a mod for that? Will it be included in 263?
    Of course it's in 263. I have another surprise too, but I wont tell you yet.