Factions Mod by Sewlek

2»

Comments

• Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    God, Global Agenda was awesome. It's too bad that Hi-Rez is an awful developer and completely dropped it as soon as Tribes came out (and of course now they're letting that die in favor of Smite)
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    We played a round yesterday on the SCC server... it has a lot of potential and needs some polishing, but I think it was lots of fun. My favorite is the sniper/assassin.
  • ZavaroZavaro Tucson, Arizona Join Date: 2005-02-14 Member: 41174Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Great work, Sewlek. Had a blast on Gorge Hut for a few hours on Nov 1. Some feedback.

-It'd be nice to know what exactly each of the points affects in depth, whether it be weapon speed or damage or duration or all three.

-The weapon variety is pretty great, but I don't think many people know that you can click on them to change loadout.

-It'd be nice to show a location on the Mineshaft control markers which are visible throughout the map, not only does it not show location in the top left, it doesn't show it in the first person view making pub games kind of confusing for players new to the gametypes.

In addition, I encountered some weapon model bugs with some textures bugging out, notably the beta LMG, I have a feeling I'm not alone.

When playing another idea was talked of. Capture the Gorge. I can't take credit, but it's fairly self explanatory. Absolutely a blast to play though. I hope things like this get merged into future NS patches, since content is very important for keeping the community alive.
  • ForlornHopeForlornHope Join Date: 2003-08-01 Member: 18675Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Played 2 rounds of this on the SCC server. It was really good fun even though I had absolutely no idea how anything worked and I only learned about the options you get when you click on an ability (such as changing weapons) today when watching the video. Someone needs to do a training video.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Just played two rounds again on a sparsely populated server. Players really have wayyyy too many hitpoints. There is no point in being an assassin if you can't kill your enemies quickly :\
  • CuelCuel Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181295Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yeah I don't understand the point of a camouflage when it takes 28 hits to kill something.
  • SewlekSewlek The programmer previously known as Schimmel Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16247Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Developer
    sounds like there is somewhere a bug then? it definitely should not be 28 hits, more like 3-8, depending on enemy and buffs/debuffs
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2013
    8 hits is a lot though I think. Especially with all the possible healing sources. I mean that since there's no sneak attack or stealth melee critical that being able to get behind enemy lines doesn't really give the sniper class any benefit.

I think the recon class would benefit from the tf2 style of handling the sniper class and how it heals damage. Using camo to get into an unexpected spot would allow for longer zoom time for the extra damage.
    Sewlek wrote: »
    sounds like there is somewhere a bug then? it definitely should not be 28 hits, more like 3-8, depending on enemy and buffs/debuffs

Well, using the assassin's small gun (not the rifle), it took me almost my whole energy to kill one (!) guy, hitting him for a prolonged time.
  • ZalamaelZalamael Join Date: 2013-08-18 Member: 186949Members

Well, using the assassin's small gun (not the rifle), it took me almost my whole energy to kill one (!) guy, hitting him for a prolonged time.

To be fair, the Assassin should be weaker at range than say, the Assault, but stronger when up close. I think the health bars are spot on, it encourages focus firing and target discrimination (kill the healers first!). With NS2 being such a skill based game, it would be overpowering to have a lower TTK, as all the skilled aimers would simply blow through the other team. And the higher health bars promote tracking over raw twitch skills, which is better I think for players without high end gaming PCs.

• elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2013
    Takes time to get used to the high hp and I think it's largely fine for the type of gameplay it's trying to do. DPS of most weapons and setups are actually quite high (some stuff have very large alpha damage), and the large hp means there is more focus on knowing the cd's, timers, and classes, than just owning everyone with tracking. You actually need to put in damage resist and +hp implants to actually survive anything decently. In that regard, i think the damage resists stack too well. Also, melee seems a bit weak, although i think it's more to do with the general issue of collision in spark imo.

*for recon burst damage, i suggest people try maxing out the range stim boost and using that. It's actually alot of damage.
  • GORGEousGORGEous Join Date: 2012-02-19 Member: 146762Members, NS2 Map Tester
    In GA at least, the game was about teamwork/tactics and focus fire. One player DPSing could be healed through easily.
    Zalamael wrote: »

To be fair, the Assassin should be weaker at range than say, the Assault, but stronger when up close. I think the health bars are spot on, it encourages focus firing and target discrimination (kill the healers first!). With NS2 being such a skill based game, it would be overpowering to have a lower TTK, as all the skilled aimers would simply blow through the other team. And the higher health bars promote tracking over raw twitch skills, which is better I think for players without high end gaming PCs.

Yes. Still, I think we could half the hp and still have the positive side effects with only 50% the bullet-spongieness.
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    This looks fun but I can't find any servers running it. Sadly, that's the case with all mods in this game.
  • SewlekSewlek The programmer previously known as Schimmel Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16247Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Developer
    This looks fun but I can't find any servers running it. Sadly, that's the case with all mods in this game.

there are servers, just before i have seen 2
  • Maxx11_v2.0Maxx11_v2.0 Join Date: 2012-11-18 Member: 172221Members
    Looks like it could be fun, might be just the thing to get to launch NS2 again. I'll be sure to give it a try if I come across a server that runs it.
  • CrushaKCrushaK Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167195Members, NS2 Playtester
    This looks fun but I can't find any non-empty servers running it. Sadly, that's the case with all mods in this game.

ftfy.
  • killer monkeykiller monkey Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70743Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I really need to play this
    I really need to play this

Yes you do
  • current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Played it again (sober this time) last night for 10 min. Seemed like players had too much hp.
  • shonanshonan Join Date: 2013-01-28 Member: 182562Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    This should be included with the game.
  • joederpjoederp Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165992Members
    Hmmmm thinking of TF2 ?

As i said before we should rename it Natural Fortress 2 :D

Yeah.. I tried it out, definitely got the "been there done that" feeling.