[PSA] How to fix mouse input lag

ritualsacrificeritualsacrifice Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171148Members, Reinforced - Shadow
1. Go into options
2. Enable mouse acceleration
3. Disable raw input
4. Click "apply"
5. Disable mouse acceleration
6. Enable raw input
7. Click "apply"
8. Profit

Not sure who figured this out, but Decoy sent me a message this morning explaining it to me. It's worked for everyone I've told so far.

Comments

• amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    1. Go into options
    2. Enable mouse acceleration
    3. Disable raw input
    4. Click "apply"
    5. Disable mouse acceleration
    6. Enable raw input
    7. Click "apply"
    8. Profit

Not sure who figured this out, but Decoy sent me a message this morning explaining it to me. It's worked for everyone I've told so far.

or some voodoo combination of toggling those things on and off with applies interspersed. yeah, it works but i think my mouse accel is actually on... and now i'm paranoid and i'll toggle it on and off and on and off just to make sure.
  • hozzhozz Join Date: 2012-11-20 Member: 172660Members
    Does not work for me.

Tip: the easiest way to check is to move the mouse up-down in the server browser. You'll clearly see the server highlighting lagging behind the cursor. Same thing can be easily seen in the options menu.
  • ihavewormsihaveworms Join Date: 2013-07-04 Member: 185899Members
    Didn't work for me
  • Zomb3hZomb3h Join Date: 2011-01-27 Member: 79241Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Doesn't work at all.
  • male_fatalitiesmale_fatalities ausns2.org Join Date: 2004-03-06 Member: 27185Members, Constellation
  • Sharp-ShooterSharp-Shooter Join Date: 2011-05-11 Member: 98364Members
    didnt work for me, however the new patch 254 hotfix fixed it
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    This is hopefully fixed for D3D9 and D3D11 in the build 254 hotfix that just went out; OpenGL has a lot of other problems right now and it's recommended that players only use OpenGL if they're going to run the Linux client.