Mod: Spark Editor - Browser (Models / Textures) - Improvement - Download (v2013-Nov-16)

JoseppeJoseppe Join Date: 2012-01-21 Member: 141497Members Posts: 283 Advanced user
edited November 2013 in Mapping
After 60+ hours it´s done...

Description:
The Mod replaces the preview images of the Spark Editor Browser (Texture / Model).

Example: without Mod
cojSxch.jpg
sxK3Wwb.jpg
02P8OmW.jpg
Example: with Mod
gp6imcW.jpg
jgAAAXg.jpg
BJYWTIz.jpg

Installation:
1. DOWNLOAD
2. extract
3. click on "install.bat"
9TiijD1.jpg

Feel free to give suggestions on the color scheme.

When is a new version necessary ?

When UWE releases new game assets i need to release a new version, which includes them.
Otherwise you see only a black background without any words on a texture / model in the Browser.

Changes:
  • texture browser:
    • title of the texture is displayed
    • added little grey border (to see the eye dropper more clearly)
  • model browser:
    • title of the model is displayed
    • high quality preview images (almost 80% (2835 of 3544) of the preview images have been manually recreated)
      • images have a high texture quality (no low rendered preview images)
      • view angle is fine (no more "bad" preview image angle, where you sometimes cant see anything on the preview images)
    • notices:
      • sometimes 1 model is displayed 3 times on a single preview image (to see the height-width-deep at the same time)
      • walls are displayed "in front" of you (to see the details)
    • special inidicator:
      • group coloring (switching background colors white+grey to visualize groups of the same models)
      • green keywords in the lower left corner (corner / crn / curve / 90 / 45, pillars / pill, trims, end, up, down, high, low, str, ...)
      • red keywords in the lower right corner (dmg, damaged, destroyed, broken, empty)
Post edited by Joseppe on
8fnCz79.png 8fnCz79.png
fraggler=Mr.P=HowserVetinariAurOn2DarkSeraph

Comments

• QwiXXeRQwiXXeR Join Date: 2004-11-05 Member: 32640Members Posts: 141 Fully active user
    :D
    Sig image removed. Sig images must be no more than 400x75 pixels and no more than 22kb in size. No exceptions. -BobTheJanitor

^^ - Bob removed my siggy :(
  • fragglerfraggler Join Date: 2013-06-16 Member: 185588Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 29 Fully active user
    as mapping beginner I can tell you: that would be very helpful! :D
    It is not enough to succeed. Others must fail.
  • Rudy.czRudy.cz Join Date: 2012-02-13 Member: 145410Members Posts: 443
    Well I think, this tool is handy. I'll would definitively use it for browsing the game assets. Current browser is quite cumbersome. Also I have small monitor so having the browser as separate window is a godsend.
    co_Core remake: Info , Workshop | Circus for co_Portals: Info , Workshop | my DJ sets at Soundcloud or Mixcloud | simple Portfolio | Spark Tutorials

Server Banner > Join our server and enjoy best selection of community made maps!
  • =Mr.P==Mr.P= Join Date: 2012-02-20 Member: 147025Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 78 Advanced user
    really nice man

• QwiXXeRQwiXXeR Join Date: 2004-11-05 Member: 32640Members Posts: 141 Fully active user
    Been using it, its nice 2 quickly see the set things are coming from. I definitely see the need for the white, really exposes more of the prop in the image. Having said that, i kinda like to turn what i can to be darker, like the newer photoshop 3dsmax gui's. Think there is anyway to get a good mix ?.

Overall nice work man :)
    Sig image removed. Sig images must be no more than 400x75 pixels and no more than 22kb in size. No exceptions. -BobTheJanitor

• JoseppeJoseppe Join Date: 2012-01-21 Member: 141497Members Posts: 283 Advanced user
    QwiXXeR wrote: »
    ...really exposes more of the prop in the image. Having said that, i kinda like to turn what i can to be darker, like the newer photoshop 3dsmax gui's. Think there is anyway to get a good mix ?.

You mean a little bit darker background and not completly white ? (would be better in the image background)
    If yes, just post the color (or the RGB-Values) you would like to see and i will change it.

8fnCz79.png 8fnCz79.png
    Yeh the image backgrounds, Well I am liking it so far so I will keep going with the white, lets see what others say.
    Im sure you'd rather be working on the other features than the colour haha.

Its nice work, thank you.

• JoseppeJoseppe Join Date: 2012-01-21 Member: 141497Members Posts: 283 Advanced user
    edited July 2013
    QwiXXeR wrote: »
    Its nice work, thank you.
    Thx, nice to hear.

Is this better ? I am not sure about the text color, its just black.
    IWch7rC.jpg
    8fnCz79.png 8fnCz79.png
    Yeh i like the grey :P

Nice to hear :)
    It looks really better, thx for the advice.

See the first post for the "new" download.
    8fnCz79.png 8fnCz79.png
    Thanks again for your work on this, looking forward to next release.

• VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver Posts: 3,453 Advanced user
    Awesome! Incredibly useful tool.

Are you going to update this, now that biodome is released?
    formerly known as F0rdPrefect

I am good Onos
    Yes, when the black-thumbnail cache image creation is fixed.
    i was to lazy to create a small image of each prop with the spark viewer to bypass this...
    so i am just waiting right now.
    8fnCz79.png 8fnCz79.png
    Vetinari
  • jstoiajstoia Join Date: 2009-12-15 Member: 69667Members Posts: 197
    how/where do i install it
    http://forums.unknownworlds.com/badge/anniversary-4 Lead Level Design: Sanity Mod
    Remake Level: ns2_shiva
    Community Mapper: ns2_Jambi
    1. download it
    2. unzip it
    3. double click on: install.bat

...and you are finished!

8fnCz79.png 8fnCz79.png
    edited November 2013
    Mod-Status: 100% done, need to update the installer, pack & upload it

Spark Editor - Browser: current
    cojSxch.jpg
    sxK3Wwb.jpg
    02P8OmW.jpg

Spark Editor - Browser: with Mod
    variation a) "original" (background: black + titles: no)
    SQKFDmq.jpg
    TXBjVVa.jpg
    yoWeNfQ.jpg
    variation b) "labeled" (background: white/grey (switching to indicate groups) + titles: yes)
    gp6imcW.jpg
    jgAAAXg.jpg
    BJYWTIz.jpg

If you have any suggestions on "variation b)"... just say something.
    i am not sure about the background color.
    Post edited by Joseppe on
    8fnCz79.png 8fnCz79.png
    GhoulofGSG9FAIL_MurdocBeigeAlert
    *new version released*
    8fnCz79.png 8fnCz79.png
    BeigeAlertHowserAsraniel