NS2+ (The mod previously known as Custom HUD)
Mendasp I touch maps in inappropriate placesValencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, NS2 Community Developer Posts: 4,177 Advanced user
edited March 2016 in Competitive Play
Mod ID: 812f004 - Workshop link
People have asked for a donation link, if you really REALLY want to send money my way to show appreciation for my work, here's the link. Please note that I'm going to keep working on the mod regardless of donations or not.
This mod (previously known as Custom HUD, or CHUD) aims to improve, fix and expand NS2 in order to bring players a better experience. It contains extra customization options and quality of life improvements. This mod needs to be installed on the server.
For server operators or modders that want to access the stats gathered by NS2+, you can read about it here.
You can check current and future progress through the NS2+ GitHub page.
You can check some of the recommended settings here.
Main Menu Mods:
- The server browser will highlight other servers running this mod. If the server requires a map change because of any mod update, the player count will show up in red. If the server has disabled settings that conflict with your own the "ns2+" text will show up red. This can't be seen with the vanilla server browser. It also lets you hide Rookie Only servers and filter the list for servers in the Hive Whitelist.
- You can check and change the NS2+ Options menu before joining a server.
- You can customize your HUD and visuals with a new menu entry with tons of options such as multiple alien visions, hitsounds, etc.
- Weapon autopickup option for empty weapon slots.
- You can choose from a list of Alien Visions, one of them being completely customizable.
- Personal stats when you die and detailed team stats at the end of the round. You can check your last life stats by pressing the voiceover menu button (X by default).
- You can see parasited marines through parasited buildings.
- Commanders can disable click selecting for marine units (so marines don't get selected when medspamming).
- You can customize the size of the killfeed text/icons and the color of the border highlight to your liking.
- Players can make the ragdolls dissolve instantly.
- You can hide the viewmodels per-team if the server allows it.
- Commanders can always see if a Marine has a welder equipped.
- And many more options!
Server specific features:
- The mod will check for updates for all server mods every 15 minutes and will notify the players if there's been updates. If the server is empty it will cycle the map.
- Ability to disable certain client NS2+ features.
- Display average team skill on the scoreboard.
- Display player skill on the scoreboard pre-game (useful for captain games).
- Ability to export stats data gathered during the round.
- Server operators can check and configure features by typing "sv_plus" in console or editing NS2PlusServerConfig.json.
Private training improvements (included in vanilla NS2 since build 267):
- Respawn cheat commands always spawn the player with their previous equipment and upgrades in first person view. It's also no longer needed to type "switch" to go between teams, you can type "skulk" as a marine and it will switch you automatically.
- New cheat command "respawn" that spawns you as your last class, with your last equipment, at your last position before you died. Use "respawn_clear" to clear all the remembered settings.
- New cheat command "jetpack" that makes you respawn as a jetpack marine.
Past NS2+ features now included in vanilla NS2:
-  The server browser highlights ranked servers.
-  The server browser shows the total number of servers available as well as the total number that pass your filter settings.
-  Resource nodes and Tech Points are highlighted on the minimap.
-  Added extra bindings for voiceover options: "Weld me", "Follow me", etc.
-  Dropped weapon expire times now are displayed for the commander.
-  You can click on the scoreboard to check a player's Steam/NS2 profile.
-  Scoreboard displays if someone is your steam friend.
-  You can mute voice/text independently and it's persistent across map changes up to 6 hours.
-  The scoreboard now truncates player names if they overlap with the rest of the elements.
-  Modified vanilla scoreboard to make it usable at low resolutions. It will automatically scroll to your position if you are in RR or in a team. You can use the mousewheel, home/end/pgup/pgdn or click and drag to scroll.
-  Scoreboard shows the Commander background in yellow instead of the name, so you can identify rookie players that are commanding.
-  Medpacks, ammo, and catpacks can be picked up from any height difference.
-  Scoreboard displays the number of connecting players.
-  In the voice request menu you can now select items by moving the mouse past them (similar to NS1).
-  Building range circles now use decals instead of models.
-  Added an option in the sound tab to continue recording after the microphone button has been released for a fraction of a second to help ensure your last word isn't cut off (defaults to 150ms).
-  Marine weapons now reload automatically upon firing the last bullet.
-  Commanders can marquee select enemy units when there's no friendly units in the marquee.
-  Grenade collision radius is more representative of the visual model (proximity detonation radius is unchanged).
-  You can click on the player frames on the sides to autofollow a player. Click again to stop following.
-  Shotgun lights in the model reflect ammo count.
-  Weapon displays flash red when low on ammo.
-  Added unsocketed and blueprint states for Power Nodes in the minimap. You can now see all Power Node states.
-  Alien Commanders can see the energy for their teammates.
-  High contrast colors for health/armor in Insight spectator.
-  Marine players and the Marine Commander can see the time until the weapon disappears when it's been dropped.
-  Make the outline color yellow for parasited players and purple when they have received a catpack in overhead.
-  Added bonewall icon to map.
-  Items that disappear after some time on the ground now display an expiration bar for all Marine players (including the Marine Commander).
-  Server-confirmed hitsounds.
-  The armory and infantry portal arms don’t block bullets anymore.
-  Lerks can see damage numbers for the poison bite's damage over time.
-  When a structure bleeds out the killfeed will show the killer as whoever hit it last.
-  You can see the class of your evolving teammates.
-  The kill feed highlights your player kills. Icons in the killfeed are properly scaled too.
-  Dropped weapons outlines are color coded for improved readability.
-  Infantry Portals will show the name and progress of the player that is about to spawn.
-  Evolving alien players will show their evolution progress for their teammates.
-  Scoreboard keeps the time of the previous round until the next one starts.
-  Dropped marine weapons are outlined for the marine commander and spectators.
-  Spectators can see deployed mines highlighted with a blue outline, and the outline will turn yellow if the mine has been parasited.
-  Added slight impulse to dropped weapons.
-  Enabled weapon specific ammo models for dropped weapons.
-  Marine commanders can see the marine ammo bar with the color that's used in the overview spectator mode to easily identify the weapon the marine is carrying.
-  Commanders can see building ranges before dropping them.
-  Adds player upgrades to the Insight player frames.
-  Adds Lerk deaths to Insight alerts.
-  Alltalk displays the correct team color/background for voice chat.
-  Mods list is sorted automatically as Active > Subscribed > Alphabetically. You can also sort by column.
-  Connections between Phase Gates or Gorge Tunnels are now colored depending on the team. If there’s more than 2 PGs it will switch to lines with animated arrows.
-  Parasited players display their name yellow for teammates and spectators.
Past NS2+ fixes now included in vanilla NS2:
-  Fixed players having voice communication cut off while entering or exiting commander mode.
-  Fixed occasional error when attempting to enter the Mods menu.
-  Fixed bug that made trigger volumes bigger than their representation in the editor. This affected some map locations (power node issues).
-  Fixed bug where the Commander would log out attacking.
-  Made location text for marines left aligned so long location names can fit in the UI
-  Fixed Bonewall not having pre-drop range.
-  Fixed bug where Shotguns and Exo Minigun didn't shoot through soft targets.
-  Fixed drifters trying to build structures they can't and fake-building them forever.
-  Fixed sentries not being able to be dropped until the first sentry battery is finished.
-  Fixed scoreboard not showing Spectators to players on teams.
-  Fixed commander selection bug that made buildings selected with hotgroups not respond properly sometimes.
-  Fixed lights staying red if the power node was under attack (infestation).
-  Fixed bug where damage numbers wouldn't show the damage done in the killing blow.
-  Fixed skulk jump sound loudness (50% reduced).
-  Fixed skulk growl sound when walking.
-  Fixed inactive/unbuilt structures not blinking red when under attack.
-  Fixed alien structures not blinking red when uncysted.
Post edited by Mendasp on