Let's be thankful our community is not like this

13»

Comments

• draktokdraktok Join Date: 2013-02-18 Member: 183156Members
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    What blows me away most about that video is that the tournament organizers tolerate that behavior and tacitly encourage it by doing nothing. It sends the message that this level of childishness is acceptable in e-sports generally when that is far from the truth; players have been ejected from tournaments, fired from their teams or banned entirely by leagues for lesser transgressions in other games. I mean, I know CoD:Blops players are pretty BM, but this is seriously over the line for purportedly "professional" gamers.

Man, if a Korean SC2 pro-gamer pulled this kind of stunt he'd be disowned by his family. That's not even a joke, really, they probably would.
  • The_JanitorThe_Janitor Join Date: 2013-03-24 Member: 184320Members
    edited March 2013
    If you watched through the entire video, you realize that these matches compete for hundreds of thousands or even a million dollars. This kind of... passion comes when the reward is so great and it all comes down to one match.
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    edited March 2013
    If you watched through the entire video, you realize that these matches compete for hundreds of thousands or even a million dollars. This kind of... passion comes when the reward is so great and it all comes down to one match.

You don't see pro atlethes pointing to their yunk and spewing profanities at each other when competing in the olympics do you?

Passion does not exclude grace.
  • FrankerZFrankerZ Join Date: 2012-05-06 Member: 151627Members
    lol it made me wanna watch more cod matches. We,re not exactly the classy or older crowd that the Olympics attract. multiplayer gamers are the only crowd for esport and we've grown completely insensitive to swearing. So lets treat ourselves with some delicious drama and no censorship.
  • Chris0132Chris0132 Join Date: 2009-07-25 Member: 68262Members
    FrankerZ wrote: »
    lol it made me wanna watch more cod matches. We,re not exactly the classy or older crowd that the Olympics attract. multiplayer gamers are the only crowd for esport and we've grown completely insensitive to swearing. So lets treat ourselves with some delicious drama and no censorship.

Speak for yourself.
  • FrothybeverageFrothybeverage Join Date: 2003-02-15 Member: 13593Members
    Neoken wrote: »

You don't see pro atlethes pointing to their yunk and spewing profanities at each other when competing in the olympics do you?

Passion does not exclude grace.
    The Olympics isn't pro athletes.

In professional sports you see things like people sucker punching each other, or biting each other.
    Oh, and doing steroids.

• BoBiNoUBoBiNoU Join Date: 2007-12-27 Member: 63274Members
    I wish esl stages could look like this

:D