Alien vision still screwed up

GorgenapperGorgenapper Join Date: 2012-09-05 Member: 157916Members, Reinforced - Shadow
To recap: When you turn on alien vision, your team mates, your team structures, marines and their structures (except power nodes and cysts) are not orange. They're still the same shade as the backgrounds. I believe this is a known issue, and isn't fixed by deleting the shaders and letting them recompile.

Is it still being looked at? Thanks...

Comments

• Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I believe this is a mod issue, disable (maybe even delete) all your mods, verify, and see if it still persists?
  • current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    I reopened my bug report and added this link to the report. And by deleting the shaders I assume you mean you deleted your cache folder in %appdata%?
  • GorgenapperGorgenapper Join Date: 2012-09-05 Member: 157916Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    I believe this is a mod issue, disable (maybe even delete) all your mods, verify, and see if it still persists?

I've tried this before. I'll disable everything and see how it goes. Strange thing is, alien vision works okay on certain servers (TBGClan servers worked last time I checked), but not on servers like KKG, National Gaming, etc. Strong indication of a mod issue?
    current1y wrote: »
    I reopened my bug report and added this link to the report. And by deleting the shaders I assume you mean you deleted your cache folder in %appdata%?

Yes, that's the one.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Try not to just disable, but unsubscribe and then after, delete your entire "workshop" folder in your hidden %appdata%\Natural Selection 2\ Folder.

Then see if it persists, as this was fixing it for people previously.
  • GorgenapperGorgenapper Join Date: 2012-09-05 Member: 157916Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    IronHorse wrote: »
    Try not to just disable, but unsubscribe and then after, delete your entire "workshop" folder in your hidden %appdata%\Natural Selection 2\ Folder.

Then see if it persists, as this was fixing it for people previously.

I'm happy to report that this worked for me. However, I remember doing this back in 239 and it failed to work at the time... not sure why. The only mods I had then and now were:

- pewpew's motion tracking circles
    - gorge heart heal spray
    - colored player icons on the minimap/map
    - spitfire skin for the pistol
    - combat mod and maps (auto downloaded for me)
  • current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    What servers do you play on? I was in a server this weekend where we experienced this bug. Literally the only thing that glowed was power nodes. Marines were little green army men running around..it was quite funny. They had to restart the server several times to get it to function properly.
    current1y wrote: »
    What servers do you play on? I was in a server this weekend where we experienced this bug. Literally the only thing that glowed was power nodes. Marines were little green army men running around..it was quite funny. They had to restart the server several times to get it to function properly.

KKG Servers
    TBGClan Servers (alien vision worked here before I got rid of the mods)
    National Gaming
    Slaughterhouse Dallas
    A combat server whose name I cannot remember right now (has the #6 in it)

Basically 24p servers, and occasionally 20p servers.
  • kombinekombine Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164671Members
    As an admin of the National Gaming servers, we don't have too many mods running server-side at the moment, I believe we have the DAK mod, auto-balance, and reserved slotting.
    I can't say I've personally encountered this issue, and I run A LOT of mods at times, including but not limited to
    - pewpew's motion tracking circles
    - gorge heart heal spray
    - colored player icons on the minimap/map
    additionally, I have several skin packs, and even had an alien vision modifier to remove the green tint, but keep the glow, however due to server-side on NG servers, its blocked regardless.
  • SavantSavant Join Date: 2002-11-30 Member: 10289Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    IronHorse wrote: »
    ^^This. I actually make a habit of deleting that folder every time a new build drops. I'll disable any mods I have from in-game, then I delete the folder. Yeah they'll get re-downloaded, but they won't be active. I sometimes wish I could have the choice on what mods to allow to be installed, since despite only using one crosshair mod I usually end up with a dozen mod directories in my workshop folder.