Server browser graphical issues...

SavantSavant Join Date: 2002-11-30 Member: 10289Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
I have an odd issue, nothing game breaking, but nevertheless a nuisance. When I load the game, and click PLAY from the main menu, the server browser screen is slightly corrupted. Yet if I do it from inside a game it doesn't happen. It's hard to explain, so I have screen caps.

Look at image #1. That's a screencap from INSIDE a game, by hitting ESC and then clicking on PLAY. It shows up as normal. Note the top of the server browser ABOVE where the servers are listed. Now look at image #2. This is a screencap from the MAIN MENU. You'll see that the third line at the top is missing - the line that has the 'passworded' checkbox. Also of note is that the 'favorites' checkbox is now in a weird spot, and there is no number in the top right corner that shows how many servers are being scanned.

I can't figure out why it does this in one place and not in the other. In any case, if you want any particular specs or such, let me know. I'm running at 1680x1050, on an ATI Radeon 5850 HD. No problems otherwise, just this.

Comments

• SavantSavant Join Date: 2002-11-30 Member: 10289Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    I found more menu corruption. When I load the game if I go into the AUDIO tab from the main menu (via options), the input/output dropdown boxes aren't there. If I open the menu from within a game they are. I can provide more screencaps if needed.
  • SavantSavant Join Date: 2002-11-30 Member: 10289Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    A new build and more video corruption. I'm getting this on the main menu. I went and deleted my cache, no improvement. And I am still getting the server browser issues that I reported further above.
    I totally stripped/uninstalled the game and then reinstalled. Main menu was fine before playing a game, but after playing a game my main menu is corrupted and my server browser and such is too.