Great job on the new content!

CiroCiro Join Date: 2013-01-09 Member: 178392Members
Added
•Railgun Exosuit now available at Prototype Lab. Explodes things.
•Gorges may now spawn Babbler eggs, which hatch into Babblers!
•Gorges may now create Gorge Tunnels
•Bait Balls – Direct babblers by flinging it at enemies of friendlies
•New map: Descent
•New contextual help system, ‘TipVids.’
•Insight Spectator System Mk 2 – Redesign and interface overhaul.
•First Person Spectating
•Damage decals
•Reflections
•Refraction effects
•New alien cloaking effects
•New main menu background scene

It all looks great. I really like the new reflections, cloaking effects and Gorge Tunnels. I'm really surprised how well Gorge Tunnels work. It looks like it'll be a fun ability for a long time.

The Descent map is beautiful, with a bit of eeriness.

Did something change to make the fans work on maps? Combined with the lighting effects and shadows, it's really enhanced every map.

Comments

• SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I actually did a double take when I saw the cloaking effect. Coolest effect I've seen in a long time. It's very otherworldly and makes me feel uneasy.
  • AndinagamaAndinagama Join Date: 2012-12-23 Member: 176019Members
    Agreed on the new content, overall a step in the right direction (marines are more fun to play now, and aliens are more difficult, which is good too.) I haven't tried the railgun exos yet but those who have seem to enjoy them.

Descent indeed has very trippy visuals. In my country's only full server, last night we all discussed the new map for 20 mintues and no-one wanted to comm, which was cool because the new content actually got us discussing good strategy.

I agree that cloaking is now a little more immersive.

• xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Railgun exo is so much awesome. I'm fisting hive with one hand, while railing with the other, rail hits hive, harvester and skulks that are coming for me. I wish there was dual rail exo, so I could do double penetration.
  • SeeVeeSeeVee Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165206Members
    xen32 that just sounds nasty!!! AHAHAHA!

On a serious note. I love the new changes and the game is getting much closer to where it needs to be. New alien camouflage is awesome. It works like it really should and is still very effective. Most alien fan-peeps don't like it because they have to work now. All I have to say to that is, sorry you can't watch TV, eat dinner and play NS2 as an alien anymore... time to focus and think about what you are doing :)