Poll: What do you feel is most important

2»

Comments

• SopsSops Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17894Members, Constellation
    Improving the menu and server browser would be pretty welcome.
  • BLACKSasquatchBLACKSasquatch Join Date: 2013-03-04 Member: 183675Members
    A linux port would be awesome, I'm getting the same performance on Linux using an emulator as I am on windows natively
  • 0ni0ni Join Date: 2012-08-30 Member: 156991Members
    Wheeee wrote: »
    performance, then mac/linux cause those guys have been waiting a long time.

Wow, really? A non selfish windows user? Most of the time people actively protest us getting any attention.

Yes I've been waiting forever. I originally bought the game because they said they were building it from the ground up to be easy to port to Linux/mac and intended to do so.

I also don't see peoples complaints about performance. Game runs fine, 60 frames always and more if I turn Vsync, ambient occlusion and antialiasing off. Runs a bit faster on Linux under wine but I just can't figure out how to get that flicker to go away.

Out of curiosity, if 60fps is not fast enough what is it that everyone expects?
  • Angry ChildAngry Child Join Date: 2012-12-05 Member: 174256Members
    This game needs new content and better performance, I know its pretty bad to begin with since were using LUA instead of something more suitable for this type of game, but I think the priority should be to get more stuff, to attract more players and keep the life blood of the game flowing, and then improving performance to keep those new and old players alike toward enjoying this game.
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    Ohnojojo wrote: »
    2) They're constantly working on performance but it could be better (my vote)
    3) Game could be balanced a bit better to allow for more fun and while overall balance is good, balance on individual maps can be refined but balance will always be changing as new patches come out.

2 options :
    -You are kidding (right?!)
    -You have a uber Top Of The Line PC with a nuclear power plan on the side and you can't see the différence.
  • IronsoulIronsoul Join Date: 2011-03-12 Member: 86048Members
    The problem with this poll is it's limited to whatever the original poster was thinking of when he set the options. Even if he could add more options later, not enough people would go back to "change" their answers.

So I vote for performance. I don't mean frames per second, I mean the responsiveness feel of the game, I couldn't care less if I was getting 25fps as long as it's reactive and responsive. As it is I get 80fps most of the time and even that feels not enough, so there must be something else wrong.

As for what I REALLY care about, not balancing the game, making the game fun/enjoyable is what I care about. Being balanced does not make something fun. e.g. Coin toss game, flip a coin, 50% chance of winning, 50% chance of losing, perfectly balanced... not exactly fun.
  • Metal HandkerchiefMetal Handkerchief Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168697Members
    Definitely balance, it's murderously skewed in favour of Marines now. IMO they should do an emergency roll-back, it's never been this lopsided. I don't have any performance issues (Intel 3570K @ 5.1 ghz) and content was just added, so.

The second most important would be to make the Lerk as fast as it used to be now that Marines have their precious hit reg fixed.
  • rmbrown09rmbrown09 Join Date: 2012-10-17 Member: 162592Members
    Definitely balance, it's murderously skewed in favour of Marines now. IMO they should do an emergency roll-back, it's never been this lopsided. I don't have any performance issues (Intel 3570K @ 5.1 ghz) and content was just added, so.

The second most important would be to make the Lerk as fast as it used to be now that Marines have their precious hit reg fixed.

For anyone actually wondering the game according to NS2 stats is more balanced now than ever. 54% winning ratio for the marines.
  • briatxbriatx Join Date: 2013-01-18 Member: 180352Members
    edited March 2013
    Definitely balance, it's murderously skewed in favour of Marines now. IMO they should do an emergency roll-back, it's never been this lopsided.

Not really.

The balance may be tilted towards marines now some, but it is nothing like 238-239 aliens. Most of the stats I've seen imply a pretty even split now.
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    Definitely balance, it's murderously skewed in favour of Marines now. IMO they should do an emergency roll-back, it's never been this lopsided.
    If by "murderously skewed in favor of Marines" you really mean to say that essentially the win rate is currently pretty much 50/50, well, then you would be quite correct in your assessments. Because:

Out of 28,000 games
    Aliens: 50.66%
    Marines: 49.34%