Audio Options and Problem in New Build

Apreche2Apreche2 Join Date: 2012-08-06 Member: 154849Members
I do really like the audio options in the new build. A lot of games don't do that properly, and you have to exit the game to choose different input/output devices in Windows instead of being able to do it in-game.

However, I have one issue. I am one of those people with microphone and headphone jacks on the front of my case. The computer automatically switches the audio device from speakers to headphones when I plug the headphones in. For example, I can do this while a YouTube video is playing, and it works perfectly.

With games I usually have to plug in the headphones before launching the game. This will make the game use headphones. If I forget to plug them in, then I have to exit the game, plug the headphones in and restart the game. The new changes to NS2 solve this problem.

The problem that the new NS2 build causes is that I now MUST manually select the output device. I have to go to the options menu every time I start NS2 to select the headphones or speakers if the wrong one is selected. What we really need is for NS2 to use speakers, and it should automatically switch to headphones if I plug them in. It would be even more amazing if it automatically switched back to speakers if I unplugged the headphones. Almost no game supports this properly, not even Counter-Strike.