Structures block Cyst chains

CrushaKCrushaK Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167195Members, NS2 Playtester
It seems like structures are consider to be blocking in a cyst chain's pathfinding calculations.

For instance did I place a cyst on the left end of the bridge in Docking that leads from Locker Room to Courtyard and another cyst on the other end.
Then I put a Shade in the center of the bridge between the cysts. After the cyst on the right got destroyed, I was no longer able to place another one in that location because the path over the bridge was blocked by the Shade. And since aliens can't even get rid of their buildings like marines do, it is easily possible to have your expansion plans completely screwed over by the game because you simply can't use a specific corridor to expand to a specific location.

Comments

• jeffcojeffco Join Date: 2011-02-14 Member: 81785Members
    edited November 2012
    The pathing issue affects drifters as well. For example, in data core on ns2_summit it is quite easy to enclose the drifter spawn locations so that a drifter cannot be ordered to move anywhere.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    This is intentional. Structures will block your drifters, by design, just fyi.
    I feel your pain tho