For New Skulk Players (Steam users)

SpaceJewSpaceJew Join Date: 2012-09-03 Member: 157584Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Mod Suggestion</div>I just wanted to tell people that are having problems with Skulking that you can download a few different custom crosshairs from the Steam Workshop that will enable a cross hair for all aliens melee attacks. This will help you out a lot when you just start out as a skulk, or even when you go Fade or Lerk. It makes it a lot easier to hit dead center for max damage as aliens. These should honestly be in the game by default, but apparently that broke immersion or something.

Just thought I would share.

Comments

• SmellyPantsSmellyPants Join Date: 2012-11-04 Member: 166704Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2019983:date=Nov 11 2012, 01:03 PM:name=SpaceJew)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SpaceJew @ Nov 11 2012, 01:03 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2019983"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I just wanted to tell people that are having problems with Skulking that you can download a few different custom crosshairs from the Steam Workshop that will enable a cross hair for all aliens melee attacks. This will help you out a lot when you just start out as a skulk, or even when you go Fade or Lerk. It makes it a lot easier to hit dead center for max damage as aliens. These should honestly be in the game by default, but apparently that broke immersion or something.

Just thought I would share.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Worth noting that some servers do not allow these type of mods.
  • RautapalliRautapalli Join Date: 2010-07-23 Member: 72710Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2020007:date=Nov 11 2012, 10:35 PM:name=SmellyPants)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SmellyPants @ Nov 11 2012, 10:35 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2020007"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Worth noting that some servers do not allow these type of mods.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I have a custom crosshair that also works for melee and it has worked on every single server I've played so far, even the official ones. Whatever file is modified doesn't seem to be consistency checked at all.
  • swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    Crosshairs are not blocked by consistency checking.
  • PaajtorPaajtor Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168634Members
    neither does a transparant map mod I use, I guess.
    works great.
  • SpaceJewSpaceJew Join Date: 2012-09-03 Member: 157584Members
    Yep, I thought at first it might be blocked on offical servers but it turns out that's a seperate bug. I wondered since it worked on official servers up until release, which I found odd.