Reduce the Resource Cost of Alien Lifeforms.

AnsomAnsom Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166364Members
edited November 2012 in Ideas and Suggestions
Nerf Onos to compensate. He's already more powerful than his NS1 counter-part and arguably better than Exos. I honestly don't see the problem with free Gorge. It's not like massing him would make much of a difference. You going to just heal a bunch of other Gorges? Additionally, you can already accomplish mass Clog and Hydra setups/expansions now anyway before switching back to Skulk. So, what would be the problem? It would just be another <i>tiny</i> step toward making him more of an option. If any consequences are unseen, just keep him 10 and reduce all the others.

<ul><li>00 <b>Skulk</b></li><li>00 <b>Gorge</b></li><li>15 <b>Lerk</b></li><li>30 <b>Fade</b></li><li>60 <b>Onos</b></li></ul>

I don't see any other way of reducing the costs that is sensible, if reduction at all is something to consider to help the Aliens out. If the Lerk is 10 resources, then everyone can immediately rush them from game start, which would be a bit of a ###### for Marines, no? Yet, if it's 20 resources, then the Fade can either be 30 or 40. If it's 30, then you crush the incentive to play Lerk. Just save up 10 more res for Fade. Yet, if it's 40, how is that enough of a change from 50? I reduced Onos because I like patterns, but it's probably not necessary, even though I think Onos needs a nerf <i>anyway</i> and reducing his costs would be a positive to the negative.

Comments

• JeehaoJeehao Join Date: 2012-11-08 Member: 168294Members
    edited November 2012
    Everything that a Marine can buy cost resources, Just look at it this way:

Skulk = Assault rifle
    Nothing that need to be explained here, They are both FREE .. ;)

Gorge = Welder/Jetpack/Mines?
    Why should Aliens have free healers/welders that can heal everything?

Lerk = Shotgun/Flamethrower/Grenadelauncher
    Lerks can fly alround really fast, Marines can't do that without buying a Jetpack and if they want both a Jetpack and new weapon then they will have almost the same cost as a Lerk,

Fade = ExoSkeleton
    Fades have mobility, Skeletons don't..
    Skeletons have burst, Fades don't

Onos = ExoSkeleton with dual miniguns
    Onos are really strong, ExoSkeletons is also a really strong unit..

Making Gorges free would be weird, Because Marines get nothing new for free.

Help the team to get more resource points and you will get more resources for better evolves.

And the Onos is not that overpowered, Just get Jetpacks and learn how to use it and the Onos will become useless when you kill them really easy from the air. Onos is just scary when they are in your face.. At long range they can do nothing at all, They are just a LARGE target that you can nuke down really fast if you aim your shots..

If they nerf Onos then the unit will become a total useless unit, it already is a pretty useless large unit as it is..

I have played onos against jetpack marines many times, There is nothing you can do to survive other than try to run away, Because the Jetpacker will probably kill you, It is just a matter of time. If the jetpacker know hows to play then you will never catch him as a onos..

If you want to reduce cost for every alien unit, Then they will always win if they get the most resource points because they will always afford units with sick skills, Skulks are fully capable of doing some serious damage if you know how to move alround, So why can't you just play as Skulk until you get resources enough to evolve? You can also ask the Commander to give you something if the team have much resources.