Server browser - recent servers played on

SjNSjN Join Date: 2003-01-07 Member: 11983Members, Reinforced - Supporter
It happens all the time; I connect to a new server, I meet some new players and I basically have a lot of fun playing there, then either the server crashes or the client crashes, after that there's no way for me to return to the server and continue having fun with the people I already gotten to know. Instead I have go back to the server browser and connect to a new server.

It would be nice if in the server browser was a tab called "Recent servers" to display the list of servers that I recently played on so I could easily return to the server I got disconnected from.

Comments

• SixPairsOfFeetSixPairsOfFeet Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146689Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I would like that, too. Especially since i accidentally alt-tab often, which makes the game crash 9 times out of 10. (microphone activation on alt, player scoreboard on tab ... i'm a gosh darn genius).
  • tsuranotsurano Join Date: 2012-08-28 Member: 156727Members
    I signed in to suggest the same thing. I would love to be able to add servers to a list of favorites so I can connect to them again. TF2 does it pretty well.
  • SixPairsOfFeetSixPairsOfFeet Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146689Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    well, the basic functionality is already there, you just click the little star next to it and you can "filter favorite". It's just not easily possible to mark the server you're currently on (or were recently on) as a favorite.
  • SjNSjN Join Date: 2003-01-07 Member: 11983Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Yes, the favorites feature already exists. Although the favorite feature is a little useless at this moment because it only allows you to favorite the server BEFORE you get to play on it. I'd like to be able to favorite the server while I am playing on it.

But what I am suggesting in my original post is something different though. The recent servers section on the server browser would automatically flag all the servers you played on so you could easily return to the server after the client or server crashed, or perhaps you just had to leave in a rush but you'd like to return to the server when you wanna play again.
  • maD maXmaD maX Join Date: 2010-01-28 Member: 70347Members
    +1

A simple consul command like "star current". Or "favorite current". Seems reasonable. Your client saves it favorite servers somewhere on your computer and it knows what server your on... But Im sure I'm over simplifying it a bit