Random game freezes, other stuff

RadiocageRadiocage Join Date: 2002-09-30 Member: 1381Members
So far, patch 224 has been awesome, but a couple of new things cropped up for me.

1.) Randomly, while playing either marine or alien, if I switch weapons/abilities, the game will decide to switch back. It's not my mouse wheel, which I suspected it was (it doesn't happen any other than than when I switch weapons.) It doesn't happen often, maybe once every few lives, but it happens enough that when I'm playing Lerk or Skulk, I've used the wrong ability and died because of it. Especially Lerk, because it is easy to miss when you switch from spores to spikes without intending to.

2.) Sporadically, I get a hard freeze in game. Maybe once or twice per map. When this happens, a message stating some assets couldn't be found, such as a texture. I notice no missing assets, of course. I play with texture streaming off, as well. I've scanned my PC for malware using a variety of tools, and it is clean. I run a pretty new Windows 7 installation (NS2 was the third thing I downloaded.) Otherwise, my performance is very nice, between 60-100 FPS at 1920x1080 with everything on high. Changing my settings do nothing to alter this bug.

3.) If the map changes while I'm voice chatting, my name will show up on the next map as if I am voice chatting. Pressing the voice chat key will remedy this issue, so it isn't a big deal.

I will attempt to get a screen shot/video of the bugs occurring, but I'm not sure my rig can handle fraps and NS2 at the same time. It may have to be screen shots.

Comments

• WhosatWhosat Singapore Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58301Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    1) Happens when the server could not process your weapon switch. Could happen because the server is not powerful enough (usually during intense battles or late-game when there are loads of entities) or your ping is too high.

2) Sounds like a RAM issue. You got enough RAM?