The Lack Of A Mute Function

ZifZif Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7692Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Don't know if this has been discussed...</div> It could have been just a glitch in the game, but my mute function didn't work. And I <i>really</i> wanted to mute this one guy.
His name was the default, NSPlayer, and he talked <i>inceseantly</i>. It was constant "What's going on? Where am I? How do I attack? What are we supposed to do? Where are you going?"
I couldn't stand it.
I can understand a newbie to NS being a little bewildered, but I simply cannot believe this guy was for real.
I honestly believe he was joking around, getting all these people to try to help him out. If he was new to HL in general I might understand, but he claims he played CS a lot. It was like he was purposely <i>trying</i> very hard to be the stereotypical twitch-and-click FPS player.
So while other people were being suckered by him, it was annoying the pants off of me. <i>And I couldn't mute him.</i>

Now, I can kind of see why they might take it out of NS. You need to be able to hear and read what your teammates (and commander!) have to say. Well... You should always be able to read what they say, but when you have to hear them whine over and over again it makes you want to scream.
I'm wondering if maybe a mute function can be put back in but only so that it mutes voice, not text.