No Friendly Fire Causes Unfair Advantage

2»

Comments

• twincannontwincannon Join Date: 2011-06-14 Member: 104459Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1975716:date=Sep 11 2012, 11:17 AM:name=_Necro_)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (_Necro_ @ Sep 11 2012, 11:17 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1975716"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Does it? Grenade spam is an ongoing issue. It is cheap and needs no skill. I think, seeing the grenades disappear in a blue light (if they are near a fellow marine), isn't that difficult to understand.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I can't even remember the last time grenade spam has been an issue in a game I've been in, hell I can't even remember the last time I've seen it researched honestly, the weapon isn't even worth the res to research it anymore.

I've never played NS with FF on, and I hope I never have to. Sounds awful.
  • ChronibisChronibis Join Date: 2012-08-26 Member: 156498Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1975276:date=Sep 10 2012, 04:18 PM:name=Dusk)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dusk @ Sep 10 2012, 04:18 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1975276"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Make it so if something gets damaged it can't be welded for 3 seconds. If an exo takes a hit it can't be repaired for 3 seconds. Hell even 1 second would probably do the trick especially since bilebomb lasts for a few seconds.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Something like that is probably the best solution. Or if you could manage FF damage on certain weapons and not others. I definitely think skulks shouldn't be able to bite teammates.
  • swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    1) Remove vortex, because it's nearly useless as a 3rd hive ability.
    2) Add acid rocket.
  • CLARK_KENTCLARK_KENT Vancouver, Canada Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9508Members, Reinforced - Silver
    edited September 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1975139:date=Sep 10 2012, 12:25 PM:name=Chronibis)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chronibis @ Sep 10 2012, 12:25 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1975139"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Too often now I am seeing the marines use this tactic and its just ridiculous, get a bunch of exos, get a bunch of marines welding them, and then spam grenades at the exos. There really doesn't seem to be a way to counter this as an alien<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo(post=1975164:date=Sep 10 2012, 12:54 PM:name=Chronibis)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chronibis @ Sep 10 2012, 12:54 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1975164"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Marines can tech up to EXO faster than aliens get 3 hives, let alone, umbra and vortex. And with multiple welding marines, the EXOs are almost impossible to take down with bile bomb. Easy solution to team killing, punishment. Warning after 1 TK, kick after 2 or 3. Many games work fine this way. I shouldn't be able to nade my own team constantly and only kill aliens.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The best counter is to slow down your opponent's growth/progress/tech relative to yours. Seconds can and do matter.

The game is still new (and with constant changes, it really does change strats a little every time), and with the new influx of newer players, it can make things worse as they react much slower to what is needed due to lack of experience/game play (hell, I keep forgetting that scans take res now, when I could have upgraded something a little faster with that res). Time matters because all tech takes time to research.

But what I do know is that at the core, the thing that has not changed is the importance of resources (relative to your opponent), especially early game. This game is highly dependent on that (it's not the be-all-end-all, but it has a high correlation with intended outcomes). Real life wars were heavily dependent on similar situations (e.g. Taking out bridges to kill of resupplies). Either build resources faster than the other team, or take out enemy resources faster than the other team takes yours out... or keep the balance tipping on your side as much as possible... and the thing is, it's all relative... it doesn't mean you have all the nodes on the map.

One aggressive tactic that was used regularly in NS1 was to go gorge hunting right at the start of the game before they can drop their first resource tower. That definitely slowed down growth, and tipped the chances of success in your favor. In this vain, I've been playing around with sending a person down to starting alien hive to disrupt the cyst chain to slow down an alien harvester drop (really easy and fast to do, and can help delay alien res a little) and/or take out a harvester early.

I guess in short, I see a lot of games where aliens just aren't taking out marine res, especially early game when it matters a bit more (I know it's so boring to just sit there and chomp on them). And then everyone is so surprised to see exos... that part makes me chuckle. :p Haha.