Choppy mouse movement

aimfortheheadaimforthehead Join Date: 2010-07-27 Member: 73200Members
I was wondering if there were any fixed to this problem.
When I look around the mouse movement is relatively choppy even at stable framerates, it has to do with mouse smoothness.
Also, the game seems to take FPS dips at certain areas of gameplay, nothing game breaking but it does seem to drop in the 30-40's and I was wondering if we should continue to expect much more optimizations for this? Neither of these issues seem to be affected by resolution or graphic settings, oddly enough.
i7 2600
8 GB ram

Comments

• SopsSops Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17894Members, Constellation
    For the choppy mouse movement, try reducing sensitivity.
  • aimfortheheadaimforthehead Join Date: 2010-07-27 Member: 73200Members
    I did, it seems to help a little but not much. I Think all it does it make it less noticeable.
  • FlipperFlipper Join Date: 2012-08-08 Member: 155120Members
    Raw input, low sensitivity
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Throw a vid up on youtube if its really that noticeable.. but yea try messing with raw input and whatnot first. also ensure vsync is disabled.
    OH and ambient occlusion is not fully optimized so it creates a bit of mouse lag currently, so disable that for troubleshooting
  • aimfortheheadaimforthehead Join Date: 2010-07-27 Member: 73200Members
    So far the smoothest setup I have is:
    vsync = on
    raw mouse input = on
    mouse acceleration = on (about 1/4 speed)

In spite of that it is still relatively choppy and I will work on posting a video soon (any recommended programs?)

with vsync off the choppiness is still there but everything looks so much worse because of screen tearing.
  • G1RG1R Join Date: 2012-08-23 Member: 156275Members
    Well, an option to cap FPS would also help, cuz untable fps often lead to an unsmooth mouse-movement. I also noticed it...
  • MangoManMangoMan Join Date: 2003-12-28 Member: 24813Members
    I have also noticed my mouse movement is just weird and not the same as has been in the past. I'll try playing with some of the options being mentioned.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    a good program is fraps.
    record in 60 fps at your in game resolution.
    then after you record the most obvious example, convert the video using a free converter called "Handbrake" thats awesome and fast..
    then upload said HD file to youtube for us to see.

please enable r_stats and net_stats when you do this so we can see everything.

thanks