Macs

CabooseFoxCabooseFox Join Date: 2012-05-12 Member: 151970Members
I woke up early this morning to find 217 released and before I went off to my classes I decided to try out the new build. I joined a game on the aliens side with a little under 7 minutes into the game to find the marines just sitting in their spawn waiting for exos. Ok understood they are new and every1 wants them. But what confused me was how the marines got so many of them on 3 res nodes. We had every other res nodes but their 3 bases that they had and they still got Exos before we even got fades. The exos then dominated us with about 5 macs per exo surrounding them so that we could barely get in to attack them. However, I have got to say fighting an exo as an onos...FUN AS HELL. Especially ganging up on 1 exo as 2 onii. Really fun really cool gameplay. However, this build is a bit....too balanced. We continued into the game losing a base here taking a base here and pretty much just sitting in our territories waiting for the res to attack. The game stretched on for so long that I had to quickly leave before I was late, with the game still not even close to an end in sight. My suggestion to fix the Mac problem is to put a limit on how many macs you can have maybe set it per command station or just a hard limit, but they are wayy to exploitable in this build. However, I have no clue how to fix the balance (issue?) I'll have to play a few more games to learn more.

Comments

• Laosh'RaLaosh'Ra Join Date: 2011-12-09 Member: 137232Members
    there used to be a limit (6?) and i dont remember that they removed it (not sure about this though). other than that, i guess bile bomb could help out.
  • mushookeesmushookees Join Date: 2008-03-26 Member: 63967Members
    macs need to be looked at

today i found 5 macs that had just built a rt ... the comm was obviously not paying attention to them so i started chomping on them .... they autorepaired each other and i couldnt destroy any of them lol

how much do they actually heal ? if its more than a marine with a welder then that doesnt seem right
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    The Devs are hard at work whit balacing the macs and is a hot topic amongst the playtesters.