Extreme Lag Whenever I Connect

BloodUndIronBloodUndIron Join Date: 2012-02-28 Member: 147700Members
Whenever I connect to any multiplayer game at all, my ping skyrockets to 999-ish and stays there. The game is impossible to play. I have added the game to the exceptions on the firewall, ran the .exe directly, ran it in admin mode, and everything that was listed in the Troubleshooting sticky.

In other games, I get a very low ping due to my fast internet. I'm kind of at my wit's end here, as I've spent 35 bucks on this game.

Comments

• Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1908045:date=Feb 29 2012, 02:44 AM:name=BloodUndIron)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BloodUndIron @ Feb 29 2012, 02:44 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1908045"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Whenever I connect to any multiplayer game at all, my ping skyrockets to 999-ish and stays there. The game is impossible to play. I have added the game to the exceptions on the firewall, ran the .exe directly, ran it in admin mode, and everything that was listed in the Troubleshooting sticky.

In other games, I get a very low ping due to my fast internet. I'm kind of at my wit's end here, as I've spent 35 bucks on this game.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

First of all, this is a misread and inaccurate ping response.

Secondly, this is a in-development beta, not an EA "demo but we'll call it beta".

You are in essence playing a development only build that would never be seen by normal gamers, so please be understanding there are a number of issues that are being addressed in an on-going nature. Optimization and network traffic improvement are things that are part if the constant development of this beta, so problems will be fixed and re-surface at various times.

It is our job as Beta testers to provide the devs with good useful feedback on any issues we have, through the Get Satisfaction system.

I hope you enjoy the game and I look forward to playing you online :)
  • NurEinMenschNurEinMensch Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14056Members, Constellation
    Could this be related to a bad router? I remember there were people having problems that were fixed with a different router. For some reason NS2 seems to be taxing them.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Mind posting your computer specs and router/modem?