Doors!

ChronosXVIIChronosXVII Join Date: 2002-11-14 Member: 8614Members
How do I get a picture to fit in the place I want it? for example when I pic the door picture and I want it to fill up a certain amount of space, it shows the picture as liek 4 doors. when all i really want is 1 big one

Comments

• MifzorMifzor Join Date: 2002-11-16 Member: 8880Members
    I'm a bit confused, but I think I understand.

If your saying that the texture is too small for the given space and you want to enlarge the scale, you could press the "fit" button in the texture panel while selecting the wanted face.

If your saying the texture itself has 4 doors on each "tile," then you just need to increase the scale in the texture panel of the given face so that it fits.

Hope that helps.
  • BiTMAPBiTMAP Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7685Members
    and if your door texture is tiled 4 times chances are that your door "brush" (the shape that things are made out of in HL levels) is too big... meaning your level will be to big.
  • MifzorMifzor Join Date: 2002-11-16 Member: 8880Members
    Yah, judging by normal door texture standards, that door your making must be in the 512x512+ range..
  • ChromeAngelChromeAngel Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 14Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    Select the face you want the texture to fit. In the "face properties" toolbar click the Fit button, this will scale tlhe texture to fit the face. As BiTMAP said textures are generally made at the scale there are intened to be used...