Refund

2»

Comments

• playerplayer Join Date: 2010-09-12 Member: 73982Members
    An E8400 @ 3.8GHz is not poor, regardless of the old Radeon you have there. it's the CPU that mostly dictates the FPS currently, and yours gets around.
  • konatakonata Join Date: 2011-08-24 Member: 118296Members
    Right now the software is not written as well as the hardware, that's why different people have different experiences on the same spec machine
  • swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited December 2011
    It is definitly not your specs holding your performance back.
    It's the game, bear with it a little longer and you will see that it gets better over the time of development.
    I have played all the builds of NS2, and have noticed the performance gains.
    The huge ones usually don't come with every patch, but once in a while they make some big leaps on performance.
    Also, make sure you join a server that can handle the game!
    And make sure the server is running well before you judge the game.
    To do this, type;
    net_stats
    In the console.
    Look for server rate, it should be around 30, but dropping to 20~25 is considered normal for the current version of the game.
    The server rate affects your FPS, so if you're not getting any more than 10-15 updates from the server, your FPS will be somewhere around that.
    r_stats
    Displays your FPS.
    These are the servers I recommend to play on, depending on area;
    HBZ (Europe)
    Inversion (USA)
    Pure-Aus (Austrailia)
    They all have some insane hardware, and handles the game pretty well compared to it's state.

<!--quoteo(post=1889673:date=Dec 11 2011, 12:50 AM:name=Simple)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Simple @ Dec 11 2011, 12:50 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1889673"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Wow I've sent emails and even posted on forums for over a week for a refund and haven't got anything back ":/<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    They have a game to work on, and doesn't have the time to check the forums all the time.
    If you e-mail them, you should get an awnser on one of their workdays. Obviously not weekends.
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1889673:date=Dec 10 2011, 11:50 PM:name=Simple)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Simple @ Dec 10 2011, 11:50 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1889673"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Wow I've sent emails and even posted on forums for over a week for a refund and haven't got anything back ":/<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    We only have one person on staff who deals with that, and he's also our technical artist and has had a very large amount of work on his plate lately, for the upcoming 190 patch. So, please have patience and I'm sure he will be able to take care of your refund at some point next week.

--Cory
  • AvalonAvalon Join Date: 2007-03-04 Member: 60224Members
    edited December 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1889690:date=Dec 11 2011, 01:58 AM:name=player)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (player @ Dec 11 2011, 01:58 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1889690"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->An E8400 @ 3.8GHz is not poor, regardless of the old Radeon you have there. it's the CPU that mostly dictates the FPS currently, and yours gets around.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well I never said it was poor, but it was a $500 build from 3 years ago so I'm a bit baffled at all these Core i5/7 rigs with GTX 200+/Radeon 5xxx+ class hardware that are getting half the framerate I'm getting. It's definitely not a speed demon by today's standards, but that's why I overclocked it. Game still runs fine at default 3Ghz speeds, it's just I get a 5-6fps boost from the overclock.

Basically just confused at all the rigs superior to mine getting 15fps, which is why I can't stress enough to check your settings and/or drivers. Your Porsche isn't going to drive well with a flat tire.
  • RebellionEliteRebellionElite Join Date: 2011-07-27 Member: 112530Members
    Honestly is $35 really that much to spend to support an Indy team that provides you early access to an amazing game, that supports there community like they do? I mean I just can't understand asking for a refund, I really wish people would stop being so cheap. If you computer can't run it at the moment, have patience in future builds it will be able to!

Even if my computer wasn't able to run NS2 properly at the moment, I would never ask for a refund. These guys need these pre-orders to continue to work on the game! They and their families have to eat and game development is very expensive and they aren't backed by a major publisher. I for one don't mind spending a little bit of extra cash to give these guys a hand, that is why I bought the black Armour edition even long before there was even mention of the beta being released. I supported these guys back in NS1 (when I was just a kid) as well as when I first heard that NS2 was first becoming a concept and I will support them now and I will continue to do so for as long as they are around, because well... they deserve it dammit!

Keep up the great work guys!
  • stickybootstickyboot Join Date: 2004-01-29 Member: 25711Members, Constellation
    People coming to ask for a refund on a game based on the performance of a beta (at this stage) is really silly. Just stick it out till they announce a release date, then decide based on where they are then. The game is so far from being feature complete at this point its silly to try to judge it like people are.
  • SimpleSimple Join Date: 2011-12-05 Member: 136628Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1889815:date=Dec 11 2011, 02:22 PM:name=RebellionElite)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RebellionElite @ Dec 11 2011, 02:22 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1889815"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Honestly is $35 really that much to spend to support an Indy team that provides you early access to an amazing game, that supports there community like they do? I mean I just can't understand asking for a refund, I really wish people would stop being so cheap. If you computer can't run it at the moment, have patience in future builds it will be able to!

Even if my computer wasn't able to run NS2 properly at the moment, I would never ask for a refund. These guys need these pre-orders to continue to work on the game! They and their families have to eat and game development is very expensive and they aren't backed by a major publisher. I for one don't mind spending a little bit of extra cash to give these guys a hand, that is why I bought the black Armour edition even long before there was even mention of the beta being released. I supported these guys back in NS1 (when I was just a kid) as well as when I first heard that NS2 was first becoming a concept and I will support them now and I will continue to do so for as long as they are around, because well... they deserve it dammit!

Keep up the great work guys!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You Don't understand why people would want a refund on a game they can't play? Ok.
  • FloodinatorFloodinator [HBZ] Member Join Date: 2005-02-22 Member: 42087Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Let them get a refund,they will buy the 1.0 Version for more money, when they see what a great game NS2 has become.
  • ArgathorArgathor Join Date: 2011-07-18 Member: 110942Members, Squad Five Blue
    If someone wants a refund, it is no-one else's business to judge. It is a personal choice.

A mod should close this thread and protect new users from the, sometimes, amazing quality of this community.
  • WombatLOLWombatLOL Join Date: 2011-11-30 Member: 136042Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1889810:date=Dec 11 2011, 02:13 PM:name=Avalon)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Avalon @ Dec 11 2011, 02:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1889810"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Well I never said it was poor, but it was a $500 build from 3 years ago so I'm a bit baffled at all these Core i5/7 rigs with GTX 200+/Radeon 5xxx+ class hardware that are getting half the framerate I'm getting. It's definitely not a speed demon by today's standards, but that's why I overclocked it. Game still runs fine at default 3Ghz speeds, it's just I get a 5-6fps boost from the overclock.

Basically just confused at all the rigs superior to mine getting 15fps, which is why I can't stress enough to check your settings and/or drivers. Your Porsche isn't going to drive well with a flat tire.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well, my e3300 2.0ghz @ 3.0ghz runs this game fairly well imo.... Just usually when the games almost over it starts to lag as there's usually either a lot of turrets or a lot of cysts.