Authenticating timedout

LUSITANERLUSITANER Join Date: 2010-09-19 Member: 74086Members
I need someone to explain me what is this. now when i try to join or CREATE my own server, a window saying this pops-up after a while and doesnt let me play a single thing :(

Comments

• ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Try restarting steam.

This issue happens to me when I crash while joining a server. Restarting steam seems to fix it for me.
  • SkieSkie Skulk Progenitor Join Date: 2003-10-18 Member: 21766Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I had this as well when I crashed and tried to rejoin. Just restarting NS2 once fixed it for me.
  • FloodinatorFloodinator [HBZ] Member Join Date: 2005-02-22 Member: 42087Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2011
    You need to open the ports on your firewall or your server won't connect to steam.
    Just start it with the LAN option enabled.

Other reasons for this message are:

•You are reconnecting to fast after leaving a Server
    •You started NS2 to fast so that Steam couldn't load proper.
    •Steam has it own problems sometimes

Just restart NS2 or Steam.
  • konatakonata Join Date: 2011-08-24 Member: 118296Members
    I normally have to restart NS 3 or 4 times to get on to a server. I've had this problem for over a year on 50MBPS internet.
  • FloodinatorFloodinator [HBZ] Member Join Date: 2005-02-22 Member: 42087Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1879713:date=Oct 13 2011, 05:41 PM:name=konata)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (konata @ Oct 13 2011, 05:41 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1879713"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I normally have to restart NS 3 or 4 times to get on to a server. I've had this problem for over a year on 50MBPS internet.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

With 50kb and 50mb per sec thats not important at all. Not for the ping or the quality of connection you have. You just can down/upload faster.

Do you have this problem on NS2 only? Did you open the ports on you firewall and router? Did you do a fresh reinstall of NS2. Do you run downloads, streams or other things that use the internet and may cause connection problems and packet loss (thats why smaler bandwiths are safer you don't run to much ###### that uses your banwith). Do you always wait 10s after staring steam before you run NS2. Any many other things.
  • LUSITANERLUSITANER Join Date: 2010-09-19 Member: 74086Members
    It was a problem with steam. Its fixed now
    <!--quoteo(post=1879752:date=Oct 13 2011, 08:34 PM:name=Floodinator)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Floodinator @ Oct 13 2011, 08:34 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1879752"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->With 50kb and 50mb per sec thats not important at all. Not for the ping or the quality of connection you have. You just can down/upload faster.

Do you have this problem on NS2 only? Did you open the ports on you firewall and router? Did you do a fresh reinstall of NS2. Do you run downloads, streams or other things that use the internet and may cause connection problems and packet loss (thats why smaler bandwiths are safer you don't run to much ###### that uses your banwith). Do you always wait 10s after staring steam before you run NS2. Any many other things.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I ping around 14-26ms when gaming.

I've always had it and only with NS2. I'm not an idiot at these things, I've done all that basic stuff.
    <!--quoteo(post=1879998:date=Oct 15 2011, 01:45 PM:name=konata)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (konata @ Oct 15 2011, 01:45 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1879998"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I ping around 14-26ms when gaming.

I've always had it and only with NS2. I'm not an idiot at these things, I've done all that basic stuff.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I didn't call you an idiot!
    I was just saying that the info that your game crashes on a 50mb/s connection is like saying the snow gets yellow when I pee on it.

They know about the crashes and you are not alone. Most of the time it is a memory problem.
    It's a memory problem that the game doesn't authenticate when it should? Are you on crack?
    Again stop insulting people!
    Yeah you can't connect sometimes resulting in a autherror when your game crashed and your still "connected" to the disered server.
  • LUSITANERLUSITANER Join Date: 2010-09-19 Member: 74086Members
    It was staem that was offline, but was showing up as if it was connected to the internet. I dont know how the heck i could see the servers, only couldnt join them or create my own. After setting steam to online it fixed