New Forum for organized play

FriekFriek Join Date: 2003-11-06 Member: 22343Members
I know this topic has come up before and I know that there was no real response from the dev's, but it would be nice to have a new forum for competitive play, It would clear out these forums a little bit, and also its nice to not have to search for the 6v6 thread when i want to watch some videos at work :P. Any other thoughts

Comments

• aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Cory posted about a month ago when this last came up.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Honestly, we (the devs) don't have a lot of time to browse through multiple forum sections, so, for the time being it is a lot easier for us to just scan through and respond to posts in the General Discussion section. I imagine we'll be expanding the forums more, especially after release, but for the time being keeping it simpler seems to be working ok.

--Cory<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Probably will eventually, though.
  • YuukiYuuki Join Date: 2010-11-20 Member: 75079Members
    I think it is nonsense, how could a well organized forum take more time to manage than a messy one ?

Furthermore the dev's wouldn't really need to read carefully the organized play section since it's not of primary interest to them.

From the marketing point of view it's also quite bad immo, not helping the community to develop. It's just five clicks in the admin section...
  • MaGicBushMaGicBush Join Date: 2002-12-02 Member: 10378Members
    edited September 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1877414:date=Sep 29 2011, 08:00 AM:name=Yuuki)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Yuuki @ Sep 29 2011, 08:00 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1877414"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I think it is nonsense, how could a well organized forum take more time to manage than a messy one ?

Furthermore the dev's wouldn't really need to read carefully the organized play section since it's not of primary interest to them.

From the marketing point of view it's also quite bad immo, not helping the community to develop. It's just five clicks in the admin section...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Aye it is, I have used ip.board before on my website. Also as you suggested they could basically ignore that section, since it would not have any interest to them while keeping this section clearer for easier browsing.

If they want/need moderation for that section it would also be just as easy to get 1 or 2 community members that volunteer.