NS2 Pug Saturday 5 PM Central

TrueVeritasTrueVeritas Join Date: 2006-10-20 Member: 58082Members
Hello! I realize I posted this in the 6v6 cup thread, but I want to make sure we actually hit the goal of getting 16 players.

In NS1, someone wrote an IRC script along with a server mod that would allow players to opt in (up to 12 players) to play a pug. Once 12 players opted in, it would ask for two captains and then whisper every player a server to join.

Once on the server, captains would take turns picking players, ensuring that teams would be somewhat balanced.

We're going to be running a pug this Saturday at 5 PM CDT on one of the Anagram servers. This is going to be open to any participants that have a decent knowledge of the game and have played at least 20-30 hours. Bonus points if you know me or I've seen you playing: This is to ensure that when we pick teams we can get a decent balance going.

If you're interested in showing up, please add me on <a href="http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197983004975" target="_blank">steam</a>. I've sent an e-mail to NS2HD so it will hopefully get casted. I'm hoping this will become a weekly thing.

Comments

• PersianImm0rtalPersianImm0rtal Join Date: 2010-12-02 Member: 75414Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
    too bad this starts an hour before I get home from work, i would totally be there.
  • QuovatisQuovatis Team Inversion Join Date: 2010-01-26 Member: 70321Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I'll be there. Should be fun.
  • vizioNzvizioNz InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24595Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    be there or be queer.
  • playerplayer Join Date: 2010-09-12 Member: 73982Members
    Are you allowed to have a lower than 3:1 ratio?

On a more serious note, perhaps you should think about creating an IRC-channel for anagram. It seems like a logical step if you already have a webby and server, and allows you to better organize these kinds of pugs.
  • TrueVeritasTrueVeritas Join Date: 2006-10-20 Member: 58082Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1871192:date=Aug 25 2011, 03:21 PM:name=player)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (player @ Aug 25 2011, 03:21 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1871192"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Are you allowed to have a lower than 3:1 ratio?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Haha, can't believe I'm still getting flak for that. If someone seriously can't kill pub skulks they're bad! The 3:1 ratio was an arbitrary number I pulled out of my ass. If someone was good they'd have no problem going 5-1 in pubs :P

I should edit it though to make it sound better.

<!--quoteo(post=1871192:date=Aug 25 2011, 03:21 PM:name=player)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (player @ Aug 25 2011, 03:21 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1871192"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->On a more serious note, perhaps you should think about creating an IRC-channel for anagram. It seems like a logical step if you already have a webby and server, and allows you to better organize these kinds of pugs.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I have a programmer that wants to write a script for NS2 that would serve the same purpose as the NS1 one. Problem is, NS2 doesn't have RCON yet which makes it really difficult :/ We'll see where it goes. The plan is to have a web-irc plugin for the site.
  • playerplayer Join Date: 2010-09-12 Member: 73982Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1871193:date=Aug 25 2011, 10:33 PM:name=TrueVeritas)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TrueVeritas @ Aug 25 2011, 10:33 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1871193"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I have a programmer that wants to write a script for NS2 that would serve the same purpose as the NS1 one. Problem is, NS2 doesn't have RCON yet which makes it really difficult :/ We'll see where it goes. The plan is to have a web-irc plugin for the site.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Ah, I guess this is due to me not writing a proper documentation, but GmOvrmind implements a (Gld)Source-compliant RCon. It's disabled by default and doesn't sport a lot of functionality in it's current incarnation (v10). It's all right there in the config-files. I'll do a fully functional and advanced RCon for the next version as I've seen more people really wanting it.
  • shivshiv Join Date: 2010-04-11 Member: 71341Members, Constellation
    Hopefully there will be less turret spamming in the pug than I've been seeing on the anagram servers lately.
  • SyknikSyknik InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2064Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Password to Pug server is ns2pug hope everyone joins. =)
  • pairdimepairdime Join Date: 2011-03-03 Member: 84403Members
    In one of the rounds, the commander accidentally recycled the command station they were in.

Does anyone know how to reproduce this bug? Normally the recycle button is disabled in this situation.
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Yea, I was comm. I tried to reproduce on a local server but wasn't able to do it. I don't think somebody hopped in but maybe I hit a hotkey at some point that did it. -
  • vizioNzvizioNz InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24595Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    edited August 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1871596:date=Aug 27 2011, 09:02 PM:name=pairdime)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pairdime @ Aug 27 2011, 09:02 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1871596"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->In one of the rounds, the commander accidentally recycled the command station they were in.

Does anyone know how to reproduce this bug? Normally the recycle button is disabled in this situation.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    This happened on the second scrim round we played. Unfortunately NS2HD recorded the incorrect game as we ran into a few bugs/issues/glitches in the second round and the teams were even and much more enjoyable to play/cast. Seeing as Hugh only spent about 20 minutes recording and casting, he kind of recording the boring half.

We need UWE to look into how the only COMM chair can be recycled in the game. I don't know how it happened, but this has happened twice to us recently. Once in 184 and once tonight. I don't think the recycle button should even exist for the command chair your in.