Cup 6v6 for fun

Comments

• HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Well said Smaug. I had a feeling it wasn't a bug - and Cyd's (I will learn how to spell the whole name!) creative play is always welcome on NS2HD.

I mean personally, that game had me on the edge of my seat!
  • WilsonWilson Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 72867Members
    I agree this isn't a bug or an exploit. It's simply an oversight at this point in development and will probably be changed in the future.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1869251:date=Aug 15 2011, 08:42 PM:name=Wilson)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wilson @ Aug 15 2011, 08:42 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1869251"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I agree this isn't a bug or an exploit. It's simply an oversight at this point in development and will probably be changed in the future.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I concur. It would be like calling the fade an exploit because people can go 100/1 in K/D. Its certainly something that should probably be changed, but UWE never said that the shade cloaking shouldn't be used this way. We just assumed that from how it was in NS1. In fact, I could see UWE fixing this simply by reducing the cloak time to something like 5s, rather than making it based on distance from the shade.

I still have to give props to Cyd for coming up with such a clever strat, even though they caught us with our pants down :) Its refreshing to see that NS2 is starting to develop some strategic variety.
  • SyknikSyknik InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2064Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1869287:date=Aug 16 2011, 03:52 AM:name=ScardyBob)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ScardyBob @ Aug 16 2011, 03:52 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1869287"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I still have to give props to Cyd for coming up with such a clever strat, even though they caught us with our pants down :) Its refreshing to see that NS2 is starting to develop some strategic variety.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This is why we need more clans, both higher and lower calibre are needed. Whenever there are teams of both higher and lower skill level, tons of stuff gets tried and figured out, currently, the competitive scene (even though in beta) is lacking.
  • PhYzorPhYzor Join Date: 2003-10-26 Member: 22005Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2011
    yop,

i'm not fan of #156 or other clan (except Frelge :p), i think it's great what you do Cyd team, because, i'm very bad in english and until yesterday i don't know it was possible to be cloaked out of the range. So for this Thank you !

But, and i don't talk for Cyd or other "old" team, i talk for player in pub or new team, we want play some match with some rules, to be fair (no spam hydra, no exploit bug : ok cloak it's not an exploit, i'm sorry, etc....), i think it's easly to understand that, ok we can spam hydra in a room, it's possible (thanks UWE) like cloak rush, but, seriously, is it fair ? is it interesting ? Actually i stop rush strat because it's so borring, but it's my way.

So i think we could add in rules, to not allow rush cloak in base, but allow cloack in other parts of the map (except marine base ^^), i think it's more fair.

what do you think about that ?

and sorry for my bad english.
  • WilsonWilson Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 72867Members
    I'd actually like to see clans play without restrictive rules at this point. I agree that there are many unfair and unbalanced things in the game currently, but I think it'd really benefit the game if you guys used these things to your best advantage. That way you can post on here and say "aliens win every time if they do this." or whatever and UW can then change the balance.

Things like this cloaking strat might not be discovered for ages if there were only people playing public games.
  • PhYzorPhYzor Join Date: 2003-10-26 Member: 22005Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    we need to wait all feature before balance. So actually it's "normal" if it's not balance, but we can use some rules to play match more balance.
  • TekJTekJ Join Date: 2011-08-13 Member: 116212Members
    edited August 2011
    Do it once so, for the show, and I think that was the goal. The rest all this controversy surrounding it has no place.
  • QuovatisQuovatis Team Inversion Join Date: 2010-01-26 Member: 70321Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    NS2AU vs. Anagram on Saturday. Looking forward to it.
  • ShiloriusShilorius Join Date: 2011-01-14 Member: 77445Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I think it was an impressive strategy by Cyd and AFAIK this is the way the cloak ability is intended to be used by UWE.
    <!--quoteo(post=1869374:date=Aug 16 2011, 11:25 AM:name=Shilorius)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Shilorius @ Aug 16 2011, 11:25 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1869374"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I think it was an impressive strategy by Cyd and AFAIK this is the way the cloak ability is intended to be used by UWE.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

yeah like spam hydra.
    <!--quoteo(post=1869375:date=Aug 16 2011, 06:31 PM:name=PhYzor)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PhYzor @ Aug 16 2011, 06:31 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1869375"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->yeah like spam hydra.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Bad Troll !
  • WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Well said Smaug! and yes neither of our team have made a huge deal of it, because there is no need too. We have had a constructive discussion about it and it continues to show the maturity of both clans. Enjoyed playing with Cyd and again and hope to play again soon. I have been enjoying 184 more and more and while there still things that frustrate me, its just a beta and give it a week and it will either change or something else will be different.

@PhYzor, I am truly sorry you are not a fan of #156, but I think I would be more shocked if you were :) seeing as how we are in different clans, but I can say I am impressed with the teamwork on your clan and the ability to really do some damage. I hope that we can play a scrim again some day and I would hope that all involved would be civil and play with the same kind of preface we had with Cyd. No spamming, forget stalemates and admit defeat and rr, and keep it clean.
    edited August 2011
    If I may, I'm new on the Frelges's clan. And I think from the perspective of a beta, the implementation of rush <strike>cloack</strike> Shade is awsome, and for that I applaud the 156 crew. It's hard to live that when we are across from this kind of situation, but it must be admitted,<strike> do not remake it.</strike> Find another <strike>bug</strike><i> technics</i> is no more interesting? Could we talk about something else? :)

EDIT NEVER MIND : I just translate the changelog and I had not seen that shade lasts for 15 seconds after the dropping of Shade Structure. Thus, my comments are completely irrational. Because of this, I apologize for both used the word "bug" or "exploit". In short, I find that there is nothing wrong, if not applaud. There is actually no controversy or discussion to have. As they say in French: Chapeau, and sorry !
    <!--quoteo(post=1869410:date=Aug 16 2011, 01:33 PM:name=WasabiOne)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (WasabiOne @ Aug 16 2011, 01:33 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1869410"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->@PhYzor, I am truly sorry you are not a fan of #156, but I think I would be more shocked if you were :) seeing as how we are in different clans, but I can say I am impressed with the teamwork on your clan and the ability to really do some damage. I hope that we can play a scrim again some day and I would hope that all involved would be civil and play with the same kind of preface we had with Cyd. No spamming, forget stalemates and admit defeat and rr, and keep it clean.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

yep, it will be great :), in your server if it rox (good cpu) ^^
    <!--quoteo(post=1869404:date=Aug 16 2011, 01:01 PM:name=TekJ)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TekJ @ Aug 16 2011, 01:01 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1869404"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Bad Troll !<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

so what enfoiré :D
  • vlncvlnc Join Date: 2010-09-07 Member: 73921Members, Squad Five Blue
    Your right Smaug.

I have no background of ns1 too. That's why I've waited for some more informations about this subject (long time cloak).

With this update and new informations, we all know that's not a bug or an exploit. Just remember, this game is still a beta. That's the first build of the shade and like devs says, it need some fix.

I'm very happy about the NS2HD's tournament and hope many players will join. That's good for attracting people to NS2.
  • WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    @PhYzor, Our Server is running good now, but we are looking to upgrade to something newer and faster and more centrally located in the US.
  • noanoa Join Date: 2011-07-15 Member: 110564Members
    I think we need more cloaked skulk rushes! Well maybe not.. but we need the principle behind it. We need more competitive play with more clans out looking for things like this i.e: looking for strats/uses that are not quite exploits, just things UWE overlooked or did not realize the implication of.

What I'm trying to say is that NS2 is really meant to be played in tight-nit teams with high levels of coordination. So to help UWE balance the game we need more clans facing off against each other finding and using any new strat/technique that they can to win, that way UWE can address it. (I'm not saying use things like R_mode, just game play stuff that has not been deemed exploit already)

So lets find more things like this and maybe we can play a more balanced game sooner :D!
    <!--quoteo(post=1869658:date=Aug 17 2011, 01:37 PM:name=noa)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (noa @ Aug 17 2011, 01:37 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1869658"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I think we need more cloaked skulk rushes! Well maybe not.. but we need the principle behind it. We need more competitive play with more clans out looking for things like this i.e: looking for strats/uses that are not quite exploits, just things UWE overlooked or did not realize the implication of.

What I'm trying to say is that NS2 is really meant to be played in tight-nit teams with high levels of coordination. So to help UWE balance the game we need more clans facing off against each other finding and using any new strat/technique that they can to win, that way UWE can address it. (I'm not saying use things like R_mode, just game play stuff that has not been deemed exploit already)

So lets find more things like this and maybe we can play a more balanced game sooner :D!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well said NOA
  • meb3meb3 Join Date: 2011-06-23 Member: 106078Members
    kind of hard to get more competitive players when the game is bad
  • SyknikSyknik InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2064Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Sexy Signature meb3, mmm. =) If you want, we have a webpage now, you should update it.
    <!--quoteo(post=1869706:date=Aug 17 2011, 06:38 PM:name=meb3)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (meb3 @ Aug 17 2011, 06:38 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1869706"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->kind of hard to get more competitive players when the game is bad<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

true
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1869706:date=Aug 17 2011, 04:38 PM:name=meb3)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (meb3 @ Aug 17 2011, 04:38 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1869706"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->kind of hard to get more competitive players when the game is bad<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Kind of hard to get many players, competitive or not, when the gameplay is pretty broken.
  • BJHBnade_spammerBJHBnade_spammer Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42431Members
    vlnc need to post link to 3rd game it is up on ns2hd channel already
    edited August 2011
    NS2HD casted a practice scrim between Cyd and 156 last night (Aug. 19th, 2011). Here are the links:
    Game 1: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXwI-uJWP-4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXwI-uJWP-4</a>
    Game 2: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E80mQ7uO-VU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E80mQ7uO-VU</a>
    Game 3: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21ufw1Bhsc0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21ufw1Bhsc0</a>
  • BJHBnade_spammerBJHBnade_spammer Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42431Members
    we need to get the public teams to do this a few times atleast!! so we can get used to playing with each other
  • McGlaspieMcGlaspie www.team156.com Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73044Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester
    Great idea. I recommend you guys have a leader get in contact with the clans you want to have a practice scrim against.
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    I am very sorry I missed Anagram vs NS2AU this weekend. I mixed up the times. I really wanted to see the match and I'm terribly sorry to the players who waited for me.
  • vlncvlnc Join Date: 2010-09-07 Member: 73921Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited August 2011
    Yes sorry guys, I was at Gamescom in Cologne for few days. Can't update this post from Germany D:

I'll do the update today as soon as possible.

edit : ok, replays list is now updated