Map-annotations in build 162
Triggerman Graphic Artist Join Date: 2004-11-10 Member: 32724Members, WC 2013 - Supporter Posts: 553 Fully active user
edited February 2011 in NS2 General Discussion
YouTube tutorial on how to use
Click image for link to unlisted YouTube video.
- Added in patch 162.
- Places floating texts in the level that can be seen by anyone playing the level provided you have internet-access by entering "displayannotations true" in console.
- Anyone can place annotations by writing "annotate <yourtexthere>".
- Cleared automatically between each patch, meaning in build 163 all annotations from 162 will be removed.
- Cannot delete an already placed annotation, be careful not to write more than once.
- In order to see an annotation you just placed, you need to write "displayannotations true" for it to appear.
- The brain behind this is Brian, so thank him and offer him some sacrifices to him for this awesome feature.
Recommended tags before each entry:
- [LvlFeedb] - For leveldesigners, places in the level that has glitches or missing textures for example.
- [Marine] - Marine-related gameplay suggestions only, such as Sentry placement or a good spot to stand in while defending.
- [Alien] - Alien related gameplay suggestions only, such as Hydra or Whip placements.
- [lol] - Anything funny I guess you can think of that happened while playing, however refrain from using this feature since it clutters.
Hope you'll give the leveldesigners some nice feedback now and annotate short and concise folks!
Alien theme for unknownworlds.com - NS2 Developer Tracker - My entry in The Overgrowth of Natural Selection - 2D-game project Mystling - How to use map-annotations in [b162] - Dramatic Brian!
Post edited by Unknown User on