Wanna be OP as marine?

SehzadeSehzade Join Date: 2010-12-29 Member: 76024Members
<div class="IPBDescription">jump in circles as marine to win encounters</div>hey guys,
what I find is that as marine humping around like a rabbit on ecstasy in circles makes it almost impossible for aliens to hit you.

add a flamethrower and you are almost invincible...because it has a blinding effect and very decent damage.
I killed off 2 fades and a skulk with only getting hit once on my very own. (in the hallway to East wing from MS on the map rockdown which is kind of narrow to begin with. more open places it's an even more effective "tactic")
absolutley no skill required. just spam jump+hold a+left mouse button and you win almost every fight.

I have no idea how you could possibly fix this but restricting jumping (e.g. a little slowdown after landing). Or an endurance bar.

What are your thoughts to this?
Maybe I see it from the wrong perspective. But that's what I expierienced (as marine and alien) and what "worked" outstandingly.

Greetz

Comments

• ODirtyODirty Join Date: 2010-12-29 Member: 76032Members
    dont forget about the flames going through walls too. If anything i dont have a problem with flamethrowers being so hard to fight against, because we yet to see how the onos will come into play but the fact that flames shoot through walls pretty much says it for it self.
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    i find biting or shooting accuratly very hard at the moment, mostly because the game is not smooth enough. I don't think this will be too much of a problem when the game is lag free.

Of course you can always do what the old battlefield games did - you can't shoot while jumping.
  • NurEinMenschNurEinMensch Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14056Members, Constellation
    Since NS has always been about movement I would say no thanks to that idea.
  • HolepuncherHolepuncher Join Date: 2010-12-29 Member: 76021Members
    I agree that flamethrowers are op right now, but marines jumping around with lmg's and shotguns are skulk-bait.

It is much easier to bite an evading marine than it is to shoot an evading skulk.

All of this should improve as the game is optimized and runs smoother.
  • AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Yeah, it'll be much less of a problem once we get to the point where you have high enough fps to leap-bite reliably.
  • PaiSandPaiSand Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33487Members
    I have kill marines jumping around, it's all about timing your own jumps (skulk) and bite.
    Anyway, as skulk you need to move jumping to avoid being instant killed, and to get a better kill too.