Well done UWE

WheeeeWheeee Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13713Members, Reinforced - Shadow
I had my doubts, but build 155 is impressive (aside from the server crash). Easily the most playable build yet. i'm having fun. I'm not sure what you did in the last few days but clearly it worked.

Comments

• Iced_EagleIced_Eagle Borg Engineer Join Date: 2003-03-02 Member: 14218Members
    Completely agreed. When I heard the beta announcement this morning, I was worried for the backlash based on the builds I've played. However, the team has done an AMAZING job since the last build. Honestly, it's insanely impressive stuff.

I take back any doubts I had. :)

Still issues to be worked out, but this is really heading in the right direction, at good speed.
  • Mkk_BitestuffMkk_Bitestuff Join Date: 2003-01-17 Member: 12407Members
    I have to agree also. Its been only 2 days since 154 was released, and the improvement over it is quite noticeable.
  • Heroman117Heroman117 Join Date: 2010-07-28 Member: 73268Members
    I agree, the previous 3 builds 153, 154 and now 155; i have seen so many dramatic improvements that i now have no doubts that at this pace the remaining networking and performance imperfections will be stamped out and allow the devs to focus on the features, most importantly dynamic infestation. I didn't think they could possibly get much better with this new build but i get an average 55 fps with my GTX 460. Keep it up devs and we'll see a great game in 2011
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    seems better overall, quite often though i log on and its jerky and laggy, baiscally unplayable. Its an improvement over previous version but still a long way to go. Fade is cool but now the marines are at a big disadvantage :)
  • TobyToby Join Date: 2007-01-31 Member: 59822Members
    UWE should get more positive feedback from successful patches. Great job with build 155!
  • yimmasabiyimmasabi Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58318Members
    +1
    Good Job but still this is alpha imao !

Fade blink is very nice, need some improvements and mostly I like movement of Onos.
    Good Job !
  • JAmazonJAmazon Join Date: 2009-02-21 Member: 66503Members
    AWESOME job. Seems the playability is on the up and up...just played 10v10 and it was smooth like a rusty spoon. Which is a compliment now! :D
  • Revi.ukRevi.uk Join Date: 2010-04-12 Member: 71354Members
    I agree with all of the above. The game is certainly playable for the most part now just need to fix the memory leak on the server and we'll finally be able to play a proper game.

Good job on the server performance and bug fixing. Must be nice to finally hear some nice things from us eh? :)
  • JAmazonJAmazon Join Date: 2009-02-21 Member: 66503Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1806842:date=Nov 19 2010, 03:36 PM:name=Revi.uk)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Revi.uk @ Nov 19 2010, 03:36 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1806842"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Must be nice to finally hear some nice things from us eh? :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

HA! We the most adoring fans are also the most blood thirsty critics! >:D
  • StakhanovStakhanov Join Date: 2003-03-12 Member: 14448Members
    With some tweaking , it's possible to obtain a somewhat acceptable framerate. How lag happens is not very clear , but on some servers it's possible to play for several minutes with no interruptions. The Fade works fine and certainly makes it the best update yet. Still , tech trees are incomplete and undocumented , and the minimap is too cryptic and messy to use. This doesn't qualify as a beta at all , but at least it's finally becoming a playable alpha.

Now on to the small matters of game balance :p
  • benifbenif Join Date: 2010-11-19 Member: 75047Members
    I registered just to say that you guys have done a great job getting this far! Build 155 is extremely playable for me and I can't wait for future optimizations.

Just a small note, as you guys probably already know this, but the flamethrower effect on the kharaa is a little overwhelming. Oh and the spawning behind walls bug :P