Animated Props

SN.WolfSN.Wolf Join Date: 2010-03-29 Member: 71115Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Fans, Ect</div>Are these done with cinimatics or am i just now doing something right?

I have a few fans in my level and wan't 2 of them to rotate but one to turn slow and one to turn fast. is this possible yet?

Maybe the fans to be powered by the power grid?

Comments

• pSyk0mAnpSyk0mAn Nerdish by Nature Germany Join Date: 2003-08-07 Member: 19166Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    Check out the offical maps in spark to see how differently moving fans work.

Scale doesn't work with dynamic_props yet. You can scale it in Spark, but in-game it's going back to 1;1;1 :/
  • SN.WolfSN.Wolf Join Date: 2010-03-29 Member: 71115Members
    cool , thanks. So it's just a matter of time before we see some more options in the editor, I can give them that! So much content in the whole package it's a wonder they even sleep.
  • UncleRayUncleRay Join Date: 2010-03-08 Member: 70881Members
    Well they stare at goats all day... What else CAN they do besides sleep? lol
  • fsfodfsfod uk Join Date: 2004-04-09 Member: 27810Members, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Heres a quick mod i made to fix dynamic prop scaling <a href="http://www.filefront.com/17216902/ScaledProp.zip" target="_blank">ScaledProp.zip</a>. To use it just copy it to your Natural Selection 2 directory then
    create a shortcut to ns2.exe and add "-game ScaledProp.zip" without the quotes to the end of the target path of the shortcut
    I tried it out and all the textures on resized props where missing and several errors on resized props resulting in "out of video memory" in the log at aplication crash.

Was this tested on the latest build as i would really like to use it? :)
  • fsfodfsfod uk Join Date: 2004-04-09 Member: 27810Members, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Yes this works fine in the latest build. i was using a spinning fan to test it. i just tested using something more complex a marine model there was no missing textures
    this mod won't work on a public servers if you were trying to use it on one
    Maybe i fubared somewhere, bah....to many friggin board meetings in the summer!!

I'll give it another shot this weekend after i sleep to noon....lol. Thanks for the file, i'm sure it's end user error.