Youtube

PrefixPrefix Éirinn go Brách Join Date: 2006-12-31 Member: 59353Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">and other releases by the community</div>There are a lot of videos showing up on youtube of the alpha, I'm not convinced this is a good idea.

The game isn't ready for this yet, do we really want to be broadcasting the bugs to the world?

Comments

• peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    None of them have many views apart from one (90,000+ views) which was uploaded by Flayra :P

Now that SE is over there isnt much point advertising the game in its current state. It probably is better not to upload footage of bugs and whatever else but at the same time it can raise awareness of NS2 so I don't think it's a big deal either way. Its not like footage of the alpha bugs/lag is appearing on the front page of ign/gamespot/gamespy etc.
  • SyknikSyknik InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2064Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    I don't see this as too big of a problem, people should know that it's in alpha and definitely be shown in the title that it is. Most people can understand when they see alpha that it isn't a polish or even a fully functional game yet. If anything I see people getting excited and intrigued by what NS2 has to offer and may even be willing to purchase the game later down the road by seeing how things are progressing, from alplha -> beta -> retail.
  • DarkATiDarkATi Revelation 22:17 Join Date: 2003-06-20 Member: 17532Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    This shouldn't be a problem since they can't even get in to the Alpha test anymore. They'll just have to wait for Beta or the finished product.

All publicity is good publicity. Or so "they" say.

Cheers,
    Cody
  • JediYoshiJediYoshi The Cupcake Boss Join Date: 2002-05-27 Member: 674Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1789485:date=Jul 30 2010, 08:52 AM:name=Prefix)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prefix @ Jul 30 2010, 08:52 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1789485"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->There are a lot of videos showing up on youtube of the alpha, I'm not convinced this is a good idea.

The game isn't ready for this yet, do we really want to be broadcasting the bugs to the world?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

People think similarly of the release of the alpha in general, people will always find something to complain about.
  • zexzex Join Date: 2009-10-07 Member: 68978Members
    im posting this here because i noticed it on youtube

The hatchet attack animation makes no sense, it's like a backhand tennis stroke. Nobody would swing a hatchet like that.