NS2 Install Problem

PAINPAIN Join Date: 2006-10-31 Member: 58120Members, Constellation
So I am having trouble installing NS2 on Steam. I previously installed NS2 to the c:/program files when it first came out. It is now able to be installed on Steam (?)

I did as instructed from the email I received from UWE and activated my product with my NS2 key. Something did download and update but it was not Natural Selection 2. Instead Steam installed something called ValveTestApp. I can't launch this "game" and it is in my Library with the name ValveTestApp. I do not see NS2 on the games list. I do see where I have HL and NS1 installed.

What steps do I need to take to resolve this?

Tried deleting local content of ValveTestApp. Uninstalled NS2 via the control panel in Windows. Restarted Steam and tried to activate my product again. It told me that it has already been activated and downloaded the VTA again...

Comments

• fsfodfsfod uk Join Date: 2004-04-09 Member: 27810Members, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Its either cause some of steam is/was down today or you might have stale ClientRegistry.blob which you would have to delete and then let steam rebuild it
  • PAINPAIN Join Date: 2006-10-31 Member: 58120Members, Constellation
    I can't believe that's all it took to fix it. I've deleted the file to fix other issues before, but I didn't think it would fix this. I now see NS2 in my Library. I appreciate the help.