Old school: Orcish Grunt

cmc5788cmc5788 Join Date: 2009-10-06 Member: 68959Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Epic Voicechat</div>Do any of you remember Orcish Grunt on voicechat from pubs on old school NS servers? He would always roleplay an actual orc over voicechat. Well, I just found this on youtube, I thought a few of you who remember him might appreciate it.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdzryoaXNQ0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdzryoaXNQ0</a>

Good times :) Can't wait for NS2. I only hope someone can take up the mantle of Orcish Grunt and do his clan great honor.

Comments

• ns_insiderns_insider Join Date: 2007-09-30 Member: 62484Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    This guy was awesome.
  • xposed-xposed- Join Date: 2007-09-23 Member: 62412Members, Constellation
    Never had the pleasure of playing in the same server as him, but that's just hilarious. I'd fall off my chair.
  • NossahNossah Join Date: 2002-11-11 Member: 8234Members, Constellation
    edited April 2010
    Now i just have to know how he did that. It wasn't a soundboard of any kind.

EDIT: How cool would it be if that guy actually was the original voice actor? :P
  • cmc5788cmc5788 Join Date: 2009-10-06 Member: 68959Members
    edited April 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1769050:date=Apr 28 2010, 08:46 PM:name=Nossah)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nossah @ Apr 28 2010, 08:46 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1769050"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Now i just have to know how he did that. It wasn't a soundboard of any kind.

EDIT: How cool would it be if that guy actually was the original voice actor? :P<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I played in games with him all the time, and he was just really good at speaking that way. No tricks to it. He was just awesome.

Also, he was ALWAYS in-character. Always.
  • NossahNossah Join Date: 2002-11-11 Member: 8234Members, Constellation
    That is awesome. If you are reading this good sir you have my respect.
  • locallyunscenelocallyunscene Feeder of Trolls Join Date: 2002-12-25 Member: 11528Members, Constellation
    He is very good at voice acting. He has a couple of other voices that are good as well. His "Ronald McFondle" voice was the the best commanding voice ever. There is one other really good one that's slipping my mind at the moment.
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    I played a number of fun games with him back when. Would have loved to hear the Ronald comm lol.
  • Renegade.Renegade. Join Date: 2003-01-15 Member: 12313Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1769059:date=Apr 28 2010, 09:05 PM:name=locallyunscene)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (locallyunscene @ Apr 28 2010, 09:05 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1769059"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->He is very good at voice acting. He has a couple of other voices that are good as well. His "Ronald McFondle" voice was the the best commanding voice ever. There is one other really good one that's slipping my mind at the moment.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I remember Ronald McFondle the player and his voices, is this the same guy?
  • Mr. EpicMr. Epic Join Date: 2003-08-01 Member: 18660Members, Constellation
    LOL I had forgotten about him. GGGGGG IIIIIIII JOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  • xposed-xposed- Join Date: 2007-09-23 Member: 62412Members, Constellation
    He's in the same league as MARINE DUDE. Only Aussie players will know what I'm talking about.
  • Katana-Katana- Join Date: 2008-11-25 Member: 65575Members
    don't forget htec form schamptons and gibgames!
  • puzlpuzl The Old Firm Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14029Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, I remember the first time hearing him I was in stitches trying to play, but he kept cracking me up.. not just how he sad things, but what he said was hilarious.
  • DogbiteDogbite Join Date: 2004-03-14 Member: 27329Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I remember this guy! He was awsome, he cracked me up the first time I heard him.

Also, Marine Dude is always amusing, "YEAH!"
  • spellman23spellman23 NS1 Theorycraft Expert Join Date: 2007-05-17 Member: 60920Members
    Heck yeah Marine Dude.

Also, how did I ever play FPS games without a mic.... such good times.
  • SwiftspearSwiftspear Custim tital Join Date: 2003-10-29 Member: 22097Members
    HTEC used to be pretty good at voices... Too bad...
  • Corporal_FortierCorporal_Fortier Join Date: 2005-03-22 Member: 46079Members, Constellation
    Oh do I remember Orcish Grunt, that guy is awesome! I hope he'll be around for ns2.
  • steppin'razorsteppin'razor Join Date: 2008-09-18 Member: 65033Members, Constellation
    Marine Dude is still around from time to time
  • DrummerDrummer Join Date: 2004-02-18 Member: 26654Members
    edited April 2010
    haha, i love Orcish Grunt. played with him a bunch back in the prime days, when player numbers for ns topped DoD, he was epic

side note: does anyone remember the sync'ed hlss sounds i would do with people on the TP server to create an echo effect? also, i still have ALL of my hlss spamage :) "cry me a river, b*tch!" "that's what your mom said, when i shaved her back! hahahaha!"
  • HeymanHeyman Join Date: 2005-03-29 Member: 46895Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1769082:date=Apr 29 2010, 12:21 AM:name=xposed-)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xposed- @ Apr 29 2010, 12:21 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1769082"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->He's in the same league as MARINE DUDE. Only Aussie players will know what I'm talking about.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Erm, I just played with him last night at the American <BAD> servers. Love that guy.
  • SilverwingSilverwing bulletsponge Join Date: 2003-11-23 Member: 23395Members, Constellation
    MARINE DUDE is all kinds of awesome although he seemed miffed when I announced I had a small man-crush on him. Go figure.

*sigh* Now I have to install NS again, just to go to BAD.
  • JimydJimyd Join Date: 2003-02-08 Member: 13289Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1769516:date=May 2 2010, 12:21 PM:name=Silverwing)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Silverwing @ May 2 2010, 12:21 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1769516"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->MARINE DUDE is all kinds of awesome although he seemed miffed when I announced I had a small man-crush on him. Go figure.

*sigh* Now I have to install NS again, <b>just to go to BAD</b>.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

BAD advice. Puns ensuing.
  • CrispixCrispix Join Date: 2007-01-10 Member: 59543Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    I have Orcish on MSN/facebook. He's a cool Orc. He's also very intelligent with technology/computer hardware and such. I got him to play NS for a tiny bit when it was slowly being revived when the NS2 teaser came out, but I think he said he wants to wait until NS2 comes out. So yeah be on the lookout for him.
  • lljkWhimsylljkWhimsy Join Date: 2003-04-25 Member: 15829Members
    edited June 2010
    Forum necromancy ahoy!

Orcish Grunt has asked me to act as a conduit to what's going on. I've scribed what he's said, and here's the delio:

"To all who have learned to fear the Onos before Orcish might; to the creatures who skulk and lerk behind the protection of the shadows of steely structures built to withstand the limitless void of space; finally, to those who would lead and fight in parts bravely and foolishly against the one other species, I say this:

The Orcish Horde will return!

For now, the portals have pulled me to the reaches of deep space, where <b>treachery</b> runs rampant, and where rocks exist <b>rich </b>with raw materials, calling to be refined into that which is needed to power mighty war machines. The day comes when the call to tame the kharaa and to snack on the remains of raw <b>humish </b>flesh will sing a warsong loud enough to summon the <b>mighty </b>Orcish Grunt back.

The battles will once again be glorious! The war will once again be unending! The games will be cut short by the <b>crushing blows</b> of fingers hammering with immeasurable force against the F4 button!"

You don't know the joy of dictating an Orcish Grunt lusting for the glory days of battle. He wasn't Ronald, or any other character; he's always been just the Orc, and the voice, in his words, was and always will be flesh, meat, and bone.
  • TravCarpTravCarp Join Date: 2010-06-04 Member: 71962Members, Reinforced - Supporter
  • BlitzThoseBlitzThose Aberdeen, Scotland Join Date: 2010-04-11 Member: 71342Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1773521:date=Jun 6 2010, 05:40 AM:name=lljkWhimsy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lljkWhimsy @ Jun 6 2010, 05:40 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1773521"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->For now, the portals have pulled me to the reaches of deep space, where <b>treachery</b> runs rampant, and where rocks exist <b>rich </b>with raw materials, calling to be refined into that which is needed to power mighty war machines<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

im guessing from this he plays eve, if so i hope he's not GBC SC scum
    <!--quoteo(post=1773771:date=Jun 7 2010, 12:33 PM:name=BlitzThose)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BlitzThose @ Jun 7 2010, 12:33 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1773771"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->im guessing from this he plays eve, if so i hope he's not GBC SC scum<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

What other game would require asteroid mining to be described in such exciting terms?

And the GBC was far too liked by the rest of Eve. He's probably a member of some kind of horde or swarm.
  • BlitzThoseBlitzThose Aberdeen, Scotland Join Date: 2010-04-11 Member: 71342Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1773796:date=Jun 7 2010, 07:22 PM:name=lljkWhimsy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lljkWhimsy @ Jun 7 2010, 07:22 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1773796"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What other game would require asteroid mining to be described in such exciting terms?

And the GBC was far too liked by the rest of Eve. He's probably a member of some kind of horde or swarm.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

lies, the only people that like gbc are gbc. also they are completly fail as was there recent invasion of the north.
    <!--quoteo(post=1773811:date=Jun 7 2010, 03:48 PM:name=BlitzThose)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BlitzThose @ Jun 7 2010, 03:48 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1773811"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->lies, the only people that like gbc are gbc. also they are completly fail as was there recent invasion of the north.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I don't want to make this into a CAOD post, but it's hard to resist...

Every alliance lead by SirMolle has relied on ~*Evil Space Emperor*~ tactics, where the people that go to battle with Molle's alliance du jour at their side usually goes in alone. Once they get bored or take a huge hit, they fly away, not without realizing that Molle can't actaully hurt them, or that they'll have probably lost more than Bobit before Bobit quietly quit and went home.

The NC is made up of alliances who usually do their own thing. Occasionally, this means standings resets, but often it winds up to be harassing members of the current SC, or when they feel particularly charged, taking space from SC alliances.

It doesn't always work out that way, but it averages out that way. Ultimately, Bobit has never been good at keeping their word or following their plans. This is what happened with RISE/CORM, Atlas, AAA, MC, and probably another dozen alliances, pets, and renters in the three years I've played.
  • Lemming JesusLemming Jesus Join Date: 2010-04-13 Member: 71385Members
    Marine Dude is the only microphone spamming asshat I don't mute.
  • ZableZable Join Date: 2003-06-05 Member: 17037Members
    Any other old school players remember FADE-ALITY? SHOTGUN OOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWNSSSSSS THE FADE. Good times...