Do those with the standard edition still get alpha?

2»

Comments

• HeymanHeyman Join Date: 2005-03-29 Member: 46895Members
    I'm gonna feel all lonely with my green armor. I pre-ordered the Standard Edition, as I really loved the game but was pretty short on money!
  • remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester
    <!--quoteo(post=1756152:date=Feb 28 2010, 03:01 PM:name=Heyman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Heyman @ Feb 28 2010, 03:01 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1756152"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm gonna feel all lonely with my green armor. I pre-ordered the Standard Edition, as I really loved the game but was pretty short on money!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I'd pay another 40 if i can have funny socks.
  • M00_cowM00_cow Join Date: 2007-03-02 Member: 60180Members, Constellation
    +45 for horns coming off my shoulder pads
  • SlycasterSlycaster Limited Edition Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 24Members, NS1 Playtester
    <!--quoteo(post=1756152:date=Feb 28 2010, 05:01 PM:name=Heyman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Heyman @ Feb 28 2010, 05:01 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1756152"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm gonna feel all lonely with my green armor. I pre-ordered the Standard Edition, as I really loved the game but was pretty short on money!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If you have money now, you can e-mail UWE and upgrade your account to the special edition for only 20 dollars more. Heads up.
  • The_Real_QuasarThe_Real_Quasar Has the I.Q. of 12,000 P.E. Teachers Join Date: 2002-11-26 Member: 9998Members
    I think it's important to note that simply getting to play the game a little earlier should not be your primary motivation for buying the SE...

I did it because it means I get to help support the game in two ways. First, I'm helping to finance its creation, and second, I get access to the alpha, not because I'm desperate to play NS2 (although I am), but because alpha testers will have a hand in improving the final product, reporting bugs and whatnot.

I don't really care when it's coming out, really. The important thing is that it IS coming, and it will be good.
  • FocusedWolfFocusedWolf Join Date: 2005-01-09 Member: 34258Members
    edited February 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1756152:date=Feb 28 2010, 06:01 PM:name=Heyman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Heyman @ Feb 28 2010, 06:01 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1756152"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm gonna feel all lonely with my green armor. I pre-ordered the Standard Edition, as I really loved the game but was pretty short on money!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I did too, but for different reasons. It was not a question of the money (personally i don't 100% like NS1 although stargate_xt9 got me hooked :P). It was down too either having black camouflage or green. After an exhaustive week of considering the options as to which would be more useful in combat, the following was determined:

1. No one makes 100% black textured maps. They tend to use other colors :P

2. If a map had a dark area, then both green and black would disappear. Now we know there are LEDs all over the marines armor so it's impossible to hide in the dark anyway.

3. Green IS THE COLOR of the TSA marine equipment (this is confirmed now from the various reveals), therefore a green marine will be better hidden against a field of equipment then a black armored one will be.

4. Custom models to replace all original models/skins will be the norm for my game installation.

5. No preview as to what it would eventually look like (and still no preview... with the exception i read that it wasn't going to be 100% solid black).