Decal Painter and Target Spotlights?

DigitalPicturesDigitalPictures Join Date: 2009-12-27 Member: 69791Members
edited January 2010 in NS2 General Discussion
Will There be a decal painter included in Spark? Like if we wanted to spray/airbrush dirt, water puddles, rust, blood etc.. on walls and floors? I also think targeted spotlights would be a huge time saver when it comes to lighting. I would hope for something kind of how it is done in 3dsmax, by just dragging the point/target to point at where you want your spot light to shine, instead of having to manually rotate it.

Comments

• PipiPipi Join Date: 2009-12-09 Member: 69550Members
    I think they have mentionned something about decals.. not sure thought.

You don't really need a target spotlight as in 3dsmax because you can actually continuously "render" the scene with lightning the lit mode. Just set your spotlight in lit mode, while you rotate the light and adjust its range.
  • Draco_2kDraco_2k Evil Genius Join Date: 2009-12-09 Member: 69546Members
    Those are pretty good ideas. No word on whether or not we'll have them yet, but you can post it in the Ideas/Suggestions forum. Maybe developers will take notice.
  • DigitalPicturesDigitalPictures Join Date: 2009-12-27 Member: 69791Members
    " You don't really need a target spotlight as in 3dsmax because you can actually continuously "render" the scene with lightning the lit mode. Just set your spotlight in lit mode, while you rotate the light and adjust its range. "

It's not that I don't know that can be done, it would just save time if we were moving a target over exactly where we wanted the light to go, instead of looking at the spotlight and then rotating the the axis up, down, left or right.
    <!--quoteo(post=1745728:date=Jan 4 2010, 02:57 PM:name=DigitalPictures)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DigitalPictures @ Jan 4 2010, 02:57 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1745728"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->" You don't really need a target spotlight as in 3dsmax because you can actually continuously "render" the scene with lightning the lit mode. Just set your spotlight in lit mode, while you rotate the light and adjust its range. "

It's not that I don't know that can be done, it would just save time if we were moving a target over exactly where we wanted the light to go, instead of looking at the spotlight and then rotating the the axis up, down, left or right.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

They'll spend more time programming the feature that the little time it saves you to adjust a certain spotlight. Seriously, it's really easy enough as it is now.

I don't think this would be nearly anywhere on their priority list.
  • rsdrsd Join Date: 2003-02-11 Member: 13405Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1745733:date=Jan 4 2010, 10:58 PM:name=Pipi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pipi @ Jan 4 2010, 10:58 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1745733"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->They'll spend more time programming the feature that the little time it saves you to adjust a certain spotlight. Seriously, it's really easy enough as it is now.

I don't think this would be nearly anywhere on their priority list.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Not sure why you're arguing with the guy, its a perfectly valid suggestion. Leave it to the devs to decide if it makes sense based on how long it would take to implement. He's not demanding it, just saying it would simplify working with the editor.
    <!--quoteo(post=1746048:date=Jan 7 2010, 12:38 AM:name=rsd)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rsd @ Jan 7 2010, 12:38 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1746048"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Not sure why you're arguing with the guy, its a perfectly valid suggestion. Leave it to the devs to decide if it makes sense based on how long it would take to implement. He's not demanding it, just saying it would simplify working with the editor.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm not arguing. He replied to me so I did back to him. I'm just stating that the feature is useless in how to editor is already built. It's not like it is missing but oh well.. I guess it depends on "how" you see it.
  • LoeyLoey Join Date: 2009-10-31 Member: 69187Members
    targetted spotlights that use an entity as a target so you can make a moving spotlight with the equivalent of a func_train