Natural Selection 2 Release Dream

-Klaus--Klaus- Join Date: 2008-11-14 Member: 65447Members
So, last night I dreamt of the release of natural selection 2, it was a very strange dream.

Initially it started in a room which looked like a marine section out of natural selection, there were two levels to it. At the top there was a walkway with glass windows overlooking a central control room, the walk way hugged the squarish room in an L shape with a ladder at one end. Climbing the ladder brought you to the lower level, in the centre Max & Charlie were stood amongst many computers (all very futuristic looking) and around their central computer area there was the standard NS metal handrail which wrapped around the lower floor in a U, and the final end from the ladder led to a NS air lock style door.

There were several other people with me in the room and we were waiting for Max and Charlie to announce something (as per usual). I think it was Max who said they were planning on doing a short demonstration of a new aspect of the game, at this point all the other people who were waiting with me left in disappointment that it was not the release, I climbed down to the lower level and grabbed hold of the handrail peering at the computer Charlie was now using. Charlie said he was just about to load up the demo and Max was standing next to him watching him, the computer screen was quite large and shone blue and as he started to type on the keyboard the large word error, flashing manically, appeared on the screen. At this point several other computers started spewing error messages, all of the monitors in the room flashing away, red emergency lighting began strobing and a white gas was being vented into the room (slightly like a NS rave room but much scarier).

Max and Charlie seemed quite surprised that this was happening, Max took hold of the keyboard and tried typing things in to take a hold of the situation but instead a large warning siren kicked in and more white gas began to vent around the door on the lower floor. They both looked at it in horror as it began to open quite slowly, white gas pouring under as the door climbed up revealing the room next door. At this point I began to walk over to the door to see what was in the room next door, I could hear the classic NS corridor walking sound as I approached the door way, I was finally stood in front of it waiting for the white gas to clear so I could see what was through it.

I turned to look at Max & Charlie and they both nodded at me indicating to proceed through the doorway, I walked through and in the next room there was an L walkway from to my left which twisted right, in front of me was a shear wall of infestation. I put my hand into the infestation and it was all slimy and rubbery I turned around and again Max & Charlie were encouraging me to walk on. I take the right turn on the walkway and around the wall there is a large window looking onto one of the refinery scenes then as I slowly turn to my right I see more infestation on the walls and ceiling and in front of me a hive (slightly smaller than usual) pulsing and glowing. I turn again to look at Charlie & Max and they both have a huge smile on their faces, they tell me that today is the release of the game and they were only having a little joke at the beginning. I tell them I am amazed at the level of detail they put into the launch party and begin playing with the infestation. At this point Cory appears and tells me that the infestation is mostly climbing plants painted and then covered with wall paper paste to make it all slimy and that they've spent all week trying to create this to give their release bigger impact. I say to Max & Charlie that I'm disappointed no one else was here for the release but they don't seem very phased by it, they were just glad to get the game out the way they wanted, the release room was then being packed up ready to be shown off at PAX

At this point I woke up and now I am here.

I hope you enjoyed it.

Comments

• blackpiranhablackpiranha Germany Join Date: 2003-03-11 Member: 14375Members, Constellation
  • azzwacb9001azzwacb9001 Join Date: 2008-11-14 Member: 65445Members, Constellation
    OMG,

good dream.

I hope that it is really..
  • TekoppenTekoppen Join Date: 2008-02-05 Member: 63584Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Good bed time story :D

ZZzzzz....
  • RikkAndrsnRikkAndrsn Join Date: 2009-06-07 Member: 67741Members
    Do you have dreams like this often?
  • -Klaus--Klaus- Join Date: 2008-11-14 Member: 65447Members
    All the time! Apparently it's a family thing, deep vivid dreams...
  • TriggermanTriggerman Graphic Artist Join Date: 2004-11-10 Member: 32724Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    I thought this was freaky, I can only imagine what Max and Charlie thinks o_O
  • TekoppenTekoppen Join Date: 2008-02-05 Member: 63584Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    <!--quoteo(post=1733186:date=Oct 21 2009, 03:20 PM:name=Triggerman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Triggerman @ Oct 21 2009, 03:20 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1733186"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I thought this was freaky, I can only imagine what Max and Charlie thinks o_O<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No no. It was nice.

I want more bed time stories. =)
  • -Klaus--Klaus- Join Date: 2008-11-14 Member: 65447Members
    Haha, I don't know these guys at all. I've had far weirder dreams about my friends, I just thought I'd share this one, it was pretty awesome.
  • whoppaXXLwhoppaXXL Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58298Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2009
    I want a personal Release Party, too!
  • palliepallie Join Date: 2009-10-12 Member: 69028Members
    Good thing you didn't meet the onos in one of the corridors or it'd been one hell of a nightmare =P
  • ItalianmagicItalianmagic Join Date: 2008-12-13 Member: 65755Members
    i was half-expecting charlie or max to admin hax gestate into oni and devour you. then you waking up.
  • KleenexKleenex Join Date: 2009-09-28 Member: 68896Members
    I dream about naked women... not video games
  • MangoManMangoMan Join Date: 2003-12-28 Member: 24813Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1734371:date=Oct 29 2009, 04:25 AM:name=Kleenex)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kleenex @ Oct 29 2009, 04:25 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1734371"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I dream about naked women... not video games<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You lie
  • TemphageTemphage Join Date: 2009-10-28 Member: 69158Members
    I call photoshopped.
  • TheMatrixTheMatrix Join Date: 2008-11-02 Member: 65358Members
    edited October 2009
    <!--quoteo(post=1734371:date=Oct 29 2009, 10:25 AM:name=Kleenex)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kleenex @ Oct 29 2009, 10:25 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1734371"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I dream about naked women... not video games<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    really? nakede womens? i thought it was only a myth that ppl actually dreamed about them xD i never haded a dream like that :)
  • JAmazonJAmazon Join Date: 2009-02-21 Member: 66503Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1734413:date=Oct 29 2009, 07:04 PM:name=TheMatrix)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheMatrix @ Oct 29 2009, 07:04 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1734413"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->really? nakede womens? i thought it was only a myth that ppl actually dreamed about them xD i never haded a dream like that :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The more important question is do naked women really exist...
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1734414:date=Oct 29 2009, 09:07 PM:name=JAmazon)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JAmazon @ Oct 29 2009, 09:07 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1734414"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The more important question is do naked women really exist...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Not on the internet... Oh wait...
  • Nima_Nima_ Join Date: 2007-08-30 Member: 62083Members
    I had a dream recently that Max and Charlie were at my house discussing current games with me... Was pretty awesome/weird.
  • KleenexKleenex Join Date: 2009-09-28 Member: 68896Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1734395:date=Oct 29 2009, 02:53 PM:name=MangoMan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MangoMan @ Oct 29 2009, 02:53 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1734395"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You lie<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You are right.. I dream about naked men :(
  • KoruyoKoruyo AUT Join Date: 2009-06-06 Member: 67724Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2009
    How can you dream about people you dont really know, or have met in real?
    You must have watched their pictures pretty often and long to have such dreams about them...

In case your a not a pretty women... hmm... ok...

:P
  • Nima_Nima_ Join Date: 2007-08-30 Member: 62083Members
    I have a Max pillow case and a Charlie blanket, thats not weird right?