Will Marine vs. Marine(A. vs. A.)game types be supported?

2»

Comments

• Dead-InsideDead-Inside Join Date: 2004-09-22 Member: 31862Members
    Every time you post I just drop my jaw and read in amazement. I swear I'm trying to figure you out but I'm starting to believe it's not possible.
  • todd1Oktodd1Ok Join Date: 2004-04-19 Member: 28018Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    All's ill say is: I hope not. I blame mods such as MvM and xmenu for the death of the game the first time around.
  • FocusedWolfFocusedWolf Join Date: 2005-01-09 Member: 34258Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1718153:date=Jul 19 2009, 04:39 PM:name=Dead-Inside)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dead-Inside @ Jul 19 2009, 04:39 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1718153"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Every time you post I just drop my jaw and read in amazement. I swear I'm trying to figure you out but I'm starting to believe it's not possible.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Just watch the youtube videos in my signature and everything will be alright xD
  • SjNSjN Join Date: 2003-01-07 Member: 11983Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    <!--quoteo(post=1718052:date=Jul 19 2009, 02:30 AM:name=Harimau)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Harimau @ Jul 19 2009, 02:30 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1718052"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Modern chess originated from (i.e. was modified from) medieval European chess, which originated from ... which originated from ... all the way back to an ancient indian "chess" game. The japanese, koreans and thais also have their own versions of "chess" which originated from the same roots but are clearly different games.
    "Chess", and all its cousins, would not <b>exist</b>, if it weren't for people "trying to come up with their own version".<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

well the good news is that NS is already in trusted hands and we don't need anybody to come up with their "own version".
  • HarimauHarimau Join Date: 2007-12-24 Member: 63250Members
    Oh well if your argument was just 'i'm biased and narrow-minded' you should have just said so.
  • todd1Oktodd1Ok Join Date: 2004-04-19 Member: 28018Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    You're not seriously trying to compare NS to chess, are you?

For one, lol.

but for two, both sides have symmetrical pieces, unlike NS. Far harder to balance.

And as for people making their own version, usually most people have to agree that this version is better. Fact is, alot of the vets and pr0
    community back in the day seen MvM, AvA and all the other various combat based (lol) mods for what they were, useless boring pointless tripe. MvM is an extremly retarded version of CS without the headshots and AvA, lol, ever watch two fades blink jousting under a hive? it's a bit like watching a fly endlessly bang it's head into a window because it think's theres nothing there. Stupid and moronic.

I for one hope that there is massive segregation of modified server's this time round, newbies get it hammered into their heads from day one that "XMENU IS NOT CO" and NS's purity is retained.
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    As the original question of whether they will be supported (seems so with LUA) then I am locking this thread. I already cleaned out some crap.
This discussion has been closed.