Orange Box is OUT!

[WHO]Them[WHO]Them You can call me DaveMembers, Constellation Join Date: 2002-12-11 Member: 10593Posts: 2,813 Fully active user
Now go play Portal already.
Seriously, go play Portal. That is all.
Zoc.php FTW
"Build a tent and say the world is dry." -Tay Zonday

Comments

• RoverRover blargh Members Join Date: 2003-09-23 Member: 21139Posts: 1,006
    School in an hour and 10 minutes. AAAARRRGGGGHHH
    IPB Image
  • KungFuDiscoMonkeyKungFuDiscoMonkey Creator of ns_altair 日本福岡県Members, NS1 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos Join Date: 2003-03-15 Member: 14555Posts: 2,589 Advanced user
    edited October 2007
    Portal is amazing. Great job THEM ! I love the messages the announcer person keeps throwing at me tounge.gif
    毎日勉強したら上手になるよ
  • QuaunautQuaunaut The longest seven days in history... Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow Join Date: 2003-03-21 Member: 14759Posts: 7,216 Advanced user
    edited October 2007
    Wow. The scrawled messages on the inside of that one wall were creepy as ######. And the fact that I see no one on the other side of the glass, and that the elevator keeps messing up, and that certain levels 'aren't available', it all seems a little wrong. Can't wait to finish the story.

As I said to KFDM:

Quaunaut: And one phrase I think will stay with me forever:
    Quaunaut: There is no cake.
    KungFuDiscoMonkey: XD
    Quaunaut: Its like, you go into this and they *have* to be a decently intelligent human being
    Quaunaut: And by the time they get to this, not only has their minds devolved into Cake being the goal
    Quaunaut: But now, the cake is a ######ing conspiracy theory
    __________Artist: asuka111 | The Flood | www.quaunaut.com
  • ANeMANeM Members, Constellation Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16267Posts: 1,457 Advanced user
    edited October 2007
    I just finished portal, many hours after I should have been sleeping.. I'll replace this post with something more substantial later, but for now
    Portal is awesome ####### AMAZING
    also, I want that mp3. You know which one.
    IPB Image
    In a perfect world, there would be less attempts to ban games deemed inappropriate to children and instead more attempts to ban children deemed inappropriate to games.
  • HazeHaze O RLY? Members, Constellation Join Date: 2003-07-07 Member: 18018Posts: 4,858
    edited October 2007
    I woke up a half hour early to play it, feel very special. It would have been an hour and a half early, but I fell back asleep and had an incredibly entertaining dream that I do not regret.

edit: Taking forever to unlock the game files! T-T
  • LikuLiku I, am the Somberlain. Members Join Date: 2003-01-10 Member: 12128Posts: 10,075
    Two hours later and I'm finished with Portal, very good show. Those advanced challenges are pretty damn hard. I want cake.

Here's to another 10,000 Posts.
    QUOTE (Thansal @ Oct 14 2007, 12:14 PM) »
    I am with Them and Liku (who is fun to pwn with a baseball bat).
  • RoverRover blargh Members Join Date: 2003-09-23 Member: 21139Posts: 1,006
    QUOTE(Liku @ Oct 10 2007, 11:25 AM) »
    Two hours later and I'm finished with Portal, very good show. Those advanced challenges are pretty damn hard. I want cake.

Here's to another 10,000 Posts.

Only 2 hours? :/
    IPB Image
  • LikuLiku I, am the Somberlain. Members Join Date: 2003-01-10 Member: 12128Posts: 10,075
    Yup.

Also, I'm trying to go for the "Camera" Achievement... does that reset with each play through?
  • MonkfishMonkfish Sonic-boom-inducing buttcheeks of terrifying speed! Members Join Date: 2003-06-03 Member: 16972Posts: 2,778 Advanced user
    I didn't sleep to play Portal. it's now 11am. God I love you them
  • FaskaliaFaskalia Wechsellichtzeichenanlage Members, Constellation Join Date: 2004-09-12 Member: 31651Posts: 2,405
    Portal=WIN!

And there is cake smile-fix.gif Delicious cake!
    The credits are also hilarious. (Btw is there a way to export the song?)
    Overall pretty good game.

Now to tackle some of those bonus maps biggrin-fix.gif
    QUOTE(TychoCelchuuu @ Jul 30 2008, 03:51 PM) »
    The only similarity to Ground Control is that instead of arriving from a building, your dudes arrive from the sky. Why does that merit a meh?
    QUOTE(puzl @ Apr 20 2007, 04:38 PM) »
    You can mince it anyway you like, but if a government can take it a way then it doesn't really matter if it is a right or a privilege, does it?
  • TyrainTyrain Members Join Date: 2003-01-03 Member: 11746Posts: 1,833
    This game is 100% pure win. biggrin-fix.gif

And, me too, wants the song... and cake... deliziös cake, mhhhh....
    QUOTE(Nil Q @ June 15 2005, 3:02 PM)
    I have a slightly different theory, that the mouse was infected with tiny little deamons spawned by satan himself, who were trying to kill me by starving my brain of vital internet, which I need to survive.

Avatar by http://thefairest.info/ (potentially NSFW)
    Music by http://www.pandora.com/

Living in France and serving your European WoW needs since September 05.
  • Private_ColemanPrivate_Coleman PhD in Video Games Members Join Date: 2002-11-07 Member: 7510Posts: 2,412
    Just finished, it was really really good, Them smile-fix.gif

Portal alone was worthy of the price of orange box.
    --->
    I N T E R N E T
    R A D I O
    Talk
    Industrial
    Punk
    RantRadio - 10 years of non-profit, ad-free radio.
    Don't hate the Media. Become the media.

• NeonSpyderNeonSpyder "Das est NTLDR?" Members Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17913Posts: 1,603 Advanced user
    I am really starting to wonder what all this "cake" business is about, and how exactly it relates to Portal. I mean, how could CAKE apply to portal? I am sure that the truth will amaze me, however I must wait to find out this truth.

On a side note, does anyone know if a free coupon for "The Black Box" from an ATI card purchase can in any way be transformed into a acquisition of The Orange Box? Aren't they the same box, just with a different colour? Such mysteries surround this multi-spectral box!
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Members Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Posts: 3,543 Fully active user
    just finished p0rtal biggrin-fix.gif

so amazingly awesome - ill stop here so i dont mention any spoilers smile-fix.gif just brilliant.
    Want to make an NS2 map but short on time? Join the NS2 Community Map Project
    thou shall slide!
  • NeonSpyderNeonSpyder "Das est NTLDR?" Members Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17913Posts: 1,603 Advanced user
    QUOTE(schkorpio @ Oct 10 2007, 09:08 AM) »
    just finished p0rtal biggrin-fix.gif

so amazingly awesome - ill stop here so i dont mention any spoilers smile-fix.gif just brilliant.

Damn, the combination of my confusion over the colour of my box as well as my lack of fancy video card while it is replaced by technicians half a globe a way make me suddenly incredibly envious of all of these people enjoying their acquired coloured boxes and enjoyed video game(s).

In conjunction with the fact that my windows xp partition is currently out to lunch and may never return, I am positively downright aroused by the thought of finally getting my video card back from the Tech-Gremlins at EVGA and fixing my bork windows install and figuring out the mysteries of the multicoloured boxes and to start finally THINKING WITH PORTALS.
  • ThansalThansal The New Scum Members, Constellation Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Posts: 10,571 Advanced user
    The black box does not exist, it was a bundle with EP2, Portal, and TF2 (no Ep1 or HL2) it was yanked, and does not exist.

Call up ATI or valve and bug them about it.
    <Eternaly_Lost> Me and lolfighter are lovers
  • NeonSpyderNeonSpyder &quot;Das est NTLDR?&quot; Members Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17913Posts: 1,603 Advanced user
    QUOTE(Thansal @ Oct 10 2007, 09:28 AM) »
    The black box does not exist, it was a bundle with EP2, Portal, and TF2 (no Ep1 or HL2) it was yanked, and does not exist.

Call up ATI or valve and bug them about it.

You sir, do realize that I will now proceed to call up Valve, ask them what's upa in their face about my Black Box, and then proceed to complain about my non functional windows boot while they attempt to shuffle papers around on their side of the phone to find some way of shutting me up. It's brilliant. As a matter of fact, I'll ask specifically for THEM so I can both simultaneously congratulate him on the resounding success of Portal and also complain that my box is not the right colour and that I require assistance with my master boot loader or whatever.

It's bullet-proof.
    Ask for cake. It's very delicious and moist. biggrin-fix.gif
    I have a slightly different theory, that the mouse was infected with tiny little deamons spawned by satan himself, who were trying to kill me by starving my brain of vital internet, which I need to survive.

• tigersmithtigersmith Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter Join Date: 2004-11-11 Member: 32749Posts: 762 Advanced user
    Portal is godly, I would of paid 50 bucks just for that game alone lol
    My Twitter
    Planetside-Universe - Staff

sig images should be no larger than 400x75px.
  • SkulkBaitSkulkBait Members Join Date: 2003-02-11 Member: 13423Posts: 2,543
    I just bought Portal.

Let me put this statement in perspective, that it might be appreciated more fully:
    I never buy things on release day. Separating me from $20 usually requires the Jaws of Life. I abhor buying things online. I usually don't bother with anything that requires address and phone number information. My system will only barely be able to play it and I hate when developers do that. Oh, and the thing is 6 gigand from my perspective thats pretty ridiculous, I couldn't even squeeze this ###### onto one DVD.

I bought Portal anyway.
    1.04ever
  • NEO_PhyteNEO_Phyte We need shirtgons&#33; Members, Constellation Join Date: 2003-12-16 Member: 24453Posts: 1,369
    THEM, you are awesome.

ESPECIALLY if you came up with the end song to Portal.
    Anyone casting a ninth level spell should not be just bending the fabric of reality, but chewing up the fabric of reality and spitting it out. It represents an expenditure of raw magical force that should be momentous, and should have similar shock value as the events following Grand Moff Tarkin's "You may fire when ready."
    ┌╥┐
    â•ž
    ♥╡
    └╨┘
  • NeonSpyderNeonSpyder &quot;Das est NTLDR?&quot; Members Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17913Posts: 1,603 Advanced user
    According to a Shacknews review, the ending song was "courtesy of Jonathan Colton"

So if our THEM is this Jonathan Colton fellow, then he is indeed to thank for this "apparently" glorious musical composition at the end of the game which I of course have not heard because of my well-established lack of computer working-ness.
    THEM is Dave Kircher, programmer.
  • TestamentTestament Members Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4037Posts: 2,924
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermov....html?id=115796

Whose idea was this awesome ending song to Portal? Genius.
  • FlayraFlayra Game Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment San FranciscoSuper Administrators, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 3Posts: 6,943 admin
    edited October 2007
    /me salutes THEM. Great job man! It seems like only yesterday you were so little and now...you're all growed up!
    Charlie Cleveland
    Game Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment
  • ThansalThansal The New Scum Members, Constellation Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Posts: 10,571 Advanced user
    QUOTE(Flayra @ Oct 10 2007, 01:43 PM) »
    /me salutes THEM. Great job man! It seems like only yesterday you were so little and now...you're all growed up!

wait.

Them, Little?

Does that work?

tounge.gif

gahh.
    3.5 more hrs till portal.
    <Eternaly_Lost> Me and lolfighter are lovers
  • [WHO]Them[WHO]Them You can call me Dave Members, Constellation Join Date: 2002-12-11 Member: 10593Posts: 2,813 Fully active user
    QUOTE(Flayra @ Oct 10 2007, 10:43 AM) »

biggrin-fix.gif

BTW. Thanks for indirectly helping me get my start. Without NS to make metamod plugins for, and without these forums to post them on. I probably wouldn't have been half as smart about attacking game problems my last 2 years at DigiPen. I probably would have made "Gun Fu 2: Hangover of Crime" or something equally lame instead of Narbacular Drop.
    Zoc.php FTW
    "Build a tent and say the world is dry." -Tay Zonday
    So, them, tell us: How does it feel to make a game out of pure awesome? Where did you get so much pure awesome and can I get the number of that dude?

Gratz on an amazing game. smile-fix.gif

QUOTE(Tyrain @ Oct 10 2007, 02:06 PM) »
    So, them, tell us: How does it feel to make a game out of pure awesome? Where did you get so much pure awesome and can I get the number of that dude?

Gratz on an amazing game. smile-fix.gif

Yes, I would also like to acquire this "awesome" that is spoken so highly of. Who is your supplier THEM, and what is his, her or it's price?

And do they accept personal cheques?
    Also, if we are at it, the credit song is from this dude.

His songs are pretty sweet. Give it a try.