Strange Lag

rebirthrebirth Join Date: 2007-09-23 Member: 62416Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
<div class="IPBDescription">Don't know whats wrong :(</div>So after a long long time of not playing NS i decided to play again... for that i had my steam folder backed up with it's NS installation and my old config that worked fine everytime for years.

I joined a server and started playing and suddenly i got heavy lag.. i tried around a little bit:

- Jumping around in an hive full with chambers and i got a solid 30 ms ping

- As soon as i get to some kind of action (marines shooting stuff aliens hitting stuff) my ping goes up by serveral 100 MS..

- The netgraph shows no pingchange at all but my ping in the scoreboard jumps waay high.

The lag only happens when lots of action is going on around me and that's really strange..
Other online games work fine so i think it's something with my config but i didn't change anything in there for ages and it allways worked.
Only thing that changed on my PC is a better GFX card but i don't think that could be the reason for netlag could it o_O

Asking google didn't help at all as there are waaay too many HL1/Lag/steam related findings so you people are my last hope.