AvP2 (AvP Requiem) film trailer!

LonyoLonyo Members Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58201Posts: 23
edited August 2007 in Off-Topic
Rated R for Ruddy Violent
http://media.movies.ign.com/media/746/746237/vids_1.html

Seriously violent. Seriously.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ScytheScythe NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 46Posts: 4,372 mod
    Good to see they're not pulling any punches on this one. The moment the kid and his father got facehugged was when I knew they weren't zarking around.

--Scythe--
    "Show me an operation that is running smoothly and I'll show you someone who's covering up mistakes. Real boats rock." - Frank Herbert
    image PAPT
  • TykjenTykjen Members, Reinforced - Shadow Join Date: 2003-01-21 Member: 12552Posts: 945 Fully active user
    Finally some gore!
  • AldarisAldaris Members, Constellation Join Date: 2002-03-25 Member: 351Posts: 976 Advanced user
    edited August 2007
    I'm not getting sound with this for some reason.

*edit* And as soon as I posted this, I figured out why.
    QUOTE(NeonSpyder @ Feb 2 2005, 02:18 AM)
    Oh god, mental image of DOOManiac molesting a cheeseburger, oh god, I'm going to die. This is what dying feels like... like pain. Pain with teeth.
  • SvenpaSvenpa Wait, what? Members, Constellation Join Date: 2004-01-03 Member: 25012Posts: 2,428
    It looks better then the first movie at least. Humans and Predators co-oping? What is this ######gotry?!
    A doctor in the Medical Wing with one blank eye beat me to death with a rake, shouting “It’s just... a standard... procedure!,” then made a verbal note of my time of death.
  • TykjenTykjen Members, Reinforced - Shadow Join Date: 2003-01-21 Member: 12552Posts: 945 Fully active user
    1 Human and 1 Predator co-oping happened in the very first AVP comic, which would have been a great movie if the makers of avp1 had followed it. Nevertheless, avp2 at least holds a steady R rating which will be entertaining imo.
  • MonkfishMonkfish Sonic-boom-inducing buttcheeks of terrifying speed! Members Join Date: 2003-06-03 Member: 16972Posts: 2,778 Advanced user
    rite ruddy eck the film actually looks good
  • moultanomoultano Creator of ns_shiva. Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10806Posts: 4,219 Advanced user
    Looks like just a big gore fest, but it looks orders of magnitude better than the first one. It might just be a bad action movie, instead of one of the worst movies ever made.

*sigh*
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 PersonSuper Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Posts: 3,020 admin
    Awesome trailer! smile-fix.gif I've been hoping the Brothers would do a great job and so far it looks that way. Love the groe level. Finally bringin g it back to the Original movies. Predator still owns.

If NS2 fails, follow my Nuke From Orbit Guide.

NS2 Discord: https://discord.gg/0TKQwZWu7JEPeAgW

Subnautica Discord: https://discord.gg/subnautica

• SkinnYSkinnY Members Join Date: 2002-11-07 Member: 7500Posts: 1,255
    I like it.. now let's hope fox realizes that the world needs an uptodate not-suck AVP game!
    yea... i post crap...
  • XythXyth Avatar Members Join Date: 2003-11-04 Member: 22312Posts: 2,625
    QUOTE(SkinnY @ Aug 25 2007, 04:23 PM) »
    I like it.. now let's hope fox realizes that the world needs an uptodate not-suck AVP game!

Hahahaha
    The first thing you must learn is to learn from your mistakes.
  • LikuLiku I, am the Somberlain. Members Join Date: 2003-01-10 Member: 12128Posts: 10,075
    This looks so bad... And I read the topic title thinkin' some sort of really sweet game was coming out... alas.
    QUOTE (Thansal @ Oct 14 2007, 12:14 PM) »
    I am with Them and Liku (who is fun to pwn with a baseball bat).
  • torquetorque Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation Join Date: 2003-08-20 Member: 20035Posts: 862 Advanced user
    I always thought the Capcom AvP beatemup was pretty awesome...

As long as humans are delegated to target practice / collateral damage instead of "characters," this movie might actually be quite entertaining.

[NAPT]
    "We should get flayra to permanently ban her steam id from the command chair"
  • aeroripperaeroripper NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471Posts: 2,423 mod
    It looks like they got a young version of Weaver lookalike in this one. It actually looks like it might be decent.
  • XythXyth Avatar Members Join Date: 2003-11-04 Member: 22312Posts: 2,625
    QUOTE(aeroripper @ Aug 25 2007, 11:49 PM) »
    It looks like they got a young version of Weaver lookalike in this one. It actually looks like it might be decent.

That's definetly what struck me, for a second I was like "WHOA is that who I think it is?!" alas, tis' not.
    The first thing you must learn is to learn from your mistakes.
  • X_StickmanX_Stickman Not good enough for a custom title. Members, Constellation Join Date: 2003-04-15 Member: 15533Posts: 3,567 Advanced user
    QUOTE(moultano @ Aug 25 2007, 05:13 PM) »
    Looks like just a big gore fest, but it looks orders of magnitude better than the first one. It might just be a bad action movie, instead of one of the worst movies ever made.

*sigh*

There is a difference between "bad but enjoyable movies" (like AVP and Jeepers Creepers 2) and "Just plain terrible movies"... like the obvious ones that everyone knows (Plan 9, Manos, Beast of Yucca Flats which I *still* say is worse than manos). But yeah. AVP was kinda sucky.

But this AVP2 looks both awesome and annoying. From the trailer it looks like they basically took "Predator" and "Aliens" and mashed them together and hoped it worked out. I just hope they can pull it off.

Still though, dude running into invisible claws = awesome.
    QUOTE(T h e m @ Apr 10 2005, 06:19 AM)
    Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, elbow to the face.

"It had a very sinister appearance. It had a battery behind it, and wires."

QUOTE(Monkfish @ Jun 30 2008, 03:25)
    I just got banned from a "Christian teamwork server" in BF2142 for knifing one of the server clan snipers and proclaiming "you just got darwin'd"
  • SkyrageSkyrage Members Join Date: 2003-08-27 Member: 20249Posts: 420
    Well, this movie seems to end up being better than the abomination which was AvP.

That's always something.
  • NightstalkerNightstalker Members Join Date: 2007-01-06 Member: 59463Posts: 135
    Hmm very reminiscent of Reign Of Fire

*iFire` folds Eternaly_Lost_Desktop
    *NiGhtStalKEr_desktop folds Eternaly_lost and iFire into a blackhole
    *Eternaly_Lost_Desktop folds im_lost into iFire
    *NiGhtStalKEr_desktop folds im_lost + iFire into an oragami crane
  • LikuLiku I, am the Somberlain. Members Join Date: 2003-01-10 Member: 12128Posts: 10,075
    Bad but pretty enjoyable?
    QUOTE (Thansal @ Oct 14 2007, 12:14 PM) »
    I am with Them and Liku (who is fun to pwn with a baseball bat).
  • cshank4cshank4 Members Join Date: 2003-02-11 Member: 13425Posts: 1,668
    Yay mindless violence.

Ugh, they just need to stop.
    IPB Image
  • ShockehShockeh If a packet drops on the web and nobody's near to see it... NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation Join Date: 2002-11-19 Member: 9336Posts: 3,730 mod
    Am I the only one who's feeling the alarm bells on this?

Let's see. We all acknowledge the first one was terrible, right? One of the biggest complaints was it had been turned into a PG film in order to maximise revenue. Please people, don't be suckered. The whole point of the uber-gory Trailer now is to try & grab you back in:

"No really, it's not! Look, we can still do horror! Watch the gibs! WATCH THEM! Please."

I personally have pretty much no doubt this will also be terrible. It'll just be slasher flick gore terrible. Imagine 'I know what you did last summer' with Xenomorphs.

- Shockwave
  • X_StickmanX_Stickman Not good enough for a custom title. Members, Constellation Join Date: 2003-04-15 Member: 15533Posts: 3,567 Advanced user
    QUOTE(Shockwave @ Aug 28 2007, 04:48 PM) »
    I personally have pretty much no doubt this will also be terrible. It'll just be slasher flick gore terrible. Imagine 'I know what you did last summer' with Xenomorphs.

- Shockwave

... I know you're joking here, but that sounds awesome.

Seriously though, there's nothing wrong with "mindless violence" style flicks, as long as you don't go in expecting anything more. I'll probably see this film, but I won't be expecting a brilliantly paced emotional rollercoaster. I'll be paying to see people get cut up and eaten. Then I'll leave the cinema, and laugh with my friends about how awesome it was when that one guy got like, *totally* eaten. Doesn't mean I have no taste, or that I suck at movies, it just means I know what to expect.
    QUOTE(T h e m @ Apr 10 2005, 06:19 AM)
    Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, elbow to the face.

"It had a very sinister appearance. It had a battery behind it, and wires."

QUOTE(Monkfish @ Jun 30 2008, 03:25)
    I just got banned from a "Christian teamwork server" in BF2142 for knifing one of the server clan snipers and proclaiming "you just got darwin'd"
  • TestamentTestament Members Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4037Posts: 2,924
    edited August 2007

What do you think Ridley Scott designed Alien (the original) to be like? Besides, in all honesty, I enjoyed AvP. The simple fact is that the Yautja aren't mindless killers. Their society is based off culture, and they're well and fully capable of logical thought. The chick proved herself and they had a common, more important foe.

Yautja will always be the ultimate badasses. ###### the Xenomorphs. Boring Jason Jr's.
  • pardzhpardzh Members Join Date: 2002-10-25 Member: 1601Posts: 3,132
    Mmm, gore.

I'll probably see this just cause I like aliens with acid blood and invisible spacemen that shoot lasers.
    the artist formerly known as duff-man
  • cshank4cshank4 Members Join Date: 2003-02-11 Member: 13425Posts: 1,668
    Is it too much to get the universe's finest badasses back in action? I miss the nuclear ballbusters and pointy sticks, pl0x.
    IPB Image
  • EliteParakeetEliteParakeet Members, Constellation Join Date: 2006-10-25 Member: 58091Posts: 18 Fully active user
    Looks awesome, can't wait.