Mouse (aim) Locks Up

DodgehDodgeh Join Date: 2003-08-31 Member: 20428Members
<div class="IPBDescription">help</div>So my mouse locks up in game. It doesn't happen in any other games or in windows. I seem to remember it happened on an older version but i do not remember how it was fixed. Must be a problem with NS settings or something - nothing to do with mouse drivers. Aim just freezes and I can't look around. Happens a lot. Any help appreciated.

I have tried both Open GL and D3D

Comments

• ZavrixZavrix Join Date: 2007-03-20 Member: 60424Members
    This has been happening to me too!

I don't get what's happening either - I've tried about 3 other mice and it still does it, so I know its not on my end.
  • DodgehDodgeh Join Date: 2003-08-31 Member: 20428Members
    I believe when i suffered the same problem before it was rectified by some sort of graphical change though i have now tried both D3D and Open GL. NS is totally unplayable though
    Absolutely. I can't comm, I can't shoot, I can hardly do anything at all because I'll freeze up too often to be of any use to anyone.
  • UnderwhelmedUnderwhelmed DemoDetective #?&#33; Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58026Members, Constellation
    What drivers are you using for your mouse? You're sure its the mouse freezing up, not the game itself, right?
    Yup. My keyboard -and- mouse both freeze up. I've played several other games since then and it hasn't been a problem, but NS seems to be the only case. *cry*

Anyone got a solution?
  • badmoonbadmoon Join Date: 2002-11-05 Member: 7212Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited April 2007
    I am having a similar issue, although I haven't done much yet in trying to fix the problem. What seems to happen is, almost randomly, the mouse will lock up for about two seconds. You can't change the direction you are looking, you cannot fire or stop firing. I'm not sure if this is related to common problem #4: <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?s=4766016696166198272&showtopic=100633" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index....howtopic=100633</a>
  • SloppyKissesSloppyKisses omgawd a furreh&#33; Virginia Join Date: 2003-07-05 Member: 17942Members, Constellation
    well if it is also your keyboard freezing up id suggest its another issue besides natural-selection itself. When it freezes up do you get any graphical defect showing up on your monitor/in the game?

like lines threw the screen, small blocks or anything like that?

I had a similar problem. Not exactly the same but similar, it was my video card overheating/crapping out on me.
  • LazyEyeLazyEye Join Date: 2005-01-06 Member: 32959Members, NS1 Playtester
    Try setting steam.exe to low priority in task manager. This fixed the issue for me a long time ago but its worth a try.

To do it press ctrl - alt - delete, go to the processes tab, right click steam.exe, and set priority to low.
  • IsamilIsamil Join Date: 2003-11-25 Member: 23552Members, Constellation
    This happened to me
    I fixed it by setting hl.exe to low priority. Setting steam.exe to low didn't help.
    Problem is noticed at <a href="http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=502112" target="_blank">http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/show...ad.php?t=502112</a> .
  • BlooDWireBlooDWire Join Date: 2004-08-28 Member: 30977Members
    edited April 2007
    I had the same problem on my ("old")computer. I found out how to fix it though and I bet it helps for you as well <b>if you have a ATI graphic card</b>. Get the taskmanager up(ctrl+alt+del) then find a program named "atixx2" or something like that(It was on my old computer as said, so I don't recall the exact name) and shut it down. And Wholla, problem solved!
    It's kinda annoying that you gotta do it for every time you restart your machine though :/