HUD delayed by several minutes

ViPrViPr Resident naysayer Join Date: 2002-10-17 Member: 1515Members
i don't know if this has been mentioned before.

about half the maches i'm playing sometimes for entire matches only certain things are delayed by several minutes including:

kill and death notifications and accompanying scores
health and armor amounts
chat messages
death blackout
phase gate flash from teleporting

it's very annoying and makes it very diffucult to play because i don't know how badly damaged i am and if i need to get health and armor or to keep fighting and sometimes my weapons will not even be selectable so i can't even use them.

has anyone else seen this problem?

Comments

• JazzXJazzX cl_labelmaps ∞ Join Date: 2002-11-19 Member: 9285Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester
    I've never seen anything like this, I'm moving it over to Tech Support since:

1) Very few people can respond to threads in the bug-report forum

2) It'll get better visibility there
  • SariselSarisel .::' ( O ) ';:-. .-.:;' ( O ) '::. Join Date: 2003-07-30 Member: 18557Members, Constellation
    Okay. How can you possibly have a delay of 1-2 mins? Do you mean 1-2 seconds?
  • BacillusBacillus Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58241Members
    Once again I recommend recording.

Probably it won't work, but its still always worth a try when nobody has got a clue what to do.

So type "record <the name of the demo>" in your console after joining a game. I recommend you record your game into the same filename so that it overwrites the previous recorded games. Otherwise you end up having a massive filesized ns folder.

If it doesn't work, try reinstalling ns and maybe temporary changing your video mode.