The Oxford English Monseunary

VenmochVenmoch Join Date: 2002-08-07 Member: 1093Members
edited August 2003 in Off-Topic
<div class="IPBDescription">For those people who can't understand</div> <span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>The Oxford English Monsunary</span>
<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>First Edition</span>
<span style='font-size:19pt;line-height:100%'>For when you need to find that obscure MonsE word!</span>

Compiled By Venmoch With contrabutions from the NS Community

---

<u>Awwww yeahhh A-w-w-w-w-yea-h-h-h</u>
<i>Ext groan</i>

1.) Sound emitted by MonsE after a positive experience within a game of NS. Only sparsely heard in the presence of an enemy team consisting of actual humans.

<i>*Sound of HMG being picked up.* "Awwwwww yeahhhhh."</i>

<i><u>Description and Word Contributed by NemesisZero</i></u>

---

<u>Assgasm ****-ga-sum"</u>
<i>Adj</i>

1.) A description of something extra super crappy.
2.) A way of sounding slightly dirty while insulting someone else's concept or idea

<i>"I tried out the Battlefield 1942 Secret Weapons Demo, and it's that same old assgasmic capture the flag gameplay"</i>

<i><u>Description and Word Contributed by MonsieurEvil</i></u>

---

<u>Bike Helmet Wearers</u>
<i>Noun</i>

1.) Something only nancies wear 'cause they're afraid of hurting their tiny brains while going 3 miles an hour.

2.) A sign of the end of true Darwinian natural selection and civilization as we know it.

3.)Proof that Generation X is raising a bunch of sissy-arse muhs.

4.) Something that anyone from my generation would have worn only on pain of death, to avoid utter humiliation as a wuss.

<i>"I got pulled over for not wearing a bike helmet by a beyotch suburban cop, so I am going to move to Australia where I can be a man"</i>

See Also Generation D, SunnyD Drinkers, Teenangsters

---

<u>Bittorrent Bit-Torr-ent</u>
<i>noun</i>

1.) Program used by <i>Communist Hippys</i> to download files off each other at fast speeds

<i>Only communist hippys use Bittorrent</i>

See Also: Communist Hippys

---

<u>caek c-a-k</u>
<i>noun</i>

1.) possibly narcotic substances consumed at seemingly random times, possibly in celebration, by NS forum-goers.

<i>"Caek And Pai be yours my young padawan.."</i>

<i><u>Description and Word Contributed by Zig</i></u>

---

<u>Communist Hippys Co-mm-u-nist Hi-pp-y-es</u>
<i>adj</i>

1.) The group of people who share files with each other using programs like <i>Bittorent</i> rather than FTP

2.) Used in a potentially derogatory manner to describe people with 1960's era ideals

<i>"You are a Communist Hippy"</i>

---

<u>Dig that crazy beat, skoodibbidyway, hep cat "Di-g-th-a-t-cr-a-zy-be-at-sk-oo-di-b-bid-y-wa-y-he-p-ca-t"</u>
<i>Transitive vrb</i>

1.) To indicate the awesomeness of mere promotional screenshots for one of KungFuSquirrel's NS maps.

Etymological note: the mere concept of MonsE being the true origin of this phrase is absolutely baffling to the average human mind. Use extreme caution (or a bike helmet) when trying to imitate MonsE's voice while saying this phrase in its entirety.

<i>"Anyhoo, here's NS_Veil, all new map and spiritual successor to Kung Fu Squirrel's masterpiece NS_Eclipse. Dig that crazy beat, skoodibbidyway, hep cat."</i>

<i><u>Description and Word Contributed by Marik_Steele</i></u>

---

<u>Draft Dodger "Dr-aft Dod-jer"</u>
<i>Noun</i>

1.) Anyone who has not served in the armed forces (even if there is no draft)

2.)Anyone who has long hair

3.) Anyone who was in the US Air Force (they don't count)

<i>"Hey spider monkey, you **** draft dodging hippy mary wank!"</i>

---

<u>Generation D "Gen-Er-A-Shion-D"</u>
<i>noun</i>

1.) The generation of people that were brought up on the frit soft drink SunnyD

2.) Responsible for most things in the modern world

<i>"Fam is a problem of the youth of Generation D"</i>

See Also: Sunny D

---

<u>Linuxmonster "Lin-Ux-Mon-St-Er"</u>
<i>adj</i>

1.) Used to describe someone in a derogatory language

2.) Used to describe users of the <i>Linux</i> Operating system

3.) Another name for joev

<i>"Suck it you Linuxmonster"</i>

---

<u>Muh "M-Uh"</u>
<i>adj</i>

1.) Usually used to describe something good of worthy of time

2.) Used as a pointer to something important

<i>Go Get in that Muh</i>

---

<u>Nubcaek "noob-cake"</u>
<i>noun</i>

any individual under the influence of SunnyD who

1.) spends 1 hour playing Natural Selection then 10 hours in the forums complaining about balance

2.) complains about infrequent updates to ReadyRoom.org

3.) complains about anything in the forums

4.) doens't know where MonsieurEvil's avatar came from

5.) thinks Windows98 is the most stable operating system ever created

<i>"You sir are a Nubcaek"</i>

<i><u>Description and Word Contributed by Spooge</i></u>

---

<u>Nublet "NUHB-let"</u>

<i>See Nubcaek</i>

<i><u>Description and Word Contributed by Jefe ("HEH-Fay")</i></u>

---

<u>Og Og Og "Ogg-Ogg-Ogg"</u>
<i>vrb</i>

1.) Usually used to usher people along to various places of value or interest quickly

<i>"Go now Og Og Og!"</i>

---

<u>Pai "Pa-i"</u>

<i>See Caek</i>

<i><u>Description and Word Contributed by Zig</i></u>

---

<u>Suckitude Su-k-i-tude</u>
<i>Adj</i>

A factor of how lame something is.

<i>"The retarded posts I see in General discussion have reach an all new level of suckitude since 2.0 released"</i>

---

<u>SunnyD Sun-knee-D</u>
<i>Noun</i>

1.) Popular fruit soft drink with large amounts of sugar and an apparent lack of anything fruit based

2.) Responsible for Generation D

<i>I regularly drink SunnyD</i>

See also: Generation D

---

<u>Teenangster Tee-n-ang-ster</u>
<i>Noun</i>

1.) Anyone aged 13-18 who thinks that being dark and gloomy and negative about everything makes them cool and edgy.
2.) Anyone who hates corporations or money, and has not yet actually experienced them firsthand, only through parental proxies.
3.) Anyone younger than MonsE

<i>"Go put some more eyeshadow on and crank your Smiths, teenangster, I really don't give a **** what you think"</i>

---

<u>Umpossibility/Unpossibility "Um-pos-ib-il-ity/Un-pos-ib-il-ity"</u>
<i>Noun</i>

1.) Something nobody is capable of, not even MonsE. Not to be confused with "impossibility," the word used to describe something only someone on MonsE's level can do.

<i>"Sorry for the delay folks, had some technical issues last night that made uploading todays NS 2.0 map pics an umpossibility. Yes, unpossibility"</i>

<i><u>Description and Word Contributed by Marik_Steele</i></u>

---

Just a little update!

Comments

• SpoogeSpooge Thunderbolt missile in your cheerios Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 67Members
    edited August 2003
    <u>Nubcaek "noob-cake"</u>
    <i>noun</i>

any individual under the influence of SunnyD who

<ul>
    <li>spends 1 hour playing Natural Selection then 10 hours in the forums complaining about balance
    <li>complains about infrequent updates to ReadyRoom.org
    <li>complains about anything in the forums
    <li>doens't know where MonsieurEvil's avatar came from
    <li>thinks Windows98 is the most stable operating system ever created
    </ul>
  • MonsieurEvilMonsieurEvil Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 4Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    edited August 2003
    Let me add:

<b>Teenangster</b>
    Noun

Anyone aged 13-18 who thinks that being dark and gloomy and negative about everything makes them cool and edgy.
    Anyone who hates corporations or money, and has not yet actually experienced them firsthand, only through parental proxies.
    Anyone younger than MonsE

Ex: 'Go put some more eyeshadow on and crank your Smiths, teenangster, I really don't give a **** what you think'

<b>Assgasm</b>
    Adjective

A description of something extra super crappy.
    A way of sounding slightly dirty while insulting someone else's concept or idea

Ex: 'I tried out the Battlefield 1942 Secret Weapons Demo, and it's that same old assgasmic capture the flag gameplay'

<b>Suckitude</b>
    Adjective

A factor of how lame something is.

Ex: 'The retarded posts I see in General discussion have reach an all new level of suckitude since 2.0 released'

<b>Bike Helmet Wearers</b>
    Noun

Something only nancies wear 'cause they're afraid of hurting their tiny brains while going 3 miles an hour.
    A sign of the end of true Darwinian natural selection and civilization as we know it.
    Proof that Generation X is raising a bunch of sissy-arse muhs.
    Something that anyone from my generation would have worn only on pain of death, to avoid utter humiliation as a wuss.

Ex: 'I got pulled over for not wearing a bike helmet by a beyotch suburban cop, so I am going to move to Australia where I can be a man'

See Generation D, SunnyD Drinkers, Teenangsters

<b>Space Nub</b>
    Adjective

Anyone being a nub while playing on readyroom.org's SunnyD or Lunixmonster NS servers

ex: 'Any day you space nubs want to defend your gorges would be fine by me'

See Nubcaek, Nubcaekpai, Baaron von Nubenstein, NubSquared, Nub in an Elevator, and Nubosarus Rex

<b>Draft Dodger</b>
    Noun

Anyone who has not served in the armed forces (even if there is no draft)
    Anyone who has long hair
    Anyone who was in the US Air Force (they don't count)

Ex: 'Hey spider monkey, you **** draft dodging hippy mary wank!'
  • SirusSirus Join Date: 2002-11-13 Member: 8466Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    Best Dictionary EVAR
  • LegionnairedLegionnaired Join Date: 2002-04-30 Member: 552Members, Constellation
    ... Rawk. Like, Hardcore Rawk.
  • Nemesis_ZeroNemesis_Zero Old European Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 75Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    edited August 2003
    <b>Awwww yeahhh.</b>
    Extended groan.

Sound emitted by MonsE after a positive experience within a game of NS. Only sparsely heard in the presence of an enemy team consisting of actual humans.

Ex. *Sound of HMG being picked up.* 'Awwwwww <i>yeahhhhh</i>.'
  • MonsieurEvilMonsieurEvil Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 4Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    Dang, missed it - 7000th post. Get some.
  • OttoDestructOttoDestruct Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7790Members
    Someone needs his post count set to -7000
  • ZigZig ...I am Captain Planet&#33; Join Date: 2002-10-23 Member: 1576Members
    i'm not sure if these qualify, but i'll throw em in anyway.

<b>caek, pai</b>

noun

possibly narcotic substances consumed at seemingly random times, possibly in celebration, by NS forum-goers.

ex: <i>CAek And Pai be yours my young padawan.. </i>
  • ElectricSheepElectricSheep Join Date: 2003-04-21 Member: 15716Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--Zig+Aug 22 2003, 03:50 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Zig @ Aug 22 2003, 03:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> i'm not sure if these qualify, but i'll throw em in anyway.

<b>caek, pai</b>

noun

possibly narcotic substances consumed at seemingly random times, possibly in celebration, by NS forum-goers.

ex: <i>CAek And Pai be yours my young padawan.. </i> <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Just say no to pai...
  • JefeJefe Join Date: 2003-04-21 Member: 15734Members, Constellation
    edited August 2003
    <!--QuoteBegin--Spooge+Aug 22 2003, 08:02 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Spooge @ Aug 22 2003, 08:02 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <u>Nubcaek  "noob-cake"</u>
    <i>noun</i> <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It's not "nuhb-cake"?

Edit: Forgot to add one

Nublet "NUHB-let"

See Nubcaek
  • JefeJefe Join Date: 2003-04-21 Member: 15734Members, Constellation
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>***BUMPED***</span></span>

We can't let this die already!
  • Marik_SteeleMarik_Steele To rule in hell... Join Date: 2002-11-20 Member: 9466Members
    We don't have to bump it shamelessly, we can add new entries. Let's see here, there's sure to be something classic on the readyroom.org archives....

here's two.

<b>Umpossibility/Unpossibility</b>
    Noun
    Something nobody is capable of, not even MonsE. Not to be confused with "impossibility," the word used to describe something only someone on MonsE's level can do.
    Ex: "Sorry for the delay folks, had some technical issues last night that made uploading todays NS 2.0 map pics an umpossibility. Yes, unpossibility"

<b>Dig that crazy beat, skoodibbidyway, hep cat</b>
    Transitive verb
    To indicate the awesomeness of mere promotional screenshots for one of KungFuSquirrel's NS maps.
    <i>Etymological note:</i> the mere concept of MonsE being the true origin of this phrase is absolutely baffling to the average human mind. Use <i>extreme</i> caution (or a bike helmet) when trying to imitate MonsE's voice while saying this phrase in its entirety.
    Ex: "Anyhoo, here's NS_Veil, all new map and spiritual successor to Kung Fu Squirrel's masterpiece NS_Eclipse. Dig that crazy beat, skoodibbidyway, hep cat."

See NS_Veil, KungFuSquirrel,