Can we get a performance patch?

Comments

• Crewman87Crewman87 Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224967Members
    I don't work for the company, however I have done plenty of development to know the in and outs of eCommerce.
  • patrickg1964patrickg1964 USA Join Date: 2016-12-30 Member: 225725Members
    oh shut up already. everyone is defending the company. why? I just want to play the game. all I am trying to do. but everyone has this I am the bad guy then you come back, now your playing the victim. all i want is to play the game and that's it. It is a good game. All I want to do is play it. for crying out loud. every time I say something. someone has to go on the deference. one it does not say beta, two they never said you have this big of problem and if so not to address it first. then change the game from 32bit to 64bit. and not give you a patch yo update it. Ya i paid for it. to be able to play it. that's all I want. So if you can't help with that. leave me alone.
    edited January 2017
    Because, you refuse to listen to the completely sound logic we are trying to explain to you. I will defend this company, because most issues I've had have been fixed relatively quickly. They have not abandoned the game, they have a project board that you can look at see the status of said fixes, and even have given you a time frame for when they will roll out the fix. You are just extremely impatient.

To put it simply, Do not buy early access games if you want them to be working perfectly 100% of the time. This will never happen with an early access game because that is how development works.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited January 2017
    The funny thing is...

Beta is a more complete game compared to Early access in general, so when you keep going on about that it doesn't say beta, you're kinda shooting yourself in the foot with that statement...

And if you want solutions to your problems have a look at @0x6A7232's signature... The thing is, there are a lot of people on here who are willing to help out. But, can you tone down the attitude of yours... You think throwing temper tantrums will have people on this forum running to your aid, so far everyone in this thread replying to you is a community member just like you, with no connections or affiliations with Unknown Worlds
    i have played beta before, but not one that stops working all together. thanks mr. geek
    edited January 2017
    This is NOT a beta. I am tired of this however. Everyone has explained to you why you are in the wrong, and not the developers. I hope you can find peace when the fixes roll out and all of this tantrum was for nothing. Good day sir.
    hay come on lets see if I can get the most dislikes. or disagree. that make a game out of this. you like games. Do you want to play a game. hit the frown face.
  • NachoboyNachoboy Join Date: 2016-12-30 Member: 225727Members
    edited January 2017
    I believe the developers said somewhere on the forum (cant remember where) that to make a performance patch, it would require months of work. That being said, you DO have a point, the game needs to be in at least a playable state (which is is.. sorta). I think ultimately the Devs are in a tight spot. 24th is the ETA of the next major patch, however, the game is experiencing extreme performance issues. So i'm assuming they're going to try to fix a tiny bit of the major issues many people are experiencing and try to add what they need to that fits the update criteria. Most likely the game will still be in an awkward state. Welcome to EARLY ACCESS my friend. I mean obviously it's an ETA so it can be pushed back, but hopefully they won't be like the ARK devs which ETA of 24th would mean the 27th.... of next month.

You should see ARK, their updates literally break the game on day 1. Also, try the experimental if you haven't already, it's getting 2-3 updates daily, but i haven't played in a few weeks so im not sure what's being addressed and what is on the back burner.

BTW can someone inform me if the dates are ETAs or actual launch dates? Don't really have the time or will to check.
    well I just deleted the game and reinstalling it for the 7 time. we see if it has 64 bit on it, also. this way i can play and you don't have to hear from me anymore. good news for you.
    edited January 2017
    Please refer to this information on how code development works.
    99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.

Take one down, patch it around...

127 little bugs in the code.

Not harassing you. Just trying to educate you in a fun and engaging manner is all.
    shut the hell up. know your just harassing me.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue

You're a wizard Foxy
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    that does not mean it is telling me it is in beta. it just shows there going to add to it. but not being playable. not listed after a time.. and you can't get a refund after 2 hours play and funny it starts after 20.

The exact wording in the early access warning is "not complete." I would generally assume that "not complete" implies that features, sometimes vital features, can be missing from the product. While I can see how it could also be interpreted to mean that the game only has a few problems, the phrase "not complete" really should serve as a warning that the product you're buying could be deeply flawed.

You are not alone in your complaints, a simple search of "unplayable" in the forums will show you how many people have the same problems. However, please understand that the devs are working hard to try to correct bugs and crashes, and will release an update as soon as they are able. You might have to take my word for it, but it really is a beautiful game, and I hope you get to experience it soon.
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    Foxy wrote: »
    And just like that he was gone! Its a mystery.

Ah, looks like I just missed him.
    one thing you forget we are all customers. all the people who are having this problem. expect to have a working game. not. oh sorry we are working on it. you don't get the point. small glitches are expected. not not being able to play a game after you got it. is not not a small glitch. no mater how you defend or explain it. It is not right. That's my point. there is a difference (big). in small problems to being unplayable. i have tried it all to fix. But if all you get from the company is oh we are working on things. a whats the point.
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members

Good. He accused people of being rude to him but he sent me a private message on here, out of the blue, telling me to kiss his ass. :o
    edited January 2017
    Myrm wrote: »

Good. He accused people of being rude to him but he sent me a private message on here, out of the blue, telling me to kiss his ass. :o

Why didn't you kiss his ass, that's so rude Myrm :tongue:

Apparently I was a dick and should "fok of"
    Indeed it was rude, though you got it worse :D
    Aww, I thought I was special or something. Sheesh what a let down. :(
    Crewman87 wrote: »
    Aww, I thought I was special or something. Sheesh what a let down. :(

U suk crewman, u suk so bad

better?
    @Kouji_San I feel important again! :D You're always a spot for humor good sir.
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »

Why didn't you kiss his ass, that's so rude Myrm :tongue:

Apparently I was a dick and should "fok of"

He did the same thing to me, I responded with I don't know where his has been and I'm not one for kissing others butts, I am not someone who would stoop to that level.

Also thank you @Foxy and @Obraxis
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    Heh...

I'm not sure whether I should be hurt or relieved...

He didn't send me any messages at all, and I was the most curt to him.

B)
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    Heh...

B)

Perhaps there's a moral there. I am going to test it out on the huge meaning looking Hell's Angel currently outside my house. I'll be vary curt to him and see what he does. I'll report back. :D
    edited January 2017
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    Heh...

B)

Perhaps there's a moral there. I am going to test it out on the huge meaning looking Hell's Angel currently outside my house. I'll be vary curt to him and see what he does. I'll report back. :D

Hmm, this was 12 hours ago... RIP Myrm :o