Stop sugar coating it

Hughes77Hughes77 Join Date: 2016-10-16 Member: 223179Members
edited October 2016 in Subnautica on Consoles
Ive just gotten the game yesterday on xbox one, after a few hours this is what my experience has become ( http://xboxclips.com/HowardHughes77/0d32794f-01c9-4906-b7d4-f72da888acca ) UNPLAYABLE. I figured, the game is in early access, so i got onto google to see if anyone else has been having this framerate issue. Low and behold, its been like this for months... and anyone to bring it up sugarcoats the topic to the point where you would think this community is just a bunch of dunkin donuts employees.

STOP making new content for your game, FIX the performance issues NOW while people still care. Content keeps getting added and its beyond me why, everything added gives more potential for even more bugs that could be causing said performance issues meaning by the time they even plan on fixing it, it could take even longer. Your game is good and people like it, thats not an excuse to get lazy about cleaning up the glaring issues this game has. I would LOVEEEE to give actual feedback, alot of it regarding XB1 specific issues, and im sure i could find more. HOWEVER WHEN I CANT PLAY THE GAME AS INTENDED ITS KINDA HARD TO EVEN WANT TO TOUCH THIS.

EDIT: And no, its not an issue with the xbox itself, the xbox one is fine and can run bigger badder things than subnautica. If it was an issue associated solely with the xbox, we would have a waaay bigger problem. Anyway, just fix your game, its been months, theres no excuse.

Comments

• Angelic_RazgrizAngelic_Razgriz USA Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217379Members
    You need to add everything into the game before you can tweak performance. You sacrifice what is needed when you have all the puzzle pieces.

The game is fine right now.

They will still be developing for the next several months. Performance and bug squashing will be last on their list.

If you don't like it get a refund dude.

On a side note: It is early access. It literally says you WILL experience problems. So be constructive on the forums and don't be an ass hat to the devs who put their time and love into something they believe in.

Sincerely,
    - Angelic
  • GreybeardGreybeard USA Join Date: 2016-09-24 Member: 222538Members
    I will say one thing concerning the OP's comment, and this is coming from someone who's been gaming a long time, on many platforms (take that as you like). He is correct about losing out on player interest. I realize this is a topic all by itself, but worth discussing. I don't think it should be used as a threat either, BUT! it's been demonstrated over and over again, and has me also scratching my head... why developers sometimes seem to miss the boat on the momentum their game has. "Pokémon Go" is a more recent example.

Not to say that these games won't have a fan base, or can't be successful, but it's like the hype and interest are there, at a peak they will never reach again, and then the ball gets dropped. From a financial standpoint, it seems counterintuitive. It's not as if other articles have never been written about this.

There's no denying that gamers are quick to move on to the latest and greatest. I understand development also takes time. I get that allowing early "sales" can help fund development. I dig that games can be early access, but I wonder if companies wouldn't be better off just keeping quiet until release. Imagine if "Subnautica" came out of nowhere, polished and in all it's splendid beauty. The ratings would be fresh takes, the interest wouldn't have waned, people would be blown away, and word of mouth (twitch, YT, etc) would spread like wildfire.

Instead, we all feel like we've seen what there is to see, for the most part. I love "Subnautica", and I hope its hugely successful. The topic isn't even specifically about "Subnautica", but rather the practice of early access and how it effects game sales. It just seems like it would be the difference between making hundreds of thousands, and making millions.

And further food for thought, (and this is my opinion, because, who else's would it be?), I wonder if developer interaction with the gaming community (concerning development changes) was ever a good practice to start, as opposed to the games just getting made and put on the shelf for sale. It seems to generate an awful lot of vitriol and is perhaps counterproductive and hurtful to developer's reputations.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    I've been playing the game since the end of Aug. 2016 on my PC and other than a few stupid assumptions on my part early on, have had no problem playing the game.
    It is an Early Access Game, whether you like it or not is up to you, but your opinion should be based at this point on accepting the fact that it may not work at times if you are playing on the Experimental Branch.

There have been very few problems reported on the mainline branch other than the FPS can be very low.
    Now depending on your rig, that can either be a show-stopper, or in my case, no problem at all.

The Dev's have acknowledged this fact and are looking into it.
    (they have even suggested a few reason why it's happening)

You got a game for $20 bucks (or $15 like in my case) that told you ahead of time, it was still in Alpha and may not fully work at times.
    There's no sense in raging in the forums about a lack of the Designer's efforts to fix the game.

Which is kinda silly really, since...

THEY ARE WORKING ON IT DAILY AND ARE AWARE OF THE PROBLEMS.
    smh
  • Hughes77Hughes77 Join Date: 2016-10-16 Member: 223179Members
    edited October 2016
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Content creators are not programmers, they texture, design maps (the world) and create models

Programmers are the ones who can fix performance

You're basically saying, send the content creators home for a bit, while the programmers still do their thing. Seems counterproductive to say the least :D

No, im saying programmers fix the unplayable framerate, while content creators clean up and work on the little things that have a smaller chance of creating even more performance issues.
    You need to add everything into the game before you can tweak performance. You sacrifice what is needed when you have all the puzzle pieces.

The game is fine right now.

They will still be developing for the next several months. Performance and bug squashing will be last on their list.

If you don't like it get a refund dude.

On a side note: It is early access. It literally says you WILL experience problems. So be constructive on the forums and don't be an ass hat to the devs who put their time and love into something they believe in.

Sincerely,
    - Angelic

You dont need to add everything before working on performance, that statement is ridiculous. Also a game that has been unplayable since may, is far from being in any way "fine".
    Obraxis wrote: »
    We're not sugar coating it, we've told people we're working on performance but it's goign to be a while before it's there.

We're in Game Preview for a reason, and that's the reason it says you may have all sorts of issues before you buy. We're not done with the game yet. Things will improve over time.

People can try for the 2 hours free time on Xbox and see if it's something they would llike to get involved with. Every report we get using our in-game feedback systems helps. If you're expecting a finished polished game in Early Access/Game preview, it seems like this system isnt for you. But that's ok, it's not for everyone.

I didnt say the developers are sugar coating, i said the community is for the most part. Dont give me that "early access isnt for you" BS to dismiss calling out lazy development. I have been with elite dangerous, the long dark, ark all since first coming to the preview program. You know what these all have in common? When something breaks the game to the point of being unplayable, they step back and put performance on the forefront so that the game can actually be played. Issues i expect, having garbage under 10 FPS since may, as i said, no excuse. It seems more so that early access isnt for subnautica, if you want money now on the promise of something playable for everyone apparently months down the line, get this off steam and xbox and go set up a kickstarter page.
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    I've been playing the game since the end of Aug. 2016 on my PC and other than a few stupid assumptions on my part early on, have had no problem playing the game.
    It is an Early Access Game, whether you like it or not is up to you, but your opinion should be based at this point on accepting the fact that it may not work at times if you are playing on the Experimental Branch.

There have been very few problems reported on the mainline branch other than the FPS can be very low.
    Now depending on your rig, that can either be a show-stopper, or in my case, no problem at all.

The Dev's have acknowledged this fact and are looking into it.
    (they have even suggested a few reason why it's happening)

You got a game for $20 bucks (or $15 like in my case) that told you ahead of time, it was still in Alpha and may not fully work at times.
    There's no sense in raging in the forums about a lack of the Designer's efforts to fix the game.

Which is kinda silly really, since...

THEY ARE WORKING ON IT DAILY AND ARE AWARE OF THE PROBLEMS.
    smh

I shake my head to your shaking, check what forum you are on...
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    Did you have any other purpose to join than to insult and nope at every reply you're given?
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    The Devs decided to go with all content first and leave most of the performance effort for the few weeks before v1.0

Wether we agree with this decision or not is everyone's own mojo, altho it makes little difference in the end since we have no power over this beside expressing it in the forums which is our right to do so (when done properly and with respect) That being said, im one of those that thinks leaving most of the performance work for last is not a smart move.

Yes, i love this game to death (my steam tells me ive been playing it for over 740 hours .... i have no life i know lol) But i have to admit that the poor performance the game has lessens my overall enjoyment of the game. Its a good thing that Subnautica is so beautiful because right now it doesnt have much than that going for it, lets be realistic: Poor performance, next to no story elements yet, much of everything still need to be rebalanced before v1.0 (recipes, fragments placement ...) The only reasons im this patient with the game and devs is because i know its still in Early Access and also the fact that devs are so pro-active with the community, i've rarely seen that from other game companies (Blizzard's devs are awesome too imo ... thats about it)

Some peoples like me will love this game to death even tho its not doing so great performance-wise but many many others will be frustrated that a game with such potential is being kept down by performance issues for such a long time that it ruins gameplay enjoyment for them. I can understand that and for this reason its hard for me to dissagree with OP on this matter.

There was once a thread made about a year back that asked the community if they would rather have content put on hold for a while if time was invested on performance and i was astonished by the overwhelming number of peoples saying that yes, they would'nt mind at all. I wish i could find that thread back gdi!

I can't keep but wondering how wayyy cooler a game than it already is it would have been the past few months if more time hath been invested in Performance improvement than what it have been so far. But .... you know, thats just my 2 coppers on the subject. Im not a Developper so i dont know much i guess

All in all, i dont agree with their decision to wait at the end for the big Performance work either but i respect them alot for all that they accomplished with this game. I extremely hope that Subnautica will be a huge success in the end as they hope it will.

(ps) im sorry for the wall of text, thats just how i felt to say it :wink:
  • KisuKisu Germany Join Date: 2016-08-08 Member: 221099Members
    I would understand your statement if everyone would have that perfomance problems. But the truth is that only a few seem to have these kind of issues. 3 of my friends are playing subnautica right now, 2 on xbox one and 1 on PC (I also play on PC). None of them have performance issues except in the mushroom forest and sometimes in the seamoth. I also never experienced much issues and I have all settings in the graphics on "high".

I don't know what's different in your case but fact is that the devs are aware of that and are working on it but a few people out of the player base having problems is no reason to just stop with the development and concentrate on performance issues. That would cause a break down because the majority of the players would just stop playing because there is no new stuff coming and they already seen everything.

I hope you get my point and I hope for you that you will be able to play this game without the performance issues as soon as possible.

PS: Please try to stay polite in the forum I know you are in a bad mood because these issues are making you angry but that is no reason to bash everyone who has given you an answer.
    edited October 2016
    DrownedOut wrote: »
    Did you have any other purpose to join than to insult and nope at every reply you're given?

Telling it how it is isn't insulting, I'm not sorry if that offends you. Yes I did also, when the game is in a playable state il be here giving feedback.
    Rainstorm wrote: »
    The Devs decided to go with all content first and leave most of the performance effort for the few weeks before v1.0

Wether we agree with this decision or not is everyone's own mojo, altho it makes little difference in the end since we have no power over this beside expressing it in the forums which is our right to do so (when done properly and with respect) That being said, im one of those that thinks leaving most of the performance work for last is not a smart move.

Yes, i love this game to death (my steam tells me ive been playing it for over 740 hours .... i have no life i know lol) But i have to admit that the poor performance the game has lessens my overall enjoyment of the game. Its a good thing that Subnautica is so beautiful because right now it doesnt have much than that going for it, lets be realistic: Poor performance, next to no story elements yet, much of everything still need to be rebalanced before v1.0 (recipes, fragments placement ...) The only reasons im this patient with the game and devs is because i know its still in Early Access and also the fact that devs are so pro-active with the community, i've rarely seen that from other game companies (Blizzard's devs are awesome too imo ... thats about it)

Some peoples like me will love this game to death even tho its not doing so great performance-wise but many many others will be frustrated that a game with such potential is being kept down by performance issues for such a long time that it ruins gameplay enjoyment for them. I can understand that and for this reason its hard for me to dissagree with OP on this matter.

There was once a thread made about a year back that asked the community if they would rather have content put on hold for a while if time was invested on performance and i was astonished by the overwhelming number of peoples saying that yes, they would'nt mind at all. I wish i could find that thread back gdi!

I can't keep but wondering how wayyy cooler a game than it already is it would have been the past few months if more time hath been invested in Performance improvement than what it have been so far. But .... you know, thats just my 2 coppers on the subject. Im not a Developper so i dont know much i guess

All in all, i dont agree with their decision to wait at the end for the big Performance work either but i respect them alot for all that they accomplished with this game. I extremely hope that Subnautica will be a huge success in the end as they hope it will.

(ps) im sorry for the wall of text, thats just how i felt to say it :wink:

ALL OF THIS. It really is a great game, lots of potential to be greater, it may not have much, but I personally love the building aspect of the game. It's just a shame I can't enjoy it past the first hour, if that,when I'm actually progressing. If what you say is true, it's an even bigger shame that this was even given to the community to vote on. Its a no brainier, what use is any content at all if the game is under 10 fps when you actually start doing anything meaningful?
    Kisu wrote: »
    I would understand your statement if everyone would have that perfomance problems. But the truth is that only a few seem to have these kind of issues. 3 of my friends are playing subnautica right now, 2 on xbox one and 1 on PC (I also play on PC). None of them have performance issues except in the mushroom forest and sometimes in the seamoth. I also never experienced much issues and I have all settings in the graphics on "high".

I don't know what's different in your case but fact is that the devs are aware of that and are working on it but a few people out of the player base having problems is no reason to just stop with the development and concentrate on performance issues. That would cause a break down because the majority of the players would just stop playing because there is no new stuff coming and they already seen everything.

I hope you get my point and I hope for you that you will be able to play this game without the performance issues as soon as possible.

PS: Please try to stay polite in the forum I know you are in a bad mood because these issues are making you angry but that is no reason to bash everyone who has given you an answer.

Only a few? Go through the Xbox forums, it's not a small problem going on with a small amount of players.

Lol false, the devs knew since launch and said "nah brah, we add stuff now and screw anyone who can't play, under 3 fps? No problem brah we fix later".

I'm glad your friends aren't having issues, I wish everyone on Xbox who bought it wasn't having issues, but it's not the case here. I've been talking to people off the forums and it seems more are having this problem than not but simply don't post here because "we are aware of the problem and are working on it" has been the case for too long.

So a few shallow people stop playing because there's no new toys, so what? If the game is stable for 90 ish percent of people, that would attract more people to come back, or buy for the first time. As I said, content makes no difference when a majority of people are getting under 10 fps when they get to the bread and butter, never mind even touching late game goals.

Lmao, I'm not sorry if you're offended, and I don't see why everyone thinks I'm angry and insulting. I guess I'm just not used to kissing serious butt.
    There again. I never said that you are angry and insulting nor am I offended.
    I said you simply bash everyone with another opinion and that is just rude and inpolite. I thought maybe mention it to you will open your eyes a bit and think about your mode of expression.
    And yes many will leave when there is no new content coming, not because they are "shallow people who want new toys" but simply because the game can get boring after 50+ gameplay hours without new stuff coming or without a final end (like the end of a story).
    edited October 2016
    There again. I never said that you are angry and insulting nor am I offended.
    I said you simply bash everyone with another opinion and that is just rude and inpolite.
    |
    |

Let's stay on topic, people won't just up and leave forever because they are making the game better. As I said this is all very simple, they could have resolved the fps issue in may, isn't it about time the game runs at a consistent 30 fps at least? When about half of the 10 most recent discussions on the forum are about the game being unplayable in one way or another this far after launch, it speaks volumes about what is going on.

Sure kisu, maybe 50 hours in it does get boring. However I'm sure a lot more people would rather it get boring after 50 hours (cause let's be honest, if an early access title can rope you in that long than obviously something is going right) instead of just becoming unplayable after 1-2 hours. I'm glad you are having fun, but imagine yourself being in the other huge chunk of players that get good gameplay for about an hour before the game decays into 2-3 fps and there's no fixing it. Once you can even imagine it tell me you give a rat's stinky furry butt hole about even trying to get another hour in, nevermind 50 hours at 2-3 fps and then getting bored.

What I am very confused about is: What exactly causes this performance issues and why does not everybody have them? I read somehwere in the forum that someone with an excellent computer has performance issues - I for example have a good Laptop but nothing special, runs games normally and sometimes on demanding games I have to lower the graphics.
    So why does someone with a very good computer has performance issues and I with my medium laptop don't have any?
    I don't know anything about programming so I can't say if this can be fixed easy or not.

I also read somewhere that one of the reasons for these issues is the terraforming part of the game (I think this also is the reason for the reaper glitch). The devs are planning to completely remove this from the game in a few weeks, it is already on the TRELLO. So maybe when this step is done the performance issues will be gone, or at least a major part of it.
    For now we can just wait and see I guess.
    What I am very confused about is: What exactly causes this performance issues and why does not everybody have them? I read somehwere in the forum that someone with an excellent computer has performance issues - I for example have a good Laptop but nothing special, runs games normally and sometimes on demanding games I have to lower the graphics.
    So why does someone with a very good computer has performance issues and I with my medium laptop don't have any?
    I don't know anything about programming so I can't say if this can be fixed easy or not.

I also read somewhere that one of the reasons for these issues is the terraforming part of the game (I think this also is the reason for the reaper glitch). The devs are planning to completely remove this from the game in a few weeks, it is already on the TRELLO. So maybe when this step is done the performance issues will be gone, or at least a major part of it.

No idea for sure, I hope it's just as easy as removing terraforming. Considering that is has been an issue since may on xbox, and how you explained that you yourself run it fine on a laptop, it baffles me how people are just blaming the Xbox. At least we know for sure that it's caused by something before the may release and maybe added onto by content post release. I hope the devs have a statement soon about the fps though. Even if we all don't understand it would be good to get the specifics of the problem and a reasonable eta for fixing it.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members

0x6A7232 wrote: »
    All bases, including wrecked bases, always render (so build simpler bases)
    https://trello.com/c/tyLIB9ZO

All power generators create an FPS / performance drop (including solar), increasing with each one built
    https://trello.com/c/60XWDIja

Deconstructing parts of bases to increase performance won't work, as those resources are not released until the entire base is deconstructed in its entirety
    https://trello.com/c/N6kT4rdC

Now, take all three of these together. 1) Your base(s) + wrecked bases are always rendered. 2) All power generation equipment creates a performance hit, cumulative with each generator. 3) Add the above two to this: Trying to mitigate the above two factors does not work unless you nuke & pave (start from scratch) the base in question. Now, compound that further. Let's say you didn't quite get the position of something right, or you make an addition, and change your mind. Every iteration on the base, even temporary ones, would cascade into a huge performance hit.

NOW BEAR IN MIND, I am by no means a dev here, and I'm not even a programmer, I'm just piecing this together from what I read, so if I'm wrong, devs, please correct me here.

Just hoping that knowing this information will assist with proper base-building until those 3 bugs are quashed.

P.S. @ Devs: Thanks for making such an awesome game, keep it up, I know you've got this. :smiley:

@Obraxis, can we get any comment from the dev team on my guesses above?

• BlindGuardianBlindGuardian Canada Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217604Members
    I've never had the game drop that severe just being in my base. The ONLY times I got framerates that bad were before they improved it in the cyclops. It used to be terrible, but as of I think 2 patches ago I haven't had this issue.

However, like the person above me posted, it could be the amount of bases and storage, etc...you've built in your world.

My bases only consist of what is absolutely necessary, and I do not build tons of lockers and fill them with things. I'm not doing this to improve my games performance, this is just how I play it, but it has clearly helped with performance since I've been playing since day 1 and have never ran into a framerate like that (again outside of cyclops pre patch).

Not all of us are sugar coating issues, some of us genuinely do not have major problems. Though I see your frustration, I'd be pissed too if that's how my game ran
  • jaradenjaraden UK Join Date: 2016-08-09 Member: 221123Members
    all i can say is.... although i see both sides of the issue ( i do) HOWEVER we are consumers, sure the game is early access, sure there's going to be teething issues along the developmental road BUT as the creators of a product should you not be interested in providing a game that at the very least functions?

i might also point out this is not the only preview program game and i've yet to see such fundamentally poor frame rate issues elsewhere. for a person who enjoys playing this game, having such terrible issues prevent me from playing is VERY frustrating.
  • gustavo_sanchezgustavo_sanchez Join Date: 2016-10-13 Member: 223103Members
    When the game came out for Xbox I really enjoyed it. I know it was GP game, and still accept its shortcomings. However, as the OP mentioned somewhat rudely, it's very difficult to play now. I know bugs are expected, but as mentioned, there is a risk of losing interest because of missed expectations and disappointments with the current state of the game. I would prefer a stable framework to work on than a complete game that can barely hold its own. No amount of content will ever replace stable gameplay. What if the devs find out that the game won't even run well on Xbox? That's something you would like to know sooner than later.

I have other GP games, but this is the only I actually have to stop playing until it catches up to a confortable level. Keep it up devs while I'm still here, look at NMS. Nah, I know you are way better. Just don't disappoint me.
    I've never had the game drop that severe just being in my base. The ONLY times I got framerates that bad were before they improved it in the cyclops. It used to be terrible, but as of I think 2 patches ago I haven't had this issue.

However, like the person above me posted, it could be the amount of bases and storage, etc...you've built in your world.

My bases only consist of what is absolutely necessary, and I do not build tons of lockers and fill them with things. I'm not doing this to improve my games performance, this is just how I play it, but it has clearly helped with performance since I've been playing since day 1 and have never ran into a framerate like that (again outside of cyclops pre patch).

Not all of us are sugar coating issues, some of us genuinely do not have major problems. Though I see your frustration, I'd be pissed too if that's how my game ran

As i said, im not that far into survival so ive got a minimal setup, i could see structures causing FPS drops, but not this bad.
    Foxy wrote: »
    There is a distinct difference between offering constructive feedback and ranting and shouting at everyone because you're upset. You've gone with the latter approach it seems. The game is early access/game preview and these issues are unfortunately to be expected. Please keep your posts civil and polite or don't post.

LOL, Foxy, as i said, its been an issue since MAY, it should have been fixed, thats as constructive as it gets. Ive been civil and polite, scroll up, i mentioned that telling it how it is is in no way rude or uncivil.
    jaraden wrote: »
    all i can say is.... although i see both sides of the issue ( i do) HOWEVER we are consumers, sure the game is early access, sure there's going to be teething issues along the developmental road BUT as the creators of a product should you not be interested in providing a game that at the very least functions?

i might also point out this is not the only preview program game and i've yet to see such fundamentally poor frame rate issues elsewhere. for a person who enjoys playing this game, having such terrible issues prevent me from playing is VERY frustrating.

so much this

• RyanKnight75RyanKnight75 Wichita, Ks Join Date: 2016-10-17 Member: 223204Members
    I have to agree in part with Hughes77, if the Frame Rate has been an issue on Xbox One for this long (nearly 6months), then I'd like to know what the hold up is, its completely unplayable at this time. I also petition the developers/programmers to fix this asap. Furthermore, as a paying customer who's waited that long, no upfront contract can justify making us wait that long, so posting about it is understandable.

As for my feed back to the developers, what an awesome game and concept, when playing on my gaming PC, its smooth enough to thoroughly enjoy!

My suggestions; with all the adv tech we have and can produce, I would love the following upgrades: sonar, radar, topographical map with way-points, torpedo's that do more than gas or throw the creatures that are trying to kill us, solar recharging for the Cyclops, auto pilot to way-points based on previous Geo-mapping and the ability to check the Data Pad while driving, I mean we're alone on this world, as far as we know, so there's no by-standards to run over! LOL

Surface speed boats & a ship that could carry the Cyclops. Adding land/sky animals, rough seas and weather......

Over all I just an appreciative fan :)
  • GreybeardGreybeard USA Join Date: 2016-09-24 Member: 222538Members
    Hughes77 wrote: »
    LOL, Foxy, as i said, its been an issue since MAY, it should have been fixed, thats as constructive as it gets. Ive been civil and polite, scroll up, i mentioned that telling it how it is is in no way rude or uncivil.

For the record, I wasn't asking if you [thought you] had been polite and civil, I was telling you that you hadn't. Performance being an issue since May does not change anything. The game was early access in May and it still is now. There are no guarantees about performance. The best thing you can do is persevere, report bugs as you find them and most of all, be patient with the devs and trust them to focus on the right areas.

My initial thought was, "ok, whatever, dad". OP was blunt, but not out of line. Everyone with their safe spaces and triggers... ready to cry offense at the slightest gruff response. Unless someone is sending death threats, or being completely off topic and obtuse intentionally, who cares? He had points, he had a strong opinion, and chose to express it how he did. Heck, I didn't care for his tone, but it doesn't matter. If his words were so terrible and offensive, then people will turn away on their own.
    Greybeard wrote: »
    Hughes77 wrote: »

For the record, I wasn't asking if you [thought you] had been polite and civil, I was telling you that you hadn't. Performance being an issue since May does not change anything. The game was early access in May and it still is now. There are no guarantees about performance. The best thing you can do is persevere, report bugs as you find them and most of all, be patient with the devs and trust them to focus on the right areas.

My initial thought was, "ok, whatever, dad". OP was blunt, but not out of line. Everyone with their safe spaces and triggers... ready to cry offense at the slightest gruff response. Unless someone is sending death threats, or being completely off topic and obtuse intentionally, who cares? He had points, he had a strong opinion, and chose to express it how he did. Heck, I didn't care for his tone, but it doesn't matter. If his words were so terrible and offensive, then people will turn away on their own.

Everyone so sensitive nowadays, I called out the devs on this issue and alot of it seems to be derailing into my apparent "tone" or how im so "angry" and how i should "be more polite". I dont much too care if people think im too blunt, i like to get to the point and thats not the subject of this discussion. Theres plenty of kiss butt discussions here, Unkown needs tough love right now from at least someone that can articulate reasonable points, and considering nobody else seems to have wanted to i sure did. So go ahead, get triggered, go to your safe space where nobody disagrees with you, and shoot i dont know, stay there? Maybe come back with some answers as to why the game is unplayable for a majority of players and has been for so long and info on plans to fix it. Instead of idk, we'll do it later... Its early access, you didnt have to buy it... as i said already, if you wanted money on the promise of getting something at least playable to your player base months later, GO TO KICKSTARTER.
  • gustavo_sanchezgustavo_sanchez Join Date: 2016-10-13 Member: 223103Members
    Thanks for your opinions. We're working hard on future optimizations but these things take time. We understand this can be frustrating, we play the game every day and are just as frustrated as you that it isnt yet running how we would like.

The motivation and people are there to get the job done, but the requirement is time. Game Preview/Early Access allows us to get data on exactly where and what is causing low FPS on Xbox and low-powered PC Systems. We've already used that data to improve FPS in certain areas & rule out other issues. I understand you might not approve of this method (EA/GP), but it has been absolutely essential for Subnautica to get to where it is today and we will continue to use the data and help the community is giving us to improve the game as we get closer to 1.0.

Thanks for the feedback! I hope everything ends well and the game will run smoothly eventually.
    Thanks for your opinions. We're working hard on future optimizations but these things take time. We understand this can be frustrating, we play the game every day and are just as frustrated as you that it isnt yet running how we would like.

The motivation and people are there to get the job done, but the requirement is time. Game Preview/Early Access allows us to get data on exactly where and what is causing low FPS on Xbox and low-powered PC Systems. We've already used that data to improve FPS in certain areas & rule out other issues. I understand you might not approve of this method (EA/GP), but it has been absolutely essential for Subnautica to get to where it is today and we will continue to use the data and help the community is giving us to improve the game as we get closer to 1.0.

Is there any specific information thus far about what is causing it? I just think its really strange that some with high end PCs are also having the problem while lower end systems are running smooth.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members

You guys did an awesome job with this game. Its not boot-licking, its just what i think about whats been done so far. Despite the fact that Devs and community players can and will have different views on how some things must be done (Optimization being one of them touchy subjects) We all got to admit that this game is unique in its genre and will be immensely awesome once it'll be completed.

We all would like Subnautica to be stable and optimized, it wont be the case for a few months still sadly. Nothing much we can do about it. We'll just have to suck it up (i include myself in this) and wait until optimization will be worked on more intensively
  • dexter397dexter397 U.S.A. Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218486Members
    edited October 2016
    You guys might want to look into the mushroom forest @Obraxis cause it is pretty laggy in that biome (just a heads up not meant to be rude) and eager noises are very faint for me too. And the game has turned out quite well because of the data you guys get so I have no problem beta testing it for you guys