I NEED THIS GAME IN MY LIFE ON PS4 PLEASE!!!

SereneSocietySereneSociety Join Date: 2016-08-28 Member: 221812Members
Will this game come out on PS4?

Comments

• Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    The devs actually have some plans to bring it there, but they're not focusing on it. So there is a possibility, but don't get your hopes too high.
  • yomamayomama On the freeway Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215861Members
    According to the roadmap, starting the ps4 port may happen in late December. Too early to say whether it will work on the psvr which comes out in October.
  • ZappsteveZappsteve Join Date: 2016-08-04 Member: 220965Members
    They will bring it to ps4 if the xbox version sales pretty good.
  • DagothUrDagothUr Florida Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220125Members
    Hey, Microsoft pays good bribe money to keep their games XBONE exclusive.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    DagothUr wrote: »
    Hey, Microsoft pays good bribe money to keep their games XBONE exclusive.

We don't have an exclusive deal with MS FYI. It's just they do an Early Access program, while Sony currently do not.
  • DagothUrDagothUr Florida Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220125Members
    Well then call MS and tell them you want your bribe money. No sense in missing out.
  • HYBRID1313HYBRID1313 Australia Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215179Members
    DagothUr wrote: »
    Well then call MS and tell them you want your bribe money. No sense in missing out.

UnknownWorlds also has plans for teaming up with PS4 and selling their game on that platform too, so an exclusive deal is not really what they want.
    @Obraxis, how likely would you say support for psvr will be?
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    yomama wrote: »
    @Obraxis, how likely would you say support for psvr will be?

We don't have a PS4VR Dev kit, so unlikely.
    edited August 2016
    Well...drat. Looks like I'm saving up for the new Laptop from Origin...waiting for the Titan X Pascal to be available in a mobile platform...
  • DelmarKaneDelmarKane US Join Date: 2016-08-31 Member: 221945Members
    yomama wrote: »
    Well...drat. Looks like I'm saving up for the new Laptop from Origin...waiting for the Titan X Pascal to be available in a mobile platform...

Don't....just don't. The only way this would be feasible is if you used a Thunderbolt 4 port for an external graphics amplifier, and even then, its risky. I own and use an Oculus Rift. I can safely say, the amount of processing power needed for VR on a PC, is astronomical compared to non-VR. Eve:Valkyrie, while coming out for PSVR, is going to have less fidelity than the PC version. It will still look and feel amazing but nothing compared to a PC. This is where having a PC will shine. No, you do not get your 4k resolution in VR, as no PC on the planet is powerful enough (nevermind that the panels aren't exactly consumer price friendly either).

A laptop with a thunderbolt 4 port (with said port being directly connected to the PCI-E bus) "should" be able to use a graphics amplifier with a desktop GPU inside of it, to render for VR but if the manufacturer doesn't give direct access (I think Asus or Razor comes to mind) then it won't work. If the laptop has an intel integrated video chip (or uses Optimus in any way) it will NOT work for VR. Don't depend on a sales rep to know either!

Also, don't count on SLI to help. Getting into the trap of thinking you can buy two 970's or 1070's and SLI them to give you better VR performance is a mistake. Both the Rift and the Vive do not support SLI, nor does anyone think it will be supported for a while. Long technical reason on why, so I won't get into that here. Just know, you are going to NEED to buy an '80 series card if you hope to run Subnautica in VR on a PC at a consistent 90FPS (once it is optimized). Will it run on lower? Yep. 970 is the lowest. Don't expect to run with everything on max settings or even with draw distance max (once that option exists, hint hint).

I have seen too many people dump $1500 on a laptop for VR, only to have it end in tears. If you are going the Origin route, you'll be dumping $4000 on a VR laptop and I have serious doubts about the stability. Think about this for a moment. All computers have a TDP (Thermal Design Power) rating in their CPU and their GPU. The higher the TDP, typically, the more power it has but the more cooling it must have as well. The GTX 1080 desktop class has a TDP of 180 (180 watts). While I don't know what the one in the Origin EON17-X (The SLU one won't work), if it has a 180 watt GPU, the fans are going to be so loud, I doubt even headphones would help. The CPU (figuring a 6700K) is 91 watts. Also, the smaller the fan, the louder it is.

Please, think about this. The two most heat producing components in a system are the GPU and CPU. There is a reason that desktop graphics cards are huge.

If you want to discuss this further, I'm open to explaining as much as possible but do not want to derail this thread any further.

That all being said, I bet this time next year, Subnautica will be VR capable on the new XBone (Project Scorpio I think?)
    Well...I'm saving $5k for my next laptop and would love to pick your brain on the best build as I want to run vr. I'll pm you.
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    @Obraxis If you guys managed to get a Nintendo NX dev kit and it was capable of supporting Subnautica, would you port it over after v1.0 comes out?
  • HerugrimHerugrim The Poconos Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221402Members
    Well there is something on the trello now about a PS4 port, so I guess that means it's intended to happen? If so I will buy, devs, even though I have it on my laptop, I will buy again.
    @Obraxis If you guys managed to get a Nintendo NX dev kit and it was capable of supporting Subnautica, would you port it over after v1.0 comes out?

We dont currently have any knowledge of or have a NX device, so I would say unlikely.