I can't find any Mobile Vehicle Bay fragments

night91night91 Join Date: 2016-08-29 Member: 221870Members
I can't find any Mobile Vehicle Bay fragments. I have been looking for a lot in the Kelp Forest and Grassy Plateaus. Any subjections?

Comments

• FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    Pod 17 is right next to the wreck with the fragments.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    edited August 2016
    Most of all valuable fragments have been relocated to big wreckages. They're either around them, on them and in them. Also, Devs are slowly but surely replacing all the grey safe-looking models with the actual models of what they represent.

For instance, when looking for the Battery charger, dont look for the safe looking frags but look for what the battery charger look like once you make it in your bases. Altho i think that for the MVB specifically, its still a safe-looking fragment.

You might want to hook up the signal you got for Lifepod 17 and look around there in order to find the Mobile Vehicle Bay Fragments you're looking for. You might need to persevere tho, as you'll only find enough to make the blueprint if you go deep inside the wreck
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    You'll need at least two tanks and a fully charged Seaglide. Fully. Charged. You don't want to run out of battery right when you're in a hurry to go up for air. This wreck can seriously kill you.
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    I found them in a grassy plateaus wreck near the mushroom forest.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    For getting the MVB fragments at lifepod 17 wreck (signal leads to place):

Fins, rebreather, 1 tank, seaglide and extra batteries as well as some food and water.
    Maybe some pipes.
    And mainly only at day.
    Maybe get a light source too.
    Without a Seamoth don't dare to explore any further if you're no diving expert.
    Only scan the fragments and ignore everything else.
  • LonnehartLonnehart Guam Join Date: 2016-06-20 Member: 218816Members
    If you're searching the wreck near Pod 17, bring as much piping as you can and a bouy. You will need the bouy to mark the wreck's location, and the pipes to make exploring the wreck easier (you're not using as much battery power if you're not powering your way to the surface to get air).

Whenever I'm in a wreck (or any wreck) I limit my time inside. With the pipes in place (or if I have a vehicle) I will stay until I have 60 seconds left. I then make my way back to my oxygen source. Why 60 seconds? In case the wreck is unfamiliar, or there's some hostile creature outside the wreck waiting for me I will have time to get to wherever I'm getting my oxygen from.
  • night91night91 Join Date: 2016-08-29 Member: 221870Members
    Thank you all, I will check the Pod 17. I am still new, even haven't used the piped before. It could be nice to mark all the interesting things with beacons.
  • AdmiralPainAdmiralPain Germany Join Date: 2016-04-02 Member: 215206Members
    Thank you all, I will check the Pod 17. I am still new, even haven't used the piped before. It could be nice to mark all the interesting things with beacons.

You don´t need to extra Mark many Wrecks and Pods since the last Update.
    If you repair your Lifepod, then the Com Station in your Lifepod works, and you will get Signals by hearing Messages with it, and that Signals lead to many Wrecks and Pods and Blueprints now.
    And you can use or change this Signals as many times as you wan´t, and if you don´t need them, simple put them in a Locker. ;)
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    We have noticed MVB fragments are bit harder to find now (we checked, they are still spawning just less than before), so we'll be working on that soon.
  • DelmarKaneDelmarKane US Join Date: 2016-08-31 Member: 221945Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    We have noticed MVB fragments are bit harder to find now (we checked, they are still spawning just less than before), so we'll be working on that soon.

Yea...I found about 200 of them, along with some very interesting looking rock textures (looks like spikes), right outside of my lifepod. They were solid objects but could not be scanned. I think you all were asking for screenshots but taking them in VR and posting them to Steam is hard. I'll post some when I get home tonight, if you still want them. I'm on Experimental and nVidia driver version 372.xx I think. Will edit this in a few hours.
  • HaliosHalios Oz Join Date: 2015-11-27 Member: 209514Members
    I've just fired up the game for the first time in quite a while and just playing naturally - i.e. not looking stuff up - to see how it goes.

It's pretty awful. I found all the seamoth fragments easily very early on and have been swimming around for hours poking around in wrecks and searching the sea floor for the mobile vehicle bay. Not even a single fragment.
  • BDelacroixBDelacroix Florida Join Date: 2016-04-08 Member: 215511Members
    I found exactly 3 at the wreck near the mountain island (with the gun). Thing is, I only went there because I knew about it not because anything led me near there to have seen it.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited August 2017
    I'm 10 game-hours into a new one and have only found one MVB frag so far, even though I've had all three Seamoth frags since about a half hour of actual play into the game.
    :#
  • DukanaxDukanax Join Date: 2017-08-27 Member: 232664Members
    Following the story in the newer versions is very effective and advised. There is a wrek near one of the first lifeboats (the one with the missing radiation suit I think) this wrek contains all pieces of the seamoth and all pieces of the mobile vehicle bay. Some behind a broken hatch (need the laser cutter)
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    Dukanax wrote: »
    Following the story in the newer versions is very effective and advised. There is a wrek near one of the first lifeboats (the one with the missing radiation suit I think) this wrek contains all pieces of the seamoth and all pieces of the mobile vehicle bay. Some behind a broken hatch (need the laser cutter)

Lifeboat 6 no longer does that and hasn't for a very long time; you now have to wait for the Aurora explosion countdown to get the blueprint for the rad suit. Finding MVB fragments can be iffy, but you can reliably find some in the wreck near Lifepod 17.
  • LynchetLynchet UK Join Date: 2016-03-22 Member: 214679Members
    I found 2 fragments in the wreck near lifepod 17 - saved and restarted and hey presto it says I have no parts of the blueprint and I cant find any more ! Is this a known bug and if you do restart again where is the third part in the wreck ?
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    This was quite easy, as the wreck near the rad suit message has some and the wreck near the lifepod 17 has some too. Together they are more than enough (with the stable ghost leviathan update). You have to follow the signals though and explore the wrecks near the lifepods.

Also keep in mind that the rad suit is no longer that essential for early gameplay area, as the rad range has been reduced and rad is now much closer to the Aurora (that means you need no rad suit for the wreck near the lifepod with the rad suit message).

I think the signals strategy is paying out.
    (the only problem is with the Sunbeam rescue signal coming too early, as it conflicts with Officer Keen's rendevous signal and discovering the island AND exploring the QEP)
    Thanks everyone. I'll play follow-the-signals and see if that helps.

I'm in the habit of ignoring them because previously they always pointed to completely random things I already knew from earlier playthroughs.
    edited August 2017
    I've checked and it wasn't that I wasn't noticing signals. I don't have any apart from the lifepod (as in the starter one, not a wreck).
    Ok, so I've been at the wiki and unless it's out of date, it's not a matter of 'following the story' but of crafting random stuff to get signals.

http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Communications_Relay

I never make a seaglide early. So that's why I have no signal for lifepod 17. Maybe later when I have battery chargers and the recharge fins.

I did make a habitat builder though. I don't presently have a signal for lifepod 6. Don't know if that's a bug or if I've already visited it so it disappeared.

IMO this is not a winning formula. Randomly crafting everything you can so the game will give you signals to lead you to specific blueprints you need to craft other things whose blueprints are very easy to find. That's what the game is for new players.
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    edited September 2017
    You never make a Seaglide early? Why is that? With the last few updates, some of the Seaglide fragments have actually been replaced by MVB fragments.
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    The signals occur one after another as you listen to the previous one and have nothing to do with random crafting.
  • JarinJarin Los Angeles Join Date: 2013-12-16 Member: 190184Members
    On the nightly build, there's MVB fragments in at least one new wreck between safe shallows and the Aurora.
    In the latest experimental build, [52954], I've found at least 20 MVB fragments. They seem to be all over the place. So, they may be made some changes to make them easier to find versus the latest stable release build. If you aren't playing experimental, you might want to switch.
    You never make a Seaglide early? Why is that?

I've been playing since the early days, long before battery chargers were added and when batteries were a pain to get materials for. I got used to swimming.
    garath wrote: »
    The signals occur one after another as you listen to the previous one and have nothing to do with random crafting.

Not according to the wiki, as per the link I provided.

Though I can confirm that it seems to have the specifics wrong. I just crafted an MBV (finally) and it gave me the lifepod 17 signal.

The game isn't properly saving blueprint progress either in save or reload. I had found and scanned 2 / 3 from two different wrecks, but found myself at one point with only 1 / 3.

At five and a half hours - not with the slightest help from signals - I randomly chanced upon a wreck which had 4 MBV fragments in the same room. It was one of the kelp forest wrecks. Not very deep and has a cuttable door facing the surface.
    edited September 2017
    In general, I disagree with that Wiki article. But after playing the game for so many hours, there are tasks that I complete so quickly / early in the game that I'm not really sure without starting a new game and trying to disprove that Wiki.

Well this was a new game and many of the signals are granted in the manner it describes. As soon as you craft something or upon entering a particular area.