Moonpool Fragments?

KisuKisu Germany Join Date: 2016-08-08 Member: 221099Members
I don't know if I am blind or just missing something here I just can't find a single moonpool fragment.

I've been everywhere : safe shallows, kelp forest, grassy plateaus, mushroom forest, koosh zone, sparse reef, underwater islands, floater island and inside the aurora and I haven't seen one fragment.
The only places I didn't visit are the dunes and the mountains for obvious reaper reasons. :s

Can someone please give me a little hint where to look? I am getting desperate here I was searching for 3 hours yesterday. :(

Comments

• FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    Haven't found anything Moonpool related either. Yet, I have all scans for a Cyclops. Still missing one PRAWN suit fragment, too.
    Guess next stop is the Mountain Island.

Though I just got another gray screen of death and it's draining my motivation...
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    The last place I found those fragments was in the Grand Reef and the Deep Grand Reef.
  • KisuKisu Germany Join Date: 2016-08-08 Member: 221099Members
    edited August 2016
    Oh yeah the end of my search yesterday was near the mushroom forest next to the aurora.
    I was near the crash side and was wondering why I don't hear a single reaper. Suddenly that thing popped out of nowhere right in front of me with a massive "ROOOAAAWR".

I was like "nope" and just closed the game (Luckily I saved 5 minutes earlier :p ). But I am still asking myself where those fragments are...
    The last place I found those fragments was in the Grand Reef and the Deep Grand Reef.

Thank you!!! But I can dive only 200 meters deep with my seamoth so I guess I have to build the cyclops first?
  • aneyeaneye MSK Join Date: 2016-06-24 Member: 219014Members
    Yup, Grand Reef wreck (closest to your escape pod). It's about 250 meters deep, so first you need to find pressure compensator (ofc in Aurora). Also you need a laser cutter. Best way is go to hole at the bottom of that wreck. After second sealed door you'll find moonpool and scanner room fragments. Good luck!
  • LonnehartLonnehart Guam Join Date: 2016-06-20 Member: 218816Members
    aneye wrote: »
    Yup, Grand Reef wreck (closest to your escape pod). It's about 250 meters deep, so first you need to find pressure compensator (ofc in Aurora). Also you need a laser cutter. Best way is go to hole at the bottom of that wreck. After second sealed door you'll find moonpool and scanner room fragments. Good luck!

I guess I'll be crafting more pipes than usual now...
  • aneyeaneye MSK Join Date: 2016-06-24 Member: 219014Members
    Oh! The pipes! I almost forgot about that option XD
    @aneye I never used those pipes I just never thought about that too xD So I guess I will start using them now
  • ShuryCZShuryCZ Czech Republic Join Date: 2015-07-07 Member: 206047Members
    Yep, there are the fragments, I underestimated the risk and died in that deep grand wreck yesterday. IMO, more tuning of the fragments is inevitable - sometimes the search gets a bit flustrating. But at the same time, one needs to be prepared and the reward is... Well, rewarding! ((:
  • LonnehartLonnehart Guam Join Date: 2016-06-20 Member: 218816Members

I really hope the pipes are also updated soon. I use them to explore wrecks as they help save on battery power I'd be using to power my way to the surface instead. I also suggest taking a beacon along so you know where you put them at the surface.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    There are different methods to expand your diving depths beyond 200m (don't forget the rebreather though):
    • Seamoth with Pressure compensator found in Aurora
    • Seamoth with Seaglide
    • Pipes
    • Growing Purple brain corals in an external growbed

You could even go 500m down the Deep grand reef if the area wasn't Crabsquid infested now.

The advantage of Purple brain corals is working even in deepest depths. Disadvantage is you have to plan 1 day ahead. So theoretically you could use them to dive down to the Lava zone without any equipment other than the builder. That is if you could survive the creatures there. I usually use this method for wreck exploration early on without the Seamoth.
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    Kisu wrote: »
    But I can dive only 200 meters deep with my seamoth

Yeah that's the challenge. I never used the pipes whatsoever because they're a pain to use on xbox. What I did instead was hover the seamoth just over 200 meters and head out, then quickly swim back with two augmented tanks, a rebreather and a gas bladder. Nevertheless, even with all that equipment, I died once because my game was bugged. I didn't get any oxygen warning. I had to swim all the way back to get to my seamoth. :/
    My advice is not to visit the wreck in the grand reef because that place is a death trap. You can easily get lost in it. And the laser cutter takes forever to get through a door, and there's two of them to cut through so that's not gr8 news either.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    But I can dive only 200 meters deep with my seamoth

Yeah that's the challenge. I never used the pipes whatsoever because they're a pain to use on xbox. What I did instead was hover the seamoth just over 200 meters and head out, then quickly swim back with two augmented tanks, a rebreather and a gas bladder. Nevertheless, even with all that equipment, I died once because my game was bugged. I didn't get any oxygen warning. I had to swim all the way back to get to my seamoth. :/
    My advice is not to visit the wreck in the grand reef because that place is a death trap. You can easily get lost in it. And the laser cutter takes forever to get through a door, and there's two of them to cut through so that's not gr8 news either.

See my post above - try growing a Purple brain coral bed directly at the wreck. First place one at a ledge and use this one to place another directly at the wreck. Just plan your dives in 3 day expeditions. You could even place a brain coral bed directly under the wreck opening there.
  • NitoNito Germany Join Date: 2016-08-23 Member: 221631Members
    The wreck in the Grand reef is not so hard to explore. I use the Seamoth to get close to the "entrance".
    Now (it works for me) i used 4 O2 cylinders and a pair of the flippers. Also a important thing the rebreather to get some time.
    zetachron wrote: »
    See my post above - try growing a Purple brain coral bed directly at the wreck. First place one at a ledge and use this one to place another directly at the wreck. Just plan your dives in 3 day expeditions. You could even place a brain coral bed directly under the wreck opening there.

We probably commented at the same time 'cause I didn't see your post when I posted. Anyway, that's not a bad idea at all, m8.
  • orobourosorobouros US Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215163Members
    Oh yeah the end of my search yesterday was near the mushroom forest next to the aurora.
    I was near the crash side and was wondering why I don't hear a single reaper. Suddenly that thing popped out of nowhere right in front of me with a massive "ROOOAAAWR".

I was like "nope" and just closed the game (Luckily I saved 5 minutes earlier :p ). But I am still asking myself where those fragments are...

You know, I was under the impression I'd read somewhere that Reaper spawns were updated at some point specifically to prevent popping in right in front of the player. But that's happened to me too since the update.

Not cool guys. I guess I should report it. I mean, the thing practically spawned with its pincers on either side of me, no possible way to avoid death there.
  • CorBlimeyCorBlimey Big Blue Join Date: 2016-08-14 Member: 221300Members
    I hate pipes. Your lungs can't even suck air 1 metre let alone 100m

I would like there to be a floaty thing like the vehicle builder that is a floating 'compressor' and you swim along and dump it on the surface where you want it then the pipe extends like the dive wreel and you swim down dragging the pipe
  • CorBlimeyCorBlimey Big Blue Join Date: 2016-08-14 Member: 221300Members
    edited August 2016
    orobouros wrote: »

You know, I was under the impression I'd read somewhere that Reaper spawns were updated at some point specifically to prevent popping in right in front of the player. But that's happened to me too since the update.

Not cool guys. I guess I should report it. I mean, the thing practically spawned with its pincers on either side of me, no possible way to avoid death there.

They were working fine when I did a hellraiser trip round the 'farside' of the Aurora picking up loot containers (got 10 power cells :smiley:) - I got attacked a couple of times, one when I forgot to look Up which was pretty exciting.

I don't recall pop-ins at close range but during daylight you can see far enough that they do pop-in in the distance.

Mushroom forest is particularly bad for pop-in as it is a really resource intensive biome. I thought repears didn't go there though.
  • MiralityMirality New Zealand Join Date: 2016-08-05 Member: 221004Members
    CorBlimey wrote: »
    I hate pipes. Your lungs can't even suck air 1 metre let alone 100m

I would like there to be a floaty thing like the vehicle builder that is a floating 'compressor' and you swim along and dump it on the surface where you want it then the pipe extends like the dive wreel and you swim down dragging the pipe
    It's not in the game yet, but it will be pretty much exactly like that. Have a look at the new art for them :wink:
  • crane476crane476 United States, Tx Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206850Members
    Lonnehart wrote: »

I really hope the pipes are also updated soon. I use them to explore wrecks as they help save on battery power I'd be using to power my way to the surface instead. I also suggest taking a beacon along so you know where you put them at the surface.

If you look on trello the devs are actually working on them right now
  • FireFoxFireFox Join Date: 2004-05-28 Member: 28974Members
    edited September 2016
    Has this changed since the PRAWN update? I entered the wreck from the bottom, cut open the door in the second room (on a side wall), then cut open the next door (oriented below me), and the following room is just filled with crates. Do I need to move them to find the moonpool fragments? I see one or two of those cyclops module station looking dealies, but I can't scan anything. I did find one moonpool fragment in the northwestern mushroom forest, but I haven't been able to find another one in there.

Also wow... I didn't know I was actually registered here, the last post I made was a question about the first NS game.
    Edit: Here are some visual aids.
    The bottom of the wreck where I entered.
    The first door I cut.
    The second door I cut.
    The inside of the room.
    The stations I mentioned (that I can't scan.)
  • Yargish89Yargish89 new mexico usa Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217575Members
    It was a rare item for me wheRe those deep crawlers are took me ages to get them all
  • FireFoxFireFox Join Date: 2004-05-28 Member: 28974Members
    Finally found the other fragment back at the mushroom forest. I didn't have any luck finding fragments in the forest proper, mostly just around the borders of it. Now I guess I need a vehicle modification station to upgrade my seamoth pressure module.
  • Dj0219Dj0219 Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217102Members
    I found my moonpool in a wreck near the kush biom
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    @Nito Your avatar picture fills me with rage. Death to biters!
  • NitoNito Germany Join Date: 2016-08-23 Member: 221631Members
    @Sidchicken its ok, i will survive your hate^^ The Biters, i choose it because there are funny, not really dangerous^^
  • awesomeguy101awesomeguy101 Join Date: 2016-06-21 Member: 218886Members
    I went from the grand reef to most wrecks within reasonable range of it and it was hopeless.
    vkuvu4fabsra.jpg
    hnfr3ju20cop.jpg
    6oo2ocyewgy1.jpg
    0qekpjkskpa0.jpg
    Where ARE they?
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    Nito wrote: »
    @Sidchicken its ok, i will survive your hate^^ The Biters, i choose it because there are funny, not really dangerous^^

I don't hate you, only your avatar.
  • Storywriter666Storywriter666 Join Date: 2016-12-19 Member: 225194Members
    does one need the moonpool to update the dive depth of the seamoth i have the upgrade from the ship but im not sure if i can upgrade it with or without the moonpool
  • zimzumzimzum Join Date: 2004-09-02 Member: 31200Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    does one need the moonpool to update the dive depth of the seamoth i have the upgrade from the ship but im not sure if i can upgrade it with or without the moonpool

Yes, the moonpool is pretty much required tech. You need it to be able to build the Vehicle Modification Station
    Which then lets you build the Pressure Compensators